New gamemode for KaM

<<

TheRagingBullet

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 19 May 2017, 14:40

New gamemode for KaM

Hi guys,
I have been playing a lot of age of empires 2 lately and in that game you have a gamemode called king of the hill which is most of the time an 8p ffa with a monument in the middle that you have to controll for a certain amount of time to win.

Why don’t we have something like this in KaM? It’s a great gamemode cause you can play with like 0 or 30 minutes pt and still go for a normal base or make army really early to try to win quickly. Like this way the games won’t be over 10 minutes after peacetime and a lot of different strategies will be viable.

Unfortunately i don’t have the motivation to make an 8p ffa map for this gamemode and i can’t make a script that enables a ‘king of the hill’ gamemode. Luckely there are a few maps that could be transformed into this gamemmode with just some small adjustments.

Possibly suitable maps:
-Megaland
-Nomad by To
-Cube by Paker
-Ending the Tyrranny by To(in this one it’s probably best for a 2v2v2v2 King of te hill)

Maybe every location has to start with some towers already up or a small army so you can’t rush for other players but you still can try to rush the middle.

Now the script doesn’t have to be very complicated. If a player has units in the middle(this middle can be a castle or a hill), a timer will start and when the timer is at 0 the player who started the timer will win the game. The Timer will stop once there are no units left on the middle of the player who started the timer. This timer then resets and will start counting down for the new player who now controls the middle. I don’t know how high the timer should be, probably somewhere between 5-10 minutes.

Tldr: ffa king of the hill gamemode in KaM where you win by controlling the middle of the map instead of killing the enemy

Hopefully someone can give some feedback or suggestions on this idea.(even though this forum is kinda dead :| )
<<

Black

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 19 May 2017, 16:34

Re: New gamemode for KaM

I think this can be a good mode, and it can make some MP game more various.

Also with fighting games can be interesting; Maybe giving players a prebuild village to produce soldiers and adding some bonuses to make it more various.

If i find sometime on this busy day i will try to work on the script; making a new map is sadly impossible for me :(
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 30 Jun 2017, 21:10

There is a map in release version r6720 called 'Center Castle Looting' with similar rules - there is a castle in the center and if you 'control it' (your troops are inside of this castle) you and your allies receive weapons and resources for free every several minutes. Mainly if you control the center - you will win.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 01 Jul 2017, 20:54

Hey!
As I know the first demo dynamic script was King of the Hill on ma Annie. There was version where havet own 1 point around 5minutes and a version which had 5 independent points. That map had a garden in the middle. But as we know CCL was the first very popular map with this type of script.
The script is ready. You can add it easily to any kind of map only some coordinates what have to change it.
So even your maps can be switch to a 'KotH' map.
bests!
t

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”