Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Cursed Ravine

<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 29 Aug 2014, 20:05

Re: Cursed Ravine

I planned to stream the game, but I´m not sure.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 29 Aug 2014, 20:07

i can easily predict that result because in pub games many players tend to stay in their bases, so the first attack won't come in quite a while.....

Yes, you can predict everything, do not you? I asked you for fighting map: but it seems you are scared.
it is kind of weird to make a base on a fighting map though...
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

SimCity

Lance Carrier

Post 29 Aug 2014, 20:27

i can easily predict that result because in pub games many players tend to stay in their bases, so the first attack won't come in quite a while.....

Yes, you can predict everything, do not you? I asked you for fighting map: but it seems you are scared.
it is kind of weird to make a base on a fighting map though...
Hi, I am online.
My nick is SimCity there. Let's play fighting map firstly.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 29 Aug 2014, 22:33

So SimCity I hope you enjoyed our game. :D Obviously it was not a fair game, 2v3, but still I got to see your skills. Yes, I was playing undercover as Dkaiejn, the black player. (6)
I'm disappointed that I couldn't beat the two of you on my own... but okay. You are better than most 'randoms' I have encountered, but you still have a lot to learn and I don't think it will be necessary to play 1v1. I've played at x2.5 speed enough for the rest of the year. :)
<<

SimCity

Lance Carrier

Post 30 Aug 2014, 00:03

Thanks for game!
Well, I saw your setup and it is very similar to one of the best on loc 4. But i did not save the game, as I played twice this time and forgot about it.
The speed was too fast, I am sure about that and now I understand why you do not like it.
My economy and weapon production were very similar to you. Sorry, but the loc2 mate was very bad.
You got attacking position and it was 2vs3: so the game was hopeless. Of course, would be nice for me to hear some of your comment: what was bad in my setup?
What did I wrong?

Loc 4 has faster gold than 1 a little bit.

I was not able to play my strategy at all, as was defending. Let's play 1.5/1.5, if you wish.
You got very good bowmen movement. I did not built towers on time, because my mate did not prepare road on time: so you were able to kill my serfs.
Thanks,
I will be online in two weeks, I guess.
Thanks again.
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 30 Aug 2014, 07:04

I just wanted to say, that I'm glad (after reading two last posts), that all this talk about skills ended up really friendly. It shows your maturity (both of TDL and SimCity).

Keep up good game! :)
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 30 Aug 2014, 07:39

Thanks for game!
You're welcome. I'm glad you're not upset because I sneaked up on you without you knowing it. ;)
Well, I saw your setup and it is very similar to one of the best on loc 4.
I'm not so sure, this was probably the first time I played this location and with x2.5 speed it is impossible to plan your town properly. I was totally unprepared for this game. I wasted quite some space.
But i did not save the game, as I played twice this time and forgot about it.
I could upload the replay if you want.
My economy and weapon production were very similar to you. Sorry, but the loc2 mate was very bad. You got attacking position and it was 2vs3: so the game was hopeless.
Well did you see my allies? 95 minutes of peace time and one of them didn't even have a barracks. ;) In fact, none of them had/did do anything until it was really necessary.
Of course, would be nice for me to hear some of your comment: what was bad in my setup?
What did I wrong?
I will answer this question later, since it requires me to watch the replay carefully and I don't have time for that right now. Expect an answer on monday or tuesday. :)

Please also keep in mind that I'm not the best player around here, yet I was able to hold my own and even have the upper hand against you and your ally (since my allies weren't doing anything) for a significant amount of time. A better player like Bludmaster or Romek might have killed you both on their own. :P
<<

SimCity

Lance Carrier

Post 30 Aug 2014, 11:42

Thanks for game!
You're welcome. I'm glad you're not upset because I sneaked up on you without you knowing it. ;)
Well, I saw your setup and it is very similar to one of the best on loc 4.
I'm not so sure, this was probably the first time I played this location and with x2.5 speed it is impossible to plan your town properly. I was totally unprepared for this game. I wasted quite some space.
But i did not save the game, as I played twice this time and forgot about it.
I could upload the replay if you want.
My economy and weapon production were very similar to you. Sorry, but the loc2 mate was very bad. You got attacking position and it was 2vs3: so the game was hopeless.
Well did you see my allies? 95 minutes of peace time and one of them didn't even have a barracks. ;) In fact, none of them had/did do anything until it was really necessary.
Of course, would be nice for me to hear some of your comment: what was bad in my setup?
What did I wrong?
I will answer this question later, since it requires me to watch the replay carefully and I don't have time for that right now. Expect an answer on monday or tuesday. :)

Please also keep in mind that I'm not the best player around here, yet I was able to hold my own and even have the upper hand against you and your ally (since my allies weren't doing anything) for a significant amount of time. A better player like Bludmaster or Romek might have killed you both on their own. :P
Dear Dark Lord,

I probably know, what i did wrong:
-barrack location was separated from the city, it should be placed on horse-makers building
-I did not have iron weapon on time, so they should be placed on my barrack instead; I did crossbowmen, are they helpful?
-I should be able to build goldsmith a little bit faster
-my city was overexposed, as I did not have towers on time
- i forgot about axes, and produced horses very late
These should slightly improve my performance.

-the rule should be: start doing weapons ASAP, as I checked another game after that and my weapons production was better.

Would be excellent for me to receive the game files and your comment. I wait patiently.
According to the game: some of my forces were located in other area, so...

Yes, I need to change the setup. I need to fix my disadvantages.
Anyway, I will check that. And if I would know how to build on CR, will start other maps.

Thank you again,
Cheers!

PS. Can I receive some of your games in row files? I mean these 3 types. Thank you again.
<<

Bludmaster

Bowman

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 30 Aug 2014, 18:11

Sorry i wasnt here yesterday for a game. But from now on i can play almost every day around 8 when can you?
<<

SimCity

Lance Carrier

Post 30 Aug 2014, 22:37

Sorry i wasnt here yesterday for a game. But from now on i can play almost every day around 8 when can you?
Hi Bludmaster.
I would be available on Friday 6th or 13th around 8 (what is your timezone, please?).
So if you could be there: perfect! But maybe we can try 4vs4 with some of your friends? Please notice I am still learning, but believe in beliefs, like progressively development.

Quick notice: location on CR are not comparable! Loc 1, which I got against Dark lord, requires more than twice road than loc 4. Is it fair? NO!
I would like to have location 8 : double stone and faster than loc 1 gold anyway.

I still do not know how to prepare opening for loc number one on Cursed Ravine, guys. The advantage would be amount of wood.
I know loc 8.

I would like to see the database: when you play chess you have this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_opening

Databases and libraries are similar for others factors, like HTML (Bootstrap) javascript (AngularJS) and so on.
Is there any chance to implement and improve Kam community by database?
Consciousness and knowledge is the key: I need to know how to play properly on loc 1. Or this is crapp.

PS. I will tell you somethin' more. Always, no one is interested in location one. 8, 4 and 5 are busy, not 1. It is probably the worst outer field.
If you have some concepts about development there: would be perfect.

Cheers!
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 30 Aug 2014, 22:50

As far as I know his Timezone is CET / UTC +2 (Middleeuropean Summertime ). Btw, if you want to easily meet with players you can also join the Teamspeak server from this Forum: KamTS.eu :mrgreen:
SO you haven´t to write a new post, if you want to meet with a guy from the forum, to play a game.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 31 Aug 2014, 02:29

As Pawel says, downloading Teamspeak is usually the best way to contact most of the "pro" KaM players (with perhaps the exception of the Russians? They don't seem to like Teamspeak much). I'm sad to say that most players on Teamspeak these days are not so good though :P

Meet us at kamts.eu once you downlaod it ;)
The locations on Cursed Ravine are not comparable...
Meh, there are differences, but a good player is able to make amends. I can't say for sure, but I think all locations on CR are of nearly the same potential. I would agree; though, that location 1 is the hardest. On the other side, locations 7, 8, and 4 seem to be the easiest...
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 02 Sep 2014, 11:17

Dear Dark Lord,

I probably know, what i did wrong:
-barrack location was separated from the city, it should be placed on horse-makers building
-I did not have iron weapon on time, so they should be placed on my barrack instead; I did crossbowmen, are they helpful?
-I should be able to build goldsmith a little bit faster
-my city was overexposed, as I did not have towers on time
- i forgot about axes, and produced horses very late
These should slightly improve my performance.

-the rule should be: start doing weapons ASAP, as I checked another game after that and my weapons production was better.
- Yes, your barracks placement was not very good. Try to have it as close as possible to your weapon facilities (if you look at my build you can see I had it next to my iron weapon production and leather armor/wooden shield production. Having your weapon workshop (for the production of wooden weapons) close to your barracks is, however, not always beneficial since serfs have to take two timber to the workshop (long distance) and then one weapon to the barracks (short distance). That takes more time than when you build your weapon workshops close to your sawmills (2 timber from sawmill to weapon workshop = short distance, 1 weapon from workshop to barracks = long distance).
- Yes, you should be way quicker with your iron. You made your first iron weapon at 1:20, at which point I had 40 swords. You went for mass leather, but those leather harnesses were useless since you didn't have enough wooden weapons to use them (a disadvantage of building so much: it takes timber that could have been used for weapons).
- Crossbowmen are not useful in the army you made. You had lance carriers and bowmen. Lance carriers are weak and will die like flies. You needed some strong melee units like sword fighters.
- Production of horses is not very necessary on a campy map like Cursed Ravine. There is not much space for flanking anyway.
- Something else I noticed is that you still do what many 'randoms' tend to do: first make 10 farms, then build the rest. It's completely useless to produce so much corn that you can't use. Of course you had one pig farm but you could have been a lot faster with the other pig farms, taking into consideration the amount of farms you had.
- Your first farms were also quite late. Try to make them as soon as you have a sawmill.
- The way your ally scouted, with the builder, was very cheap. I'm not sure if you use such strategies as well but here we call it 'illegal scouting'. ;)
- You and your ally were way too passive after peace time. If you would have attacked together you could have won the game, but you chose to stay in your town and suffer from unnecessary pressure from me. You saw my army was smaller, you knew it was 2v3... why not attack? If you think you can outproduce a team with more people then that's a big mistake.
PS. Can I receive some of your games in row files? I mean these 3 types. Thank you again.
I included the replay of our game in this post. I could search for some of my games, but I don't think it will be very useful if you want to learn how to build a better town. Instead, I would suggest you play a game with Bludmaster and try to learn from him. I'm not a very good builder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 02 Sep 2014, 12:55

after seeing the replay i am glad i did not play. it turned out exactly as i thought except you having slightly better pt army...
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

simpelekees

Woodcutter

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 06 Sep 2014, 16:04

what exactly is so interesting about this map? It has a stale progress, i prefer more open maps that will make the game a lot more diverse in terms of tactics: less towers, more importance of scouting and small group attacks. I really wished this game would have fog of war...moreover, is there a topic where other maps are being mentioned for their great quality? For 2x2x 60/70PT games?

Return to “General / Questions”