KaM Remake nightly build

<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 05 Jul 2014, 10:12

Re: KaM Remake nightly build

IMHO that is much too many micro. Having all to be the same priority would be okay, what do you say?
The reason it was changed was because people complained about serfs randomly bringing stones/timber to houses, suggesting it would be more efficient if timber was delivered before stones. IMO this is a good change in principle, it just has the unintended consequence of making stone delivery to houses lower priority than stone to roads too (when previously they were all the same priority).
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 05 Jul 2014, 11:43

Vote for old random system =)
Why? My idea was to avoid for example, that you build your school and your workers have nothing to do, because stones are delivered before wood. So other players will have finished their school way faster :-> faster recruitment of new labours/serfs

IMPORTANT: This way players in mp had a disadvantage at the school building. This disadvantage wasn't fixable by the player, like you said it's randomly.

I agree that it doesn't work optimal maybe right now, but I don't think that my idea about "wood first" for buildings were bad in any way.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 06 Jul 2014, 05:36

I agree with pawel, the "wood first" change was definitely good. I've made a minor tweak so it's only +5 bid (instead of +10) for stone to construction sites. It's still enough so that for an individual construction site wood will always be higher priority than stone, but it should make stones to construction sites get ignored less often (in favor of stone to roads) so it's more like the old completely random system.
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 06 Jul 2014, 15:09

It needs to be tested :) When will the new nigtly release? :)

Return to “General / Questions”