KaM Remake with WINE (Linux)

<<

Soldado con espada

Lance Carrier

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 10 Apr 2015, 21:07

KaM Remake with WINE (Linux)

Hi all!

With the older ~2012/2013 v4...something version I used to play KaM Remake in my Ubuntu using WINE.
I used to play in Full Screen without problems. However, since I've reinstalled the remake with the latest version (I did not play for a couple of years, so I just installed the new version over the old), the full screen mode works quite badly...

Does anyone else play the game with WINE? Is it alright for you?

I know everyone plays the game with wine :wink:

Thanks!
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 11 Apr 2015, 07:18

Re: KaM Remake with WINE (Linux)

Isn't it possible to compile the game for linux?
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 11 Apr 2015, 10:05

We had Linux branch and compatibility, but abandoned it a few years ago iirc. From numerous reports, Wine works just fine.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 11 Apr 2015, 10:33

SAdo should be able to help you with all your questions about this subject, he's the best *cough only *cough* kam remake wine user.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Soldado con espada

Lance Carrier

Post 11 Apr 2015, 13:01

We had Linux branch and compatibility, but abandoned it a few years ago iirc. From numerous reports, Wine works just fine.
The reports come from the latest version? It might be that I haven't got the latest drivers/libraries (I haven't changed my Ubuntu version since 2012).
SAdo should be able to help you with all your questions about this subject, he's the best *cough only *cough* kam remake wine user.
:lol: I see.

I will wait ~one month before harassing anyone. I am going to update my Ubuntu at the end of May and check if that fixes it.
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 11 Apr 2015, 20:03

What is the exact problem? I probably had some problems with fullscreen before (game crash). I even reported it to Lewin, but (as I expected) it was a graphic driver bug. You may try another desktop environment, especially one of the lighter ones that don't use compositing - from my experience it seems better overall. If nothing helps, I guess you have to choose between windowed and Windows xD
<<

Soldado con espada

Lance Carrier

Post 11 Apr 2015, 20:41

The problem is that when I set it to full screen half the screen still shows the desktop, and (I believe) I can't move the map in-game by just moving the mouse to the sides (but I could be wrong, I'm in Windows now...).

Anyway, it's very anoying xD. Probably outdated libraries.

I noticed this problem later, but sound has problems too, it plays "weird" for a minute, then alright for five minutes, then weird again, etc.

Return to “General / Questions”