Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Poll about favorite fighting mechanics in RTS games

Which fighting mechanics you like better?

Classic fighting
No votes
Classic fighting
No votes
Other (write in comments)
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes : 0
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 20 Dec 2013, 07:43

Re: Poll about favorite fighting mechanics in RTS games

Realistic? When you come with realistic, then knights never should die by the stones of the rouge ;-) just comparing militas , not existing, armory and the Knights armory, shows that this isn't possible really also that a milita survives more than 3 hits from the higher sitting knight, except in old movies.
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 20 Dec 2013, 23:42

@pawel95,
I am not going to fight with you, even though that seems to be what you want so badly. :rolleyes: My explanation for your comment was in my previous post that you commented on; I don't think I need to repeat myself.

By the poll so far, it looks like the majority of people don't mind the fact that a militia can kill a knight...or at least they don't mind it enough to the point where they think the game should be changed.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 21 Dec 2013, 13:08

@pawel95,
I am not going to fight with you, even though that seems to be what you want so badly.
LOOL?

@pawel95,the majority of people don't mind the fact that a militia can kill a knight...or at least they don't mind it enough to the point where they think the game should be changed.
LOL LOL LOL ? I also voted for kam fighting. Did I even wrote anywhere to change that :rolleyes: Please try to read my posts next time more carefully. I just wrote that most people only HATE at the special fighting system of KaM; that it can be that random. Why I should wanna "fight with someone" about sth like that, where Krom just wanted to hear players opinion. I just pointed out what is missing to the kam fighting system, that it would be really that fantastic^^ Btw its Christmas Time, no fights needed Hahahaha :mrgreen:
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 21 Dec 2013, 18:14

LOL LOLO LOL?

Anti... forgive me : P

edit @ down: sorry, totally not what I meant, pm sent.
Last edited by sado1 on 21 Dec 2013, 22:11, edited 1 time in total.
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 21 Dec 2013, 19:05

I believe I read your posts just fine, for example:
I agree with dicsoupcan about less randomness, except for that, everything is perfect.

Less randomness (a few tweaks) in those situations would imply less randomness in the entire game. The randomness IS a part of the fighting style. If A = B, and B = C, then C = A.

EDIT:
@dicsoupcan, I completely understood you, but I was arguing that it's kind of fun having random proc because as I mentioned, it's more realistic like, for example, in real life a good American football team can lose to a less good team because of "luck". If you can have luck (that is, make the odds in your favor), then I think it keeps things interesting if the AI does the same. That is, it kind of makes up for the fact that the AI is just AI...it makes it more real as if you're fighting against a good human player because the outcome isn't always predicable.
Last edited by cmowla on 25 Dec 2013, 00:47, edited 5 times in total.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 21 Dec 2013, 19:11

Well with less randomness i actually did not mean to remove it entirely, sure it can happen that a knight can be killed by a militia and the cirtical hit system is a nice bonus in mechanics. but sometimes you lose everything in a fight while the enemy hardly has any losses, it rarely happens that someone loses everything and you also sufferd many losses. it often is either you lose not much or everything.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 21 Dec 2013, 19:57

IMO worst times of the random element is when you see 2 knights fighting for 5 minutes, or 2 militias being killed by one. So it is only noticeable in small numbers. When groups collide - it evens out by counts and "randoms" out by tactics :)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 21 Dec 2013, 20:30

So it is only noticeable in small numbers. When groups collide - it evens out by counts and "randoms" out by tactics :)
Now that's what I'm talking about! :D

@dicsoupcan, I did respond to you in an edit in my previous post, just in case you didn't see it, but we have no misunderstanding (so you don't have to respond to it if you don't want to).
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 21 Dec 2013, 21:43

Haha my bad, as far as i read you nearly describef the total war fighting system. I just replied just in case someone did not interpret my comment right.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

WollongongWolf

Lance Carrier

Post 22 Dec 2013, 12:47

IMO worst times of the random element is when you see 2 knights fighting for 5 minutes, or 2 militias being killed by one. So it is only noticeable in small numbers. When groups collide - it evens out by counts and "randoms" out by tactics :)
I guess people with Murphy's syndrom (people always teased by bad luck) or just out of luck (A).

Yeah I do like the kam fighting system except for that randomness that sometimes (9 out of 10 times for those with Murphy's syndrom), my archers die with 1 hit while the opponents need 5 hits, and last a fight where my swords died with 5 hits and their after 25? if not more (basically not). I even lately send 4 swords to clear up 2 swords (no crits possible btw), a bit later I still saw those 2 swords standing. Those are the times I mainly hope we get the deviation torn down a lot.

Return to “General / Questions”