Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Cursed Ravine Replays

<<

vincentus

Peasant

Post 02 Nov 2014, 16:32

Cursed Ravine Replays

I am interested in how people play this map on different locations. So please share your replay if you think you have a good building plan for certain locs, also say how much army you +- produce in 90 PT
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 02 Nov 2014, 16:58

Re: Cursed Ravine Replays

well i once made 175 bowmen in 75 pt so i guess if i kepe doing that i will have like 250~275 or more in 90 pt. it was a torllgame. but basically you could get around 200 quality soldiers.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 09 Nov 2014, 01:43

Well for you it is impossible ;)

Don't underestimate how good some players are at this game. You've probably not scratched the surface of veteran players... for example, I've seen 10 knights, 45 bowmen and 20 swordfighters in 60 minutes before (the map is slightly easier than Cursed Ravine though) and that isn't even perfect.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Benny

Post 09 Nov 2014, 01:58

Oh,

accidentally I found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0MbbVo ... oPGfqUzbfU

Here "veteran player" discoupan did not produce even 170 in 80 mins :(

I would be interested in replay, have any please :D :D?
<<

Benny

Post 09 Nov 2014, 01:59

Ah, hes called discoupcan
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 09 Nov 2014, 08:53

In this video he could have 148 bows at 75 PT. 5 minutes later, at the end of PT it's 181 bows with 153 recruits. So as for fun, troll game, it is pretty good I think.
accidentally I found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0MbbVo ... oPGfqUzbfU
This game was probably not played on r5503, which could matter, since many things are changing in gameplay with newer releases. Also, your army production is different, when you're aiming for different PT's.

And he's called D I C S O U P C A N.

EDIT: Here are some replays from me, it was the first time I played this loc (loc 6), it was 90 PT, 2.5x/2x.
I had 133 leather overall, 44 Axe Fighters, 65 Bowmen, 64 Pikemen and 23 Militia. I failed with recruits though, only 100, but after few minutes I was able to train most of available troops.
Cursed Ravine Tiank.7z
I also played it on 1.5x speed, to see how much better I can get, also on 90 PT. I got 128 leather overall (could have more if I had more Armory Workshops...), 59 Axe Fighters, 68 Bowmen, 66 Pikemen and this time, 150 recruits.
Cursed Ravine Tiank 1.5.7z
So, what dicsoupcan wrote about having 200 quality troops is true. It is possible. I think it's even possible to have 100 pikemen and for example 100 bows :D.

And me I'm not veteran, I only play Remake for a year now :).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 09 Nov 2014, 15:02

Tiank, i could not have put it better then you did here. before you make a mockery of someone sir i recommend to watch more vids of someone's youtube channel first. the video is quite old and on 2,5x speed it is just not possible to build at maximum efficiency. i think i can redo that army with better results on 1x speed. as for the video you found, tiank is right. that video was before the shieldpatch happened (r3***) which was a time the rush was just invented in the beta going on at that time. so naturally the formula was not perfected back in those days which means over time the players from back then improved a lot.

Also large armies are useless on cursed ravine because the player who stays in base always has a massive advantage. oftentimes you just win because they lack a lot of fighting skills, even to the point it feels like you fight the ai. i just cannot take the map seriously anymore and started to make trollarmies, which reminds me i should do a troll scout rush again.

also tiank, weapons are more important then gold, gold goes faster so you can always catch up with recruits :3
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

DISCOUPCAN FAN

Post 09 Nov 2014, 22:31

See, you created 75 leathers, 103 wooden units and only 45 recruits in 75 mins in 1.5 speed preview (42 axes, 41 bowman and {41 wooden shields=20 bowman}). To amount of 175 bowmen you are still missing 72 wooden units and 130 recruits.
Simply, your file does not prove you can do 175 bowmen in 75 mins.
<<

DISCOUPCAN FAN

Post 09 Nov 2014, 22:35

Ah, 41 wooden shields=20 longbows, not bowman, sorry for that.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 09 Nov 2014, 23:33

Simcity, I thought you knew better by now: there are very good players in the Remake above random level ;)
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 10 Nov 2014, 14:16

Ok, mr "Discoupcan Fan", in my replays I wanted to answer vincentus' question, about how big army a player can produce on some loc during 90 PT.

But since you are so eager about 175 Bowmen on 75 PT, I can try making it, just to see if it's possible :). Keep in mind, that I was aiming for the end of 90 PT, which means I was taking care of whole economy, to last until that time, also, I was doing iron units, which also takes time. "Only 45 recruits". Well, There's no point in making recrutis earlier than at point of 18 minutes before PT ends, cause they will get hungry and go to Inn, which is a waste of food for citiziens. If I were aiming for the end of 75 PT, I would make it all differently (earlier weapons' production for sure). Well, we'll see :).
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

SimCity

Lance Carrier

Post 10 Nov 2014, 23:34

Simcity, I thought you knew better by now: there are very good players in the Remake above random level ;)
Discoupan fan is my brother. He is younger and smarter than me and does not have account on this forum, he asked my to download the game, as it is not possible to do that without the account.
I play very occasionally actually, I like learning PHP instead of playing KAM.

I would be fascinated to see you doing 175 bowman (weapons+recruits) up to 75 mins. Good luck, comrade!
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 11 Nov 2014, 00:25

Discoupan fan is my brother.
Oldest lie of the Internet...
<<

SimCity

Lance Carrier

Post 12 Nov 2014, 12:19

I think this game is a lie. And your statement is not true too, Sado.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Nov 2014, 17:19

"Simcity's brother is a lie" "KaM is a lie" blah blah blah. All I know and care about is that the cake is a lie.

Return to “General / Questions”