Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Release candidate 2

<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 22 Aug 2014, 06:01

Re: Release candidate 2

Then why is it a bug? !SET_TACTIC is used to block the build menu for human players, nothing else. If you, as creator of the mission, choose to give the AI a storehouse and enable autobuild it's your own 'mistake'.
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 22 Aug 2014, 06:05

Hey Lewin,

I just beat Invasion in r6547 (fairly easily compared to it in r5503), but the replay is broken (and I did not reload saves). (I did not intend for this to become an official "test" of this release...I just was playing Invasion to relax.)
Invasion.zip
I apologize for even mentioning the replay bug (it probably gives you a headache just thinking about it), but I just thought you should know that reloading saves doesn't seem to be the only cause for a replay to break in r6547.

A few things to mention:
[1] When I saved the game, I overrode the same .sav file each time (I only saved the game 3 times).
[2] At one point in the game, the game froze for a second or two. It's possible that this broke the replay because the replay breaks around that time, if I recall correctly. Although it may not be so, I paused the game for about 20 seconds (I never pause this game when I play it, but I was interrupted), and it could be that after I resumed the game from the pause was when the freeze occurred.

(Skypper, it looks like it's 9606 troops, not 9605. If you still want me to help write a storyline, pm or email me.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 22 Aug 2014, 09:29

Seems like Desert Conquest in the current version (the one in RC2) has a small problem, both in RC and RC2. If you set random locations then the game crashes with "out of range". Works perfectly well if the locs are chosen. While I already should have a fix for this problem (thanks to Paweł's help, although I didn't have time to check it out yet), the fact that the static script was done fully in the builtin Remake editor makes me wonder if everything is alright with the editor. It is related to player 3, which before I set as AI (if you know Conquest you know that extra AI is needed for neutral buildings), but later on I dumped that player since I didn't need neutral buildings anymore. If you need to see what Paweł fixed manually for me in the mission editor, then the fixed file is on TS in my map archive; although I guess it will not be needed since you will spot the mistake easily I guess.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 22 Aug 2014, 15:51

I have fixed quite some lines in there. As far as I remember correctly the Missions Editor from Lewin has shown me the Error that there is no Set Human Player in total, as far as I know there have to be one, nvm xd I hope the fix works well now.

About the Range problem, yes there is sth strange. After we got this errror (like sado already said) we got the range error AND we couldn´t join the multiplayer again. It said, that we can´t open more than one Multiplayer mode in the Remake :P Closing the Remake and restarting it solved the solution with joining MP Mode :mrgreen:
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 24 Aug 2014, 21:19

The AI Does the loop again when is trying to reach unreach able iron ore
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 27 Aug 2014, 07:38

Overflowing text is my fault, I have already fixed it, but not posted it to lewin yet. I think the overflowing text is translators problem, not developers.
It is the translator's responsibility, however it can still be useful to report these problems to us so we can alert our translators, and possibly allow extra space in some places. We always try to leave more space than English requires since some languages use longer words than English (yes, I'm looking at you, German :P). Thanks for the Czech translation fixes.
Then why is it a bug? !SET_TACTIC is used to block the build menu for human players, nothing else. If you, as creator of the mission, choose to give the AI a storehouse and enable autobuild it's your own 'mistake'.
That's correct, sometimes you might want an AI to build when the human player cannot. So the AI player will build if "auto build" is enabled.
Hey Lewin,

I just beat Invasion in r6547 (fairly easily compared to it in r5503), but the replay is broken (and I did not reload saves). (I did not intend for this to become an official "test" of this release...I just was playing Invasion to relax.)
I apologize for even mentioning the replay bug (it probably gives you a headache just thinking about it), but I just thought you should know that reloading saves doesn't seem to be the only cause for a replay to break in r6547.
Thanks for all the information. It might indeed be related to pausing the game. If you have any further information please post it :)
Seems like Desert Conquest in the current version (the one in RC2) has a small problem, both in RC and RC2. If you set random locations then the game crashes with "out of range". Works perfectly well if the locs are chosen. While I already should have a fix for this problem (thanks to Paweł's help, although I didn't have time to check it out yet), the fact that the static script was done fully in the builtin Remake editor makes me wonder if everything is alright with the editor. It is related to player 3, which before I set as AI (if you know Conquest you know that extra AI is needed for neutral buildings), but later on I dumped that player since I didn't need neutral buildings anymore. If you need to see what Paweł fixed manually for me in the mission editor, then the fixed file is on TS in my map archive; although I guess it will not be needed since you will spot the mistake easily I guess.
As pawel noticed, the .dat script contained something invalid. The bug here is that our Map Editor saved that invalid thing when you removed player 3. I have fixed that bug in the map editor, and I have also fixed the script for desert conquest so the error doesn't occur again. Thanks for reporting :)
The AI Does the loop again when is trying to reach unreach able iron ore
Thank you for reporting that bug, I fixed it :)
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 28 Aug 2014, 20:25

other bug with AI when the location can be played by player and AI the AI auto building repair will not be enabled even if set in the editor in AI settings tab
Also shouldn't AI does storm attack when getting led by a single archer when AI auto defense is on?
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

Post 18 Sep 2014, 00:40

Kinda Bug: boolean return - Actions.PlanConnectRoad - i think it should give false if none road was add. in this case Action always give true.
  Code:
if Actions.PlanConnectRoad(PLAYER, 103, 142, 116, 145, true) then test(1) else test(2);
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 18 Sep 2014, 01:40

@Lewin/Krom

Have you been getting my bug reports? Its not like I expect you to send me a response email, but I just feel like they are not getting through. RC1 + 2 have this strange bug where the game sometimes freezes for the host when you return to lobby. Then the new host selects "pause" and he crashes.... it's quite annoying :P Anyway, my laptop freezes like crap when it happens and the bug report stops responding. I always end up killing it with task manager.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 18 Sep 2014, 07:33

So even with all the extra memory you have been bragging about lately, your laptop can't still deal with it? :D
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 19 Sep 2014, 12:45

Kinda Bug: boolean return - Actions.PlanConnectRoad - i think it should give false if none road was add. in this case Action always give true.
  Code:
if Actions.PlanConnectRoad(PLAYER, 103, 142, 116, 145, true) then test(1) else test(2);
It returns true because it is already connected. That was our intention for this command, it will use existing road networks. We'll probably add a way to test if two tiles are connected by road, I guess that solves your problem?
@Lewin/Krom

Have you been getting my bug reports? Its not like I expect you to send me a response email, but I just feel like they are not getting through. RC1 + 2 have this strange bug where the game sometimes freezes for the host when you return to lobby. Then the new host selects "pause" and he crashes.... it's quite annoying :P Anyway, my laptop freezes like crap when it happens and the bug report stops responding. I always end up killing it with task manager.
If you include your email address in the bug report we usually reply when the bug is fixed. If you kill it with the task manager before the bug report has sent then we don't receive it. What do you mean by freezing? When it crashes it should display a bug report dialog, not freeze.

About the bug: There is one bug like that in RC2 that I fixed, but it only happens when you have >2 spectators (3 or more). If you've had that bug happen with less than 3 spectators, please let me know.
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 25 Sep 2014, 19:15

Not sure where to put this but is this bug already reported?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 26 Sep 2014, 02:52

Do you mean the fog on the trees? That's just how it works now, occasionally it looks a little strange like this...
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 26 Sep 2014, 06:26

Why does it have to work like this now? I think that is a bug/flaw.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 26 Sep 2014, 11:50

Can i ask how many months (time) to next rc 3?

Return to “General / Questions”