Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Remake is dying?

<<

Instrument

Laborer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 04 Dec 2015, 18:52

Remake is dying?

Almost 1 year ago Remake got new player record - 224. http://www.kamremake.com/2015/01/new-on ... ecord-224/

But now we dont even get 70 players (picture)

For my eyes, this looks really bad. Whats happened?
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 04 Dec 2015, 20:47

Re: Remake is dying?

I think it's mainly because there are no futher updates or even little changes on Remake, that's what makes people play this game - exploring new possibilities and functions. For example my interest in Remake is powered by seeing that something is happening to it, some small change to the code, or even a fixed bug. I think without any development this game it's gonna die really soon.
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 04 Dec 2015, 21:09

I think it's mainly because there are no futher updates or even little changes on Remake, that's what makes people play this game - exploring new possibilities and functions. For example my interest in Remake is powered by seeing that something is happening to it, some small change to the code, or even a fixed bug. I think without any development this game it's gonna die really soon.
^
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 05 Dec 2015, 08:34

Pretty much, yeah.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 05 Dec 2015, 17:21

You should not compare player record (max players in game in one time) and average players count in a day (lower chart). These are always gonna be like that.

I doubt people play 17yo game to see something new in it. I think they just enjoy the game they like and know well.
Remake is .. well.. a remake. Nothing radical can happen in it, otherwise it will drift too far away from original TSK.
On the other hand - now we have Knights Province, which can have changes and news and updates!
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 05 Dec 2015, 20:34

Well I had similar feelings :? As I see... yes, maybe its dying, unfortunately the first big kick was the gamespeed setting. That devided the community and that made more troll games than were previously. (The world time couldnt help to us organizating lagfree games:S like CN vs EU players) Lots of players left the game because personal reasons and conflicts between the players. Still hard to managing good games with trusted players. Seems developing of the Remake is stopped for unknown time. :?

For me the Remake means more than TSK or TPR. More comfortable usage, better visions, more logical gamemechanism etc...
BUT!
I still hope that we will see some small developements or solutions by the developers.

Personaly I'm waiting solutions like the follows:
:wink:
-Siege workshop and siege units implementing //this has million topics out there...

-possibility to set TH or Siege in the lobby //buttons for enableing/disableing these buildings in the game-it would preset the buildolder in the lobby-so the host could select from some building mode and the mapmaker shouldn't copy paste always the buildorderscript...the selections would be: Slow or Fast start, Siege? Yes/ NO and TH Yes/No

-Village prebuilding in the first minutes of the MP games// there was a topic where discussed how could make the game faster...well some players had an idea where the players have possibility to spend XY value resources to prebuild a city. For example: the players get 65 timber and 90stone and 3minutes. the players put one school, one inn, 4 stonemasons 2 wood cutters sawmill and 1 farm and still could build anything from the remained starting resources in that 3 minutes. In this 3 minutes the buildings would be ready up state withouth building time. So the games would be faster with almost 15-20minutes. The script should follow one of the select buildorder in the lobby. // Maybe this is programmable with dynamic scripting.

-registered users for multiplayer gamemode //I know its discussed many times, but it woul have more advantage also like players stats etc...Actually it needs huge work and resources from programmers

Well I think this post could move into the idea topic...
And you know what? :D
KaM never DIE!!!!
<<

Krom

Post 05 Dec 2015, 20:59

And these are average stats for 3 past years:
stats.png
* ignore 3 peaks on the left, those are from incorrect stats collecting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 06 Dec 2015, 10:18

Guys, i agree that updates can help remake, but you forget about one very important thing. In Remake he have peacetime. If we always play 60, game become really annoying. Try another PT, such as 35, 50, maybe more. On different peacetimes your play style will change.
Also, don't forget about fighting maps and scripts.
<<

Black

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 06 Dec 2015, 16:18

I'm personally playing this game more now than 1-2 years ago. I have been playing this game for about 10 years and it is the only one with which i never get bored. Also when i have only the TSK version with multiplayer i always have fun with my friends. Now with the Remake there are so much maps and options( thanks to script map) that is impossible for me not have fun.
I think i can be playing for other 20 years :P because I have a so long list of coop map which i want to finish or multiplayer maps which i want to play in different ways. The problem is that i never found the time :'(

Also by creating new maps( with scripts we can have thousands of new good ideas) everyone can helps this game stay alive. This is what the game more need for me, also more than an update.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 06 Dec 2015, 18:56

Guys, i agree that updates can help remake, but you forget about one very important thing. In Remake he have peacetime. If we always play 60, game become really annoying. Try another PT, such as 35, 50, maybe more. On different peacetimes your play style will change.
Also, don't forget about fighting maps and scripts.
This I agree with. We don't need a new update as much as we need to whomp some stubborn players in the head.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 07 Dec 2015, 06:16

I doubt people play 17yo game to see something new in it. I think they just enjoy the game they like and know well.
From what I remember, the massive spike in players count happened right after a new version which didn't have much more stuff visible by a player, other than 3 things: much more maps, downloads and spectating. I daresay that a new version wouldn't need big stuff, just a few nice things to refresh the game a bit. To remind people of the game, to force them to download it again if they didn't play it in a while etc. I'd say it's pretty important to try to keep the playerbase alive for the next two years or so, before KP is released in some form.

Out of all Thunder's ideas... village prebuilding was a really nice idea. Is there anyone that would like to put it in a script, for some testing? I'm a bit out of shape when it comes to programming ;( Later on we could think about making this a standard option for the lobbies, it seems like a really simple way to shorten the boring first minutes of the game. Given how Krom and Lewin don't seem to have much time for KaM at the moment, I doubt the big ideas like Townhall, registration or siege weapons will ever get implemented (I don't even know whether they should).

Another idea would be to give us someting to bite on while KP needs time to be cooked. Maybe we can spend the time on KP multiplayer testing? Of course that'd need a couple months of work to get something that can be tested (working multiplayer with all buildings playable, they don't have to look pretty just need to produce resources ;P), but we could start giving feedback on gameplay and balance. If you remember how much time we spent balancing Remake you will agree that 2 years isn't too little time for it ;P
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Dec 2015, 06:38

Out of all Thunder's ideas... village prebuilding was a really nice idea. Is there anyone that would like to put it in a script, for some testing? I'm a bit out of shape when it comes to programming ;( Later on we could think about making this a standard option for the lobbies, it seems like a really simple way to shorten the boring first minutes of the game. Given how Krom and Lewin don't seem to have much time for KaM at the moment, I doubt the big ideas like Townhall, registration or siege weapons will ever get implemented (I don't even know whether they should).
It has already been done. There is a script out these that's quite professionally done. I showed it to some guys on TS to try it on some nights where we don't want to play for 60 minutes and they said it "couldn't be fun" and that I was "crazy for even considering it."

Players are ruining any chance at being innovative. I love playing 60pt 1/1.5 speed, but if that's the only thing you can think is playable than I think you're lame player and probably have an equally lame life.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Krom

Post 07 Dec 2015, 08:36

KaM is old-paced conservative-type of game. No wonder players who play it like these traits :-)
We need to think around that.

I'll try to speedup KP multiplayer schedule.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 07 Dec 2015, 09:52

It has already been done. There is a script out these that's quite professionally done. I showed it to some guys on TS to try it on some nights where we don't want to play for 60 minutes and they said it "couldn't be fun" and that I was "crazy for even considering it."

Have you tested only with TS guys? Just because as I know the TS group is the most inflexible gaming club. They usually try out the new ideas/maps but the classical style is the strongest for them. Very hard to rich their goals. The randoms or the public like the new games much better still when the maps don't have quality.
For example not the Fouriuos Warriors or not the bonus scripted maps are the most popular maps on TS....Possible would be better to send that script out to 'randoms'. Actually I didn't know about this script. Good to know there is a rdy script.
:wink:
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 07 Dec 2015, 10:35

Well the community can still help keeping this game alive. There are plenty of things to explore in mp ans sp scripting. All you need is to get it playtested and try to have either krom or lewin to recompile the new scripted maps in an update to keep it fresh.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill

Return to “General / Questions”