Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Compiling KMR & other questions

<<

tikiKiki

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 18 Dec 2014, 06:56

Compiling KMR & other questions

I recently downloaded the KaM Remake source code from castlesand.googlecode.com. I intend to play around with the code and test things like serf efficiency and look into the code to see what is actually happening in the background during fights. I have a few years of programming experience but all of the languages I know are parsd, not compiled, so I have no experience with compiling. I have a few questions:

1) Is there a guide / can someone explain how to compile KMR source into something playable?
2) Do the developers of KMR accept help from outsiders such as myself?
3) I noticed in trunk/Todo there are several txt files of known bugs and proposals. Is there a place on the forum to discuss these points?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 18 Dec 2014, 10:02

Re: Compiling KMR & other questions

Welcome to the forum :)
1) Is there a guide / can someone explain how to compile KMR source into something playable?
https://code.google.com/p/castlesand/wi ... ompilation
2) Do the developers of KMR accept help from outsiders such as myself?
Yes, but we need to agree with the changes you are going to make first, and we need to review your code to make sure the quality is good enough.
3) I noticed in trunk/Todo there are several txt files of known bugs and proposals. Is there a place on the forum to discuss these points?
You could create a new topic, or used the main "Ideas" or "Bugs" topics in those sections.
<<

tikiKiki

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 18 Dec 2014, 13:22

Re: Compiling KMR & other questions

Thanks! Can't believe I missed that compilation guide on the wiki lol

Return to “General / Questions”