Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Impressions of multiplayer tactics

<<

mucormucedo

Serf

Post 29 Jan 2012, 08:10

Re: Impressions of multiplayer tactics

I looked at a replay, everyone is making 15 laborers and 15 serf in the begining, 3xquarry, 1 coal mine for every building that uses coal, they build their farms after iron weapon production is set up. I think you have to keep your population just at the limit so you can survive the first wave of hunger with what you have.

Thanks for your tips.
<<

batoonike

Warrior

Post 29 Jan 2012, 12:23

I usually make 28 laborers and 55-60 serves before 60 minutes. Spamming laborers and serves so that the numbers would be more or less equal most of the time, a little more serves later. At some point you will have 0 gold chests so make sure to get metallurgists and miners out before that happens.

1 farmer can plant 17 fields before the first planted field gets old enough to be slaugtered by the scythe.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 29 Jan 2012, 13:42

It depends on the distance from the farmers door.
I usually make 20 fields in 4 horizontal rows, the middle column is in front of the door.
<<

krisdw

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 30 Jan 2012, 14:11

You guys make 20+ laborers? O_O

I usually stop at 12 :D
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 30 Jan 2012, 22:06

You guys make 20+ laborers? O_O

I usually stop at 12 :D
XD i normally make 18, because i don't want to spend all my gold
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 31 Jan 2012, 06:43

Do mind that it varies from map to map.
<<

Post 31 Jan 2012, 23:54

I'd like to ask something about food during multiplayer matches.

I've recently downloaded the Kam Remake and played a few games online which i enjoyed quite a lot.
I also have browsed through this forum to see what kind of methods people use when playing online.
Most of you guys start with iron/coal production right after finishing your sawmill(s).
Now i understand that it takes about the same time to make an iron soldier as it would take to make a leather one.
However while you're busy making the iron/coal mines + all the other buildings which are used to make the iron armour/weapons, you dont
gather any food.
By the time you've finished building everything your supply off food should be very low.

So here comes the question:

How do you keep your servs/laborers etc. from starving?

Do you maybe let them die and then simply make new units in the school?

I've also watched a replay from someone's (forgot name) multiplayer game and i could be wrong, but i think i saw him closing his inn, meaning his servants wouldn't supply it anymore.
And after a while he opened it again i think. I might be totally mistaken, but if someone could lighten this up it would be greatly appreciated.

Well that's all for now, im looking forward to your answers ;)
<<

`Maurice

Militia

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 31 Jan 2012, 23:55

Woops, forgot to log on but the question above came from me :$
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 01 Feb 2012, 00:40

Closing your inn can be very useful. Personally I always close it immediately when it's finished. This will prevent your serfs from bringing all the food to your inn while your labourers are waiting for stones. I also close it when I don't have much food and valuable soldiers are hungry, because I noticed that clicking on the 'feed' button a million times doesn't really enlighten my serfs.
To ensure you have enough food to survive, you could build 1-2 farms without setting up the rest of the food production. This way you will get wheat which you can use later to produce bread. I like to make 2 farms, and when I have my iron (weapon) production running I build 2 mills and 2 bakeries and add another farm.
But obviously you can also use the market.

Return to “General / Questions”