Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Need help

<<

fallen_star

Post 03 May 2014, 18:57

Need help

recently I encountered a problem. after some hours of game strange things happen. the screen freezes and becomes black for some seconds and then message appears on taskbar: display driver stopped responding and has recovered.
the game freezes and I can't continue to play
is there any problems with drivers or video hardware compatibility? my hardware is Core i5 3550 + Radeon HD 7770 + 4 GB ram

greets,
fallen_star
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 03 May 2014, 19:40

Re: Need help

I have HD 7770 too and it's working fine. Have you tried to download the lastest driver from amd.com?
<<

fallen_star

Post 05 May 2014, 13:57

yes I installed the latest drivers but this does not help
<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 05 May 2014, 14:27

Well I post here a solution which helped me (once I had similar troubles with HD4870):

Run RegEdit (or any Registry editing tool) and find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE section. Then find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
There should be TdrDelay parameter. If not, create DWORD (or QWORD if you use 64 bit OS) parameter and call it TdrDelay. Set its value to 6 (standard is 2, so 6 should be enough). Reboot your PC.

Another way - if you use overclocked graphics card, try to reduce its frequency (through CatalystControlCenter tool).

Return to “General / Questions”