Multiplayer

<<

cloppyfawk

Laborer

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 26 Apr 2014, 16:43

Multiplayer

Hey guys,

I'm new to KAM. I used to play it a little when I was a little child, I'm currently 17 so that must have been a long time ago. Anyway, I found the disk again but couldn't play the real version due to my laptop running windows 8. I have downloaded this and I'm playing it currently.

My question is how do I play multiplayer? The Obvious answer would be just to click the multiplayer button but once I get to the menu I don't seem to understand what to do, I don't see any available matches and can't create one of my own either. So it seems. Could anyone please guide me through the process of joining a multiplayer match? Í'd love to try that out, no matter how bad I am :P!

Looking forward to hearing from you!
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 26 Apr 2014, 17:12

Re: Multiplayer

First of all, which version of Remake have you downloaded? If newest beta (Winter tournament version), then there're only few servers available for now and few (up to 20 in some hours) players, as it was released for tournament and testing purposes. On last release, r5503, you can find more players (up to 100 I think).

However, if it's going to be your first KaM game after long time, I advise you to look on some replays and/or shoutcasts, as they might guide you through multiplayer (the newer shoutcast you'll watch, the better, 'cause Remake is still in development).

You can join us on TeamSpeak server and ask about gameplay tips.

It is good to learn how to play multiplayer on 1x speed, cause it gives you more time to think and plan your city well during Peace Time. After PT on 1x speed it's easier to manage your troops in battle. After you join a lobby you might find a lot of players, who prefer 2x/2.5x speed, which in my opinion is good only when you know a map and know how to build .

Hope to see you on-line! :)
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

cloppyfawk

Laborer

Post 26 Apr 2014, 17:20

I'm pretty sure that I'm playing on r3392 which is a really old one. I've tried downloading the newest, but it's a zip file and I've placed the files into the KAM folder but it didn't really work out as planned, I guess.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 26 Apr 2014, 17:23

r3392 totally has no servers running for it anymore, it is better to go to http://www.kamremake.com and download the newest version (an exe file not a zip). then you can go and play mp again :)
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

cloppyfawk

Laborer

Post 26 Apr 2014, 17:25

r3392 totally has no servers running for it anymore, it is better to go to http://www.kamremake.com and download the newest version (an exe file not a zip). then you can go and play mp again :)
Thanks. I'll look for it later on tonight! I'll make sure to update this topic if I did it, or with furthur questions. Thanks again!
<<

cloppyfawk

Laborer

Post 26 Apr 2014, 17:55

So I'm back. I've downloaded the newest version, but when I try to install it, it gives me an error telling me that I don't have the Original game on my laptop so I can't download this.. any fixes to it?
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 26 Apr 2014, 18:03

You have to got original KaM: The Peasants Rebellion installed on your PC to play Remake.

If you have original CD you should be able to install it on Windows 8... Look here for solution: http://www.knightsandmerchants.net/supp ... sta-and-7/

Maybe unistall any KaM you've got. Then install KaM: TPR and Remake after that.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

cloppyfawk

Laborer

Post 26 Apr 2014, 18:10

I do have the orgininal CD but when I tried to instal it this afternoon my laptop went all crazy.. like it made weird noices and my dad's like: that ain't going to work, the CD doesn't work on windows 8.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 26 Apr 2014, 18:49

like it made weird noices and my dad's like: that ain't going to work, the CD doesn't work on windows 8.
Well if the reason that it makes "weird noices", is that "the cd doesn´t work on widnows 8". Then you are wrong in such case :P :mrgreen:
Is it possible to install it? Or these "weird noices" come because of a damaged cd?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 26 Apr 2014, 19:00

Actually, TPR works fine on windows 8. The only reason that your game wouldn't work is because of the CD, itself.

It sounds like you need a new copy of the game...it only costs $5 for a virtual copy from GOG.com, and if you buy the game via one of the links on this forum, you support the community and the Remake's development.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 26 Apr 2014, 19:10

It sounds like you need a new copy of the game...it only costs $5 for a virtual copy from GOG.com, and if you buy the game via one of the links on this forum, you support the community and the Remake's development.
Yes and this will improve the gameplay, because the servers of the KaM Community are also running for the Remake :D
<<

Post 26 Apr 2014, 20:17

Well, a message popped up saying that the O.S wasn't supported or something. As far as I know that means that I can't run it on windows 8. My little brother had the same problem some time ago, so he was really happy that I found a way to atleast play the game. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Return to “General / Questions”