Action buttons do not work on touchscreens

<<

William_AiJiyao

Laborer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 19 Aug 2016, 16:58

Action buttons do not work on touchscreens

Hello folks,

Well it's not really a bug as KaM is not made for touchscreens, but do you know why when using a touchscreen all the buttons in the game work except those to ask an action from a house?

For example I can tap the arrows to browse the list of villagers in a school or the list of soldiers in a castle but i can't validate my choice. I can have a house repaired or closed but I cannot tap the button to produce weapons. Those action buttons simply do not work.

It's kind of frustrating since KaM would be quite playable on touchscreens otherwise.
<<

William_AiJiyao

Laborer

Post 05 Feb 2021, 21:08

Re: Action buttons do not work on touchscreens

Hi everyone,

Hope the community is doing well :)
I'm bringing back this topic by the young(er) me, as I downloaded KaM remake again on a Windows10 tab today.

Any idea whether some validation buttons found in building menu (basically those used for hiring a villager or a soldier unit) can somehow be fixed so they become clickable on touch screens?
Other buttons like browsing the units list work just fine.

Thank you, and have a good day/night (depending on where you are)

William
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 07 Feb 2021, 12:41

It's strange, I would expect all buttons to work the same...
Is it the same on Remake beta version? You can download the latest version from KaM Discord: https://discord.gg/kKRyBBdC3A
<<

William_AiJiyao

Laborer

Post 08 Feb 2021, 20:44

I tested on the latest discord version and the buttons to hire villagers or units now work fine on touchscreens.
However in the map editor some buttons still don't work, for instance the arrows to set the initial damages of a building, the buttons to set the initial number of an item in the storehouse, etc.

Btw, are the new KaM remake versions only released on discord now or will they be put in the main website when they get stable enough? I never noticed there was a discord group so I was still playing on v6720 which is the latest release available there, while the latest on discord is v12xxx :lol:
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 08 Feb 2021, 21:53

Btw, are the new KaM remake versions only released on discord now or will they be put in the main website when they get stable enough? I never noticed there was a discord group so I was still playing on v6720 which is the latest release available there, while the latest on discord is v12xxx :lol:
The Discord versions are still in beta stage - there are still bugs, and currently there is not a lot of developer activity. So it's hard to tell what will happen - unless you know some Pascal programmers who would like to help us :)

Return to “Bugs”