Townhall and siege weapons

<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 08 Feb 2014, 21:07

Townhall and siege weapons

Hello,
I joined the remake in august 2012 and at that time the siege weapons and townhall already weren´t here anymore.
I asked some people why the were deleted from the game but they said that i had to look at the forum.
Now because they aren´t here for a long time now i couldn´t fine those old messages-topics on this forum so i want to ask here why they are deleted from the game.
I know that the babarians and "Balista" (don't know the englisch name of it) are over powerd but now we have pt in the mp games you could only make them after the end of pt (so for lategames)
I hope someone can explain me short why they are deleted.
(you could also only set them on the remake on sp in my opinion)
Killer!!
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 08 Feb 2014, 21:20

Re: Townhall and siege weapons

Just what you said, they are OP, specialy the townhall in making that strong units like vagabonds or barbs for "nearly nothing" but just a some piece of gold.

I know that the babarians and "Balista" (don't know the englisch name of it) are over powerd but now we have pt in the mp games you could only make them after the end of pt (so for lategames)
That was actualy also an arguemnt from me in one of these discussions. So players would be only able to have like 2-4 balistas at the battlefield right after PT, if you could starting to make one balista/catapult, after the PT ends.
<<

jomancool54

Woodcutter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 08 Feb 2014, 21:27

You can also make like just 100 gold mines and 100 townhalls, and then you can have 100 barbs

that is just the same for the siege weapons. That is like doing almonst nothing for troops, and the reason was that you need to work and build alot of buildings to have troops, not just by giving gold to have troops...
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 08 Feb 2014, 21:28

You can also make like just 100 gold mines and 100 townhalls, and then you can have 100 barbs

that is just the same for the siege weapons. That is like doing almonst nothing for troops, and the reason was that you need to work and build alot of buildings to have troops, not just by giving gold to have troops...
How it can be the same of the sige weapons, when you need like all buildings before, you can build the siege workshop? :P Seriously
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 08 Feb 2014, 21:46

but why did they removed it for sp aswell? or isn't it possible to just delete them for mp and not for sp because there are many players who likes them
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

jomancool54

Woodcutter

Post 08 Feb 2014, 21:52

but why did they removed it for sp aswell? or isn't it possible to just delete them for mp and not for sp because there are many players who likes them
he has some point to that ...
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 09 Feb 2014, 01:33

Krom sounded very optimistic about implementing catapults in a release candidate. Nowadays though it seems he has either forgotten, changed his mind, or just hasn't said much about it. As for the townhall, I think it is safe to assume that it won't be in the Remake for at least a long time.

Why can't it be restricted to single player only? Well if you ask me, that's strangely inconsistent. Plus, if the reason it is not in multiplayer is because of a flawed design, then that design shouldn't be in the game at all.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Weekend

Farmer

Post 09 Feb 2014, 01:54

i hope stuff like catapults or the townhall troops will never be implement in the remake because they just destroy the balance. Look at random games these days. They build so many towers and now imagine how they would play with catapults.... 20 towers and behind that 5 catapults and 30 bowman. it would be impossible to attack
!MODBREAK: Please mind your language, thank you.
Last edited by Weekend on 13 Sep 2021, 14:02, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Modbreak
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 09 Feb 2014, 01:56

Catapults were being considered being added as a "anti building" weapon. That is, it could only attack buildings. The idea was to make them powerful enough to easily counter a spam of 20 towers, but costly enough where a normal amount of towers is still practical.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

WollongongWolf

Lance Carrier

Post 09 Feb 2014, 17:52

*still hopes catapults/ballistas return to remake (not talking about TH and SW, just these units, like barbarians, vagabonds etc.)*

Return to “General / Questions”