Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Savegame/unlock all missions?

<<

gvazdas

Laborer

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 05 Oct 2012, 19:51

Savegame/unlock all missions?

Hey guys, I've recently remembered the first PC game I've ever played. I tried searching for some remakes or bug fixes and I found this. I decided to play it and wanted to replay the campaign. So I did. I didn't finish the first campaign before the update came out, which I installed. I installed it and my savegames we're all unsupported. Is there any way to unlock all the missions so I can play through again?
Oh, and I'm going to try to get into multiplayer if I can, any of you guys want a rookie to play with you? Last time I've played this game when I was 8, that was 8 years ago. I really love it once more and I want to get into multiplayer which I never did when I played it through my childhood.
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 05 Oct 2012, 20:13

Re: Savegame/unlock all missions?

Welcome to the forums :) Press F11, from the menu choose "Enable debug cheats" or something like that, then press 'v' to win the mission. Repeat for as many missions as you want. And as for multiplayer... I advise you to watch some replays and/or "shoutcasts" (you will find both in the Replays forum section, keep in mind though that there's only one replay from r4001 version as of yet... if you prefer youtube videos then watch shoutcasts #11 and #12 as they are both based of the new version) before going into multiplayer - it will be easier if you see first how the best play :) Good luck and see you in the game.
<<

gvazdas

Laborer

Post 06 Oct 2012, 09:38

Welcome to the forums :) Press F11, from the menu choose "Enable debug cheats" or something like that, then press 'v' to win the mission. Repeat for as many missions as you want. And as for multiplayer... I advise you to watch some replays and/or "shoutcasts" (you will find both in the Replays forum section, keep in mind though that there's only one replay from r4001 version as of yet... if you prefer youtube videos then watch shoutcasts #11 and #12 as they are both based of the new version) before going into multiplayer - it will be easier if you see first how the best play :) Good luck and see you in the game.
Thanks a lot for your help! I'll be sure to do what you suggested. Are there any basic guides or short explanations for what people play on multiplayer? I've heard people like playing things like 'economy' or something like that and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on any gamemodes or gamemodes made by players and mess up the fun for everyone else.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 06 Oct 2012, 09:54

Only thing you have to do when you don't want to ruin peoples games:
- Not leaving
- Trying to play as good as you can
- Be kind

Economy is building.
tactic is fighting.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 06 Oct 2012, 10:02

Hi gvazdas,
Revo is right, there are roughly two gametypes: building and fighting.
Yesterday you played Pirate Bond with us; our Pirate Bond games are for fun only and aren't competitive at all, we mostly play it FFA with random locations or 2v2v2v2 with random locations. :P Most fighting maps are supposed to be played with fair teams, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4.
The same applies to building games, where you have 60 minutes to build up your town and prepare for war. Most people play with 60 minutes peace time but it may vary.
<<

gvazdas

Laborer

Post 06 Oct 2012, 10:49

Hi gvazdas,
Yesterday you played Pirate Bond with us; our Pirate Bond games are for fun only and aren't competitive at all, we mostly play it FFA with random locations or 2v2v2v2 with random locations. :P Most fighting maps are supposed to be played with fair teams, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4.
The same applies to building games, where you have 60 minutes to build up your town and prepare for war. Most people play with 60 minutes peace time but it may vary.
Yeah, that was pretty fun. I won't always have so much time to play matches that take 2-3 hours long so I'm not sure if I can always play.
EDIT:
Well, that was downright embarrassing. I played a match of 3v3 and was so terrible. My entire team already had every building in the game while I was still beginning to make food supplies. I suck at the game so bad it seems, and the community doesn't really accept rookies and newbies, do they?
<<

Private.NL

Axe Fighter

Post 06 Oct 2012, 12:08

Hi gvazdas,
Yeah, that was pretty fun. I won't always have so much time to play matches that take 2-3 hours long so I'm not sure if I can always play.
EDIT:
Well, that was downright embarrassing. I played a match of 3v3 and was so terrible. My entire team already had every building in the game while I was still beginning to make food supplies. I suck at the game so bad it seems, and the community doesn't really accept rookies and newbies, do they?
Well................. :/
Always look on the bright side of KaM! :D
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 06 Oct 2012, 12:26

Many people do accept people who "suck" as long as they are improving.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 06 Oct 2012, 13:04

Yes, if you are kind and want to improve, you have nothing to fear about. And really, first few games are going to look like that, multiplayer is a different story than singleplayer, you need to be fast and effective. I am sure you will learn it in time. It'd be a good thing if you played with someone experienced, and asked him to help you.

I wanted to write you some simple tips, but I decided I'd rather do it in another topic, so everyone can find it there: viewtopic.php?p=18168#p18168
<<

gvazdas

Laborer

Post 06 Oct 2012, 13:22

Yes, if you are kind and want to improve, you have nothing to fear about. And really, first few games are going to look like that, multiplayer is a different story than singleplayer, you need to be fast and effective. I am sure you will learn it in time. It'd be a good thing if you played with someone experienced, and asked him to help you.

I wanted to write you some simple tips, but I decided I'd rather do it in another topic, so everyone can find it there: viewtopic.php?p=18168#p18168
I've read through all that, seems really useful. Thanks for the help.

Return to “General / Questions”