Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

People who use other peoples names

<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 19 Jan 2012, 11:45

Re: People who use other peoples names

When will you publish your blacklist GWB? I want to read the forbidden names.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 19 Jan 2012, 11:52

I will not make it a public scandal.
There are also people on it that I just don't LIKE, they didn't really do something wrong, they are just a nuisances.
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 19 Jan 2012, 12:04

Personally, I would be quite sad if someone used my name. I have never seen it happen, never heard of it happening, but it might have.
Still, I doubt it. It's not even like I play that much.
"Ben" is a really common name, though. I hope no one joins the community who's name is "Ben" and/want to use the name "Ben."

If you think about it, my entire identity to most of you guys is that three letter word (and my avatar, I guess). You see it on the forum, and you get a mental picture of me or recall my personality and that is who I am to you.
If someone else were to use my name, they could bluff you all for a long, long time. It wouldn't be too hard to copy someone else's online personality and get away with it.
But this goes for most anybody, really. I'm still not afraid of it happening to me; though.

Great, I've jinxed myself! :P
Is this really ben?? be careful, guys, it could be an impostor!
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 19 Jan 2012, 12:22

You need not worry, nobody would come up with your name, unless they randomly tapped the keyboard.
<<

batoonike

Warrior

Post 19 Jan 2012, 17:07

Grom Hellscream, missspelt Krom is a major character from Warcraft III/World of Warcraft universe and thus millions of kids might easily pick this guy as their KaM name.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 19 Jan 2012, 18:25

Personally, I would be quite sad if someone used my name. I have never seen it happen, never heard of it happening, but it might have.
Still, I doubt it. It's not even like I play that much.
"Ben" is a really common name, though. I hope no one joins the community who's name is "Ben" and/want to use the name "Ben."

If you think about it, my entire identity to most of you guys is that three letter word (and my avatar, I guess). You see it on the forum, and you get a mental picture of me or recall my personality and that is who I am to you.
If someone else were to use my name, they could bluff you all for a long, long time. It wouldn't be too hard to copy someone else's online personality and get away with it.
But this goes for most anybody, really. I'm still not afraid of it happening to me; though.

Great, I've jinxed myself! :P
Is this really ben?? be careful, guys, it could be an impostor!
Haha, well someone couldn't really be using my name on the forum, isnce it has a password. unless....
SOMEONE HAS HACKED MY ACCOUNT! Who wrote this?!

...just kidding :P
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 20 Jan 2012, 18:16

I wonder if this Batoonike is the real one or a fake user... In case of real, I'd love if you describe your experience!!

<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 20 Jan 2012, 20:51

I wonder if this Batoonike is the real one or a fake user... In case of real, I'd love if you describe your experience!!

he seemed real enough to me.
This caykroyd was me, though... Well, in the end we lost because batoonike tried a new tower making strategy and it didn't work out well (he made no troops, only towers), and because this "sda" was newbie... before he could make ANY troops, he was vanquished :D
then, there was the fact that ATOMIC is a retarded ass. DO NOT PLAY WITH HIM. The game began and he drew his name in "plough fields", then made the schoolhouse+restaurant and quit. Luckily an enemy also quit so it was 3v3. As only I had troops, we didn't survive long until the enemies stormed our towers with militia then came in with a bunch of knights.
So if it wasn't really the batoonike, the real one can come forward and say, but i'm pretty sure it was, as he mentioned some things from the forum :wink:
<<

batoonike

Warrior

Post 20 Jan 2012, 21:28

Lol it's me. I was fooling around with mass towers and it worked horribly on this map, since chokepoint distance was very long and stone very low.

We lost because opponent team had 1 good player, who made lots of militia + crossbow + knights and couldve 3vs1 us easily. If the good player had also believed that archers counter towers, we would have been fine for another 2 hours. And Atomic is suicider.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 20 Jan 2012, 21:50

Could you upload the replay? Which was your color? )

I have seen all replays so far... its like watching a movie which is entertaining.
<<

batoonike

Warrior

Post 20 Jan 2012, 22:44

Replay attached. I guess .rpl file is all you need?
Blue was caykroyd. I was dark red. The player who managed to finish us easily was purple, dno who.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 20 Jan 2012, 22:51

Could you upload the replay? Which was your color? )

I have seen all replays so far... its like watching a movie which is entertaining.
OUR TEAM: caykroyd - blue, batoonike dark red. Green - Atomic. grey - sda (or something like that, cant remember really)
Enemy: Myclal disconnected. Pinkfloyd, eLus, tenchi (i cant remember their colours)

EDIT: HAHA batoonike posted first.... Hadn't known we could attach directly to forum... :$
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 20 Jan 2012, 23:58

Replay attached. I guess .rpl file is all you need?
No, they need the .bas file too.
.bas = A save of the entire game state before play started (includes the terrain, that's the biggest part)
.rpl = The commands players issued during the game such as placing buildings and moving troops.
.sav = The most recent state of the game. Not required for replays.

When you view a replay, the game loads the .bas file and then execute commands from the .rpl file as the game goes.
This format might change later, I think it's a bit confusing to have 3 files.
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 21 Jan 2012, 17:52

@Lewin, wouldn't it be nice to have a "fast forward" when viewing replays??
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 21 Jan 2012, 18:02

How about using F8? Or F11 and then click 300X?

Return to “General / Questions”