Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

how to install the new lands properly

<<

fusion

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 01 Apr 2014, 09:57

how to install the new lands properly

Hi wanted to play the campaign the new lands i downloaded it and readed the readme i did everything correctly but it still didn't work.
Does anyone have any tips on how to do it right thanks in advance.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 01 Apr 2014, 11:36

Re: how to install the new lands properly

If you are trying to play it in the Remake, it won't work the way that's described in the readme file. The New Lands was originally made for TPR, and it won't work well in the Remake anyway. If you really want to play it in the Remake I can explain you what to do, but I advise to play it in TPR.
<<

fusion

Peasant

Post 01 Apr 2014, 13:01

If you are trying to play it in the Remake, it won't work the way that's described in the readme file. The New Lands was originally made for TPR, and it won't work well in the Remake anyway. If you really want to play it in the Remake I can explain you what to do, but I advise to play it in TPR.
i took ur advice and i tried to put it on the TRP.
it worked out just fine for me. The only problem was that my CD of TPR was quite old so the game was realy broken the screen turned black and all of the text was glitch out can't make screenshot because that will turn out black too. so my conclusion is that my old cd was shit so i rebought the game on GOG and now it is working perfectly
thanks for your reply
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 01 Apr 2014, 13:35

That might also have to do with your operating system and might be solved with a patch, but buying the game from GOG.com works too of course. :P Glad I could help, have fun with the campaign. :)
<<

Skypper

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 01 Apr 2014, 15:51

The description said:
"The first six missions of The New Lands, fully Remake-compatible!" (Source Map Database)
Or was that for a older Remake version?

Is it a hard campaign?
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 01 Apr 2014, 15:56

Some time ago, I configured TNL to work in the Remake, so if you're still wanting to try it in the Remake, you can download it with this link: http://dc581.2shared.com/download/M5eBv ... 9-1f5a4541. Just place the extracted folder into the campaigns folder (inside your Remake directory).

Like the Dark Lord says, it won't work as intended, but I still had some fun with it :D
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 01 Apr 2014, 16:06

The description said:
"The first six missions of The New Lands, fully Remake-compatible!" (Source Map Database)

Is it a hard campaign?
We're talking about two different things here. Since fusion was talking about a readme file I assumed he downloaded the campaign from here: http://lewin.hodgman.id.au/kam/index.ph ... &Mission=1
What you found are the missions that I converted to fit the Remake. Those missions are nicer to play (some dynamic scripts) and look better, but I only did a couple of them so far.
I wouldn't consider TNL very hard compared to other fan-made campaigns, but there might be some missions that could give you a challenge.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 01 Apr 2014, 16:08

The description said:

Is it a hard campaign?
No, it´s not for "a older Remake version". You shuld still be able to play it, tdl is working still on a full convert for the Remake, but there are some problems like not esxisting siege equipment and townhall :mrgreen:

At least those 6 missions aren´t hard. So everyone should be able to beat them, at least after 2 few tries :wink:
<<

Bruce_800

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 29 May 2014, 08:00

Unfortunately for me also the first missions are not playable in the remake. In the very first mission I will immediately attacked by so many units that you can not win. Do you have any advice for me?
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 29 May 2014, 09:15

Hi Bruce,

I'm working on a version for the Remake, but the mission you played was meant for TPR. You have two choices: either play it in TPR or wait for me to finish the missions for the Remake, one at a time (meanwhile you could play the first six missions already: http://knightsandmerchants.net/forum/ka ... 0Lands.zip). If you decide to wait for me to finish the Remake version I have to warn you that it might take a year or something. I do not plan on rushing things. :P (And there is this problem with siege weapons, too.)
<<

Bruce_800

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 29 May 2014, 12:42

Thanks! Now it´s working (of course only the first 6 mssions) and it feels like in old times :) Great work, I´m looking forward to your further work concerning The New Lands
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 29 May 2014, 13:24

You're welcome, I'll keep you up to date. :)

Return to “General / Questions”