Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Bots in Remake?

<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 20 Sep 2012, 13:36

Bots in Remake?

Hey no comment, only that i do not know, how he is doing that, because it is not HIS server. I have tested hacking in private match too,to test the Security of online games in remake, but it is really hard.

Here are pictures(Messages are in the same second, when i finish one building!):

And after some minuts, he has left(because ally have said that he will send a demo to krom/or crashing the bot?!):

EDIT: i think this was wasting really my time. My last thing to this match: I think now, that Spectator(/"Name is deleted, because I dont know really, that this is true") has
me taken for a ride -.- He has open 2 times KaM and posting shit, that is what I think,because only HE could see, when my buildings are ready.
This should be maybe transfered to the theme"Jerks"
However: It is not true, that his really name is "Name is deleted, because I dont know really, that this is true" and maybe he is changing his name or ^^Messi2012´s" Name each game. I dont know. However only wasted my time really
Last edited by pawel95 on 20 Sep 2012, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 20 Sep 2012, 13:58

Re: Bots in Remake?

I didn't want to make this public but people are abusing it so I have to tell everyone now:

There is an exploit in RC3 that lets you see what other people are doing (see through fog of war). I doubt these people have made bots, they're just trolling using this exploit.

I guess this will be the end of games played in the RC until it's fixed because people will use it or not trust each other, and I don't have any time to release an RC4 patch so I think it will have to wait until the official public release for it to be fixed (hopefully in 1-2 weeks depending on how busy I am). I guess you should go back to playing in r3392 for now...

This isn't really a problem because we've already had a huge amount of multiplayer testing in the RCs and we are satisfied that it is stable enough to release, we just don't have the free time to finish it off and release the damn thing.

Thanks for telling us about this Pawel.
<<

Florek

Pikeman

Post 20 Sep 2012, 14:03

I'm responsible for whole this trolling that happened, bug was discovered yesterday's night.

I feel I made terrible thing right now, with abusing this thing for trolling purposes. :/

Sorry everyone, I couldn't resist anyway. :p
powah gamin! - trusted source of best KaM Remake replays!
Conquest of Paradise - balanced 1v1 map in the spirit of maps like Golden Cliffs or Across the Desert
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 20 Sep 2012, 14:04

Lewin i think i will delete this post?!
I do not understand from where this people get the link of RC3. I should be clear, to noone giving the link?

However pls Lewin do not spend time on this problems/thing, if you have to work for shool/study or sth.
I dont want, that you have bad marks, only because I´m wasting your time.
It is sorry for me, at start i thought that this is really a hacker, so i wanted to attend all members here from this guys.
So i should delete this theme?
I'm responsible for whole this trolling that happened, bug was discovered yesterday's night.

I feel I made terrible thing right now, with abusing this thing for trolling purposes. :/

Sorry everyone, I couldn't resist anyway. :p
LOL Very funny Florek. Very Funny-.-
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 20 Sep 2012, 14:14

Lewin i think i will delete this post?!
No no don't delete the post, it's important for everyone to know about this exploit so they understand how other people know exactly what they're doing.
I do not understand from where this people get the link of RC3. I should be clear, to noone giving the link?
I don't quite understand your question. We let anyone join our beta testing team if they email us, we just don't post it publicly so people don't think it's an official release and so we can make sure everyone gets updates to the RC. We let people send it privately to their friends too. Stopping trolls getting the RC is just not possible if we want to have a lot of people testing it, which we do to ensure that bugs related to specific systems are found. There will always be trolls/idiots/rude people, unfortunately that's the internet.
However pls Lewin do not spend time on this problems/thing, if you have to work for shool/study or sth.
I dont want, that you have bad marks, only because I´m wasting your time.
It is sorry for me, at start i thought that this is really a hacker, so i wanted to attend all members here from this guys.
Thanks, I am quite busy with study at the moment but the exploit itself is very simple to fix (I've already done it). You're not wasting my time at all, I'm very glad you posted this because if people are abusing the exploit it's important that others know. So please don't worry, I'd actually like to thank you for taking the time to make screenshots and post them here for us :)
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 20 Sep 2012, 15:23

For pity's sake, Release Candidates are being spread all over the world. I think it is time to dramatically decrease the number of people who get them... And also the kinds of people who get them. Welcome back Florek. :rolleyes:
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 20 Sep 2012, 15:36

You suggest that Florek shouldn't get the RC versions in the future for making a bad joke, or I misunderstood you? Besides this one, I don't think we've had another case of misbehavior in RCs, no point restricting the access for now.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 20 Sep 2012, 15:40

No, please quote where I suggested that. :)
This 'joke' actually killed this RC though.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 20 Sep 2012, 15:46

And Florek, I understand jokes, not like you said in chat in Game. I only was surprised and have wasted time :D
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 20 Sep 2012, 15:54

TDL: Nowhere I guess, but saying all the stuff while you know that Florek was the reason to make this topic sounded like you suggested that.
Well, there are 2 different approaches of letting the users know about exploits - one says "never tell anyone about the exploit so less people know about it" (on a side note, Microsoft would also say: "and our software looks more secure in stats because no one knows how many security holes Windows exactly has" :P), the other "let the users know, so they are prepared for someone using the exploit against them". Both have obvious pros and cons.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 20 Sep 2012, 15:58

Well, there are 2 different approaches of letting the users know about exploits - one says "never tell anyone about the exploit so less people know about it" (on a side note, Microsoft would also say: "and our software looks more secure in stats because no one knows how many security holes Windows exactly has" :P), the other "let the users know, so they are prepared for someone using the exploit against them". Both have obvious pros and cons.
Or there is the third and far more helpful option:
Tell the people who can fix the exploit (in this case me) in private but don't tell other users so people can continue to play the RC without worrying about cheaters.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 20 Sep 2012, 16:14

Tell the people who can fix the exploit (in this case me) in private but don't tell other users so people can continue to play the RC without worrying about cheaters.
If the first person to find it out would keep their mouth shut and you would be the only person to know it, I'd agree. As far as I know who found out the exploit, these people I can believe, but if the info is spreading so easily then it might reach less trusty people.
<<

Florek

Pikeman

Post 20 Sep 2012, 17:45

It was first idea, I did, but when joke came too far it it became impossible to hide it. :p

You all thinking I did that to break beta RC? No way, It was spontaneus decision to use this just once - troll 1-2 persons during game, look at reactions, take screens, have laugh on TS and forget about thing. I think i just chosen wrong targets for it. :(

It had to look kinda diffrent than now, but happens. Sorry again!
powah gamin! - trusted source of best KaM Remake replays!
Conquest of Paradise - balanced 1v1 map in the spirit of maps like Golden Cliffs or Across the Desert
<<

NaruTo

Serf

Post 21 Sep 2012, 07:06

Nice exploiton KaM. so better if ve play on 3392?Hmm but game in 3967 'll be unfair?
<<

Encaitar

Lance Carrier

Post 21 Sep 2012, 07:22

Nice exploiton KaM. so better if ve play on 3392? Hmm but game in 3967 'll be unfair?
There is nothing unfair about it. If you choose to be a beta tester, you know you play with a version that contains bugs (as you are one of the guys that are supposed to find them :D)! That's why I never play a RC, I just wait when a new release is uploaded.

Besides, you could play RC3 with some friends and just swear never to use the exploit. After all, that exploit is only funny once...

Return to “General / Questions”