Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Cursed Ravine

<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 06 Sep 2014, 18:45

Re: Cursed Ravine

well there is not exactly a topic for it, but you can always take a look in the map repository or go watch a few map showcases on the remake yt channel :)
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

SimCity

Lance Carrier

Post 07 Sep 2014, 12:48

As Pawel says, downloading Teamspeak is usually the best way to contact most of the "pro" KaM players (with perhaps the exception of the Russians? They don't seem to like Teamspeak much). I'm sad to say that most players on Teamspeak these days are not so good though :P

Meet us at kamts.eu once you downlaod it ;)
The locations on Cursed Ravine are not comparable...
Meh, there are differences, but a good player is able to make amends. I can't say for sure, but I think all locations on CR are of nearly the same potential. I would agree; though, that location 1 is the hardest. On the other side, locations 7, 8, and 4 seem to be the easiest...
Hi,

All right, I will download it, thanks for suggestion.
<<

SimCity

Lance Carrier

Post 07 Sep 2014, 12:56

after seeing the replay i am glad i did not play. it turned out exactly as i thought except you having slightly better pt army...
Hi,

My game was very bad there. I forgot about iron, did wrong units, did not place some woodcutters on east faster.
Also, I did metallurgists too late. Anyway, I tried x1.5 speed as a training and my results were much better. I need to do weapons asap and swords instead of crossbowmen. Also, I did not have enough coals.
Maybe, I am one or two classes behind the Dark Lord now, but one day my skills will be the same, and when I add my own approach (progressive building) would be even better.
I am still learning, but I can see progress. It is only the matter of time when I will be very good.

Anyway, I do not understand your attitude: your every single post seems offensive for me, or maybe I understand you wrong?

Cheers.
<<

SimCity

Lance Carrier

Post 07 Sep 2014, 13:02

Dear Dark Lord,

I probably know, what i did wrong:
-barrack location was separated from the city, it should be placed on horse-makers building
-I did not have iron weapon on time, so they should be placed on my barrack instead; I did crossbowmen, are they helpful?
-I should be able to build goldsmith a little bit faster
-my city was overexposed, as I did not have towers on time
- i forgot about axes, and produced horses very late
These should slightly improve my performance.

-the rule should be: start doing weapons ASAP, as I checked another game after that and my weapons production was better.
- Yes, your barracks placement was not very good. Try to have it as close as possible to your weapon facilities (if you look at my build you can see I had it next to my iron weapon production and leather armor/wooden shield production. Having your weapon workshop (for the production of wooden weapons) close to your barracks is, however, not always beneficial since serfs have to take two timber to the workshop (long distance) and then one weapon to the barracks (short distance). That takes more time than when you build your weapon workshops close to your sawmills (2 timber from sawmill to weapon workshop = short distance, 1 weapon from workshop to barracks = long distance).
- Yes, you should be way quicker with your iron. You made your first iron weapon at 1:20, at which point I had 40 swords. You went for mass leather, but those leather harnesses were useless since you didn't have enough wooden weapons to use them (a disadvantage of building so much: it takes timber that could have been used for weapons).
- Crossbowmen are not useful in the army you made. You had lance carriers and bowmen. Lance carriers are weak and will die like flies. You needed some strong melee units like sword fighters.
- Production of horses is not very necessary on a campy map like Cursed Ravine. There is not much space for flanking anyway.
- Something else I noticed is that you still do what many 'randoms' tend to do: first make 10 farms, then build the rest. It's completely useless to produce so much corn that you can't use. Of course you had one pig farm but you could have been a lot faster with the other pig farms, taking into consideration the amount of farms you had.
- Your first farms were also quite late. Try to make them as soon as you have a sawmill.
- The way your ally scouted, with the builder, was very cheap. I'm not sure if you use such strategies as well but here we call it 'illegal scouting'. ;)
- You and your ally were way too passive after peace time. If you would have attacked together you could have won the game, but you chose to stay in your town and suffer from unnecessary pressure from me. You saw my army was smaller, you knew it was 2v3... why not attack? If you think you can outproduce a team with more people then that's a big mistake.
PS. Can I receive some of your games in row files? I mean these 3 types. Thank you again.
I included the replay of our game in this post. I could search for some of my games, but I don't think it will be very useful if you want to learn how to build a better town. Instead, I would suggest you play a game with Bludmaster and try to learn from him. I'm not a very good builder.
Hi Dark Lord,

Thanks for your suggestions. A lot of them are very useful and I keep them in my mind.
I placed metallurgists too late, just because the woodcutter on the east. But now I could do that before 20 min. Basically I need to prepare better army, but then with progressive building (which I did not use) would have excellent results.

Cheers!
<<

Bludmaster

Bowman

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 07 Sep 2014, 15:47

Hey simcity :) so when we will play our game? And i think you would like to play Cursed ravine 1,5 speed 60 pt?
<<

SimCity

Lance Carrier

Post 10 Sep 2014, 18:03

Hi Bloodmaster,

We can try very soon. I checked other order and now it is much better. I also do swords!
Is there any chance to play firstly maybe with your friends? Like 4vs4 match?

I look forward to your reply.
Cheers!

SM
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 10 Sep 2014, 18:20

Hey! Blud and I were trying to play a game with you today but you kept joining full lobbies! We are very interested in playing you 2v2 :D
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

SimCity

Lance Carrier

Post 10 Sep 2014, 18:31

Dear Ben,

I know the essential of the game now! Before I placed buildings too mechanically: like "let's do 3 stone-man". It is wrong. The first should be finished, then another one.
It is also possible to build metallurgist's very fast on loc1.

But it is the result of x2.5 superspeed. We need to avoid that.

Well, please find me any good player, no random, please! We will try. Cool!
Thank you very much!

Cheers!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 10 Sep 2014, 18:34

I will have a lobby up for next 20 minutes. The password is "hi"
<<

SimCity

Lance Carrier

Post 10 Sep 2014, 18:39

OMG. .. I am so sorry, but I cannot join you now. I need to go back home from my job...

See you soon!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 10 Sep 2014, 18:40

I can play tomorrow around 7:30 CET Please be on the forum then if you can play. I will be in the minichat for contact purposes (the minichat can be found at the bottom of the forum's main page. Try to find someone to play with you so you can 2v2 Bludmaster and I. Dicsoupcan may want to play, too, so we could either 4v4 or 3v4.
<<

SimCity

Lance Carrier

Post 12 Sep 2014, 14:47

I can play tomorrow around 7:30 CET Please be on the forum then if you can play. I will be in the minichat for contact purposes (the minichat can be found at the bottom of the forum's main page. Try to find someone to play with you so you can 2v2 Bludmaster and I. Dicsoupcan may want to play, too, so we could either 4v4 or 3v4.
Hi Ben,

Sorry, I did not have a chance to attend that time.
I will be available around 21 CET today. If you can play: please contact with me the same way you suggested.
Now I can see, why some players are better than others: proper order of buildings is the key.

See you,
Cheers!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Sep 2014, 16:44

I won't be available today for a game. I won't be available much at all next week either. After that I have lots of time though.....

Maybe someday we will play a game, but I can't give you guaranteed times for a while, as I am still working two jobs and full time university :?
<<

Bludmaster

Bowman

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 12 Sep 2014, 17:58

I will be there no problem :)
<<

SimCity

Lance Carrier

Post 12 Sep 2014, 19:53