Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

What happened to this game?

<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 06 Jun 2014, 09:05

Re: What happened to this game?

Or cheat and trade stuff for horses, usually wooden weapons.
Are you ill TDL?
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 06 Jun 2014, 09:23

You should know, that 1 stable/swinefarm needs 1.5 farm. So 3 farms - 2 swinefarms. Also, I set corn delivery at 5 for stables and swinefarms. For Mill at 2 (then one farm can support two mills). To ask your question about amount of farms during the game, I have 5 farms for most of 60 PT games, 2 swine farms and 1 stable. If you want to aim for 40 bows, make swine farms first. With late stable, you'd have around 3-4 horses.

To have 30 swords, you need two working Armor Smitties at 30 minute. Of course, the earlier you make them, the better. Then make Weapon Smithy right away (it takes about 1 minute to make one iron weapon). Or make two at around 40 minute. Of course, then there's iron and coal distribution :). For me, the best setting is: iron at 2 or 3 for both Smitties. Coal at 3 for Iron Smithy (Iron Smitties usually wait for iron ore, so they don't need that much coal imo). For weapon and armor smithy - coal at 2 or 3. Metallurgist's - coal at 4 works good for me.

Using Market is not cheating, it's playing as game's name indicates: Knights and Merchants :).

I recommend you to watch this video. It helped me to build more efficently, so maybe it would help you as well ;).

aaw glad my tutorial could help you, anyway there is one slight mistake you made there. the stables work faster then a swinefarm, you need 2 farms to get one stable running :)
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Bludmaster

Bowman

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 08 Jun 2014, 09:28

surely it depends on the map too?

but either way 40 bows 25 swords and some knights is pretty sick, that build must be tight! i find it so hard to mix knights cause stables seem to take so much of my corn that my entire town is starving at 65 min. when do you build that stable and how many farms are you running on?

Hello the biggest problem with stables as you already said is fact that it does not produce food and you are risking starvation. You can build stables in any part of game depends what you expect from it. For example i want 10 horses so i need to build it around 40 min in game and have it running all the time etc. You just need to test all these "timings". About farms we most of the time run on 8-10 farms.

Return to “General / Questions”