My kind of gaming...!

<<

anastasis7ika

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 23 Dec 2014, 14:27

My kind of gaming...!

Good evening everyone!
I've decide to re-play for 100th time this lovely game :) After all this beutifull updates this game became even more interestring than the first time i've play it 14 years ago.. So i decide to play and record it on high resolution (1920x1080)!

I've upload it on youtube the first mission of the The Shattered Kingdom campaign! I made a speedy game just for fun ! I'am on my way to upload all missions.. The average legnth of every mission will be 20-40 minutes :)

So enjoy my first fast gameplay mission :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LitYq3N6Jko

(PS I'am not doing this for the views or the subscribers..i've done this just for fun and learn! )
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 25 Dec 2014, 02:28

Re: My kind of gaming...!

I've decide to re-play for 100th time this lovely game :)
If you've played this game for more than 10 years and think you're at veteran skill level, then in between your fun playing this campaign again, why not also try to win the ultimate single player fighting map, Invasion (formerly called Zombie Apocalypse, created by Skypper) and post your replay (if you play it in r5503, which is the hardest version to play it in, you will have to play it without reloading saves, because the replay will not work otherwise). That map is literally a marathon!

I also recommend "Two Sides" (created by Vatrix) for a build and fighting map (play in the newest release).

I'd be interested to see how you beat Invasion (if you can--many have attempted, but I have heard no reports of anyone else beating it, including in 4 player multiplayer) and/or Two Sides. (H)
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

anastasis7ika

Serf

Post 01 Jan 2015, 22:28

Good evening and a happy new year !!!

Here is my second speedy mission :)

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTv0c1huGVo
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 01 Jan 2015, 22:46

It's nice someone started a TSK Campaign series again, but I think it would be better to play with my campaign fixes which can be found here: http://knightsandmerchants.net/forum/vi ... 414#p41395. And more patches here: http://knightsandmerchants.net/forum/vi ... =45#p42042 and http://knightsandmerchants.net/forum/vi ... =60#p42083

There is still a lot of work on these fixes, but the first 10 missions are fixed well I think. So try them out!

Thanks,
Vatrix

PS: I need testers :wink:
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

anastasis7ika

Serf

Post 01 Jan 2015, 22:55

It's nice someone started a TSK Campaign series again, but I think it would be better to play with my campaign fixes which can be found here: http://knightsandmerchants.net/forum/vi ... 414#p41395. And more patches here: http://knightsandmerchants.net/forum/vi ... =45#p42042 and http://knightsandmerchants.net/forum/vi ... =60#p42083

There is still a lot of work on these fixes, but the first 10 missions are fixed well I think. So try them out!

Thanks,
Vatrix

Dear Vatrix did you fix this campaign? Actually i see that 1st mission is harder than the first version but i manage to save the tower
I lost the Woodcutter's and the Sawmill buildings..
one thing i wanted to see in Kights and merchants is to choose our color for our colony... red is nice but i'am getting boring after 10 years of play..It would be a good idea to choose what color we want for our colony except the color that enemy's have. :)
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 01 Jan 2015, 23:03

Thanks,
Vatrix

Dear Vatrix did you fix this campaign? Actually i see that 1st mission is harder than the first version but i manage to save the tower
I lost the Woodcutter's and the Sawmill buildings..
one thing i wanted to see in Kights and merchants is to choose our color for our colony... red is nice but i'am getting boring after 10 years of play..It would be a good idea to choose what color we want for our colony except the color that enemy's have. :)
If you download the files I attached you'll have my fixes, in the latest release of KaM Remake is unfixed version of TSK.

And about that colors, that's not in my hands, for something like that you have to ask develepers of KaM Remake.
<<

anastasis7ika

Serf

Post 01 Jan 2015, 23:09

I will try to contact them :P

Here is mission 3!! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iplrhGZd68A
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 02 Jan 2015, 04:59

I just tried doing this speed play for TSK02. Beat it in 5.5 minutes (video time) with 2 losses. TSK02

I saw how you built your town and how you fought in TSK02. Veteran skill level? :?

I also have just won TSK04 in a little less than 26.5 minutes (video time) with 4 losses. TSK04

And Vatrix, I played your fixed versions in r6720. :D
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
<<

anastasis7ika

Serf

Post 02 Jan 2015, 09:46

i've been practiced with a several ways to beat missions..Don't forget that i play this game again just for fun :) and of course to show up to old and new players of this game my way to complete missions.. it's not about skills.. i build my town to my own adjustments and my own style :) i could make a speedy game like yours but i like to build also :)
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 02 Jan 2015, 09:53

The average legnth of every mission will be 20-40 minutes :)
i could make a speedy game like yours but i like to build also :)
If the average time is going to be no more than 40 minutes, and it took you 30 minutes to complete TSK02, I can't see how you're going to beat other missions which are actually time-consuming in less than 40 minutes on average (except for fighting missions, of course)...that's why I was (am) a little confused.

Also, it does not do anyone any good if you just play carelessly, teaching them bad building and fighting skills...but whatever makes you happy is fine. :|
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 02 Jan 2015, 12:38

I just tried doing this speed play for TSK02. Beat it in 5.5 minutes (video time) with 2 losses. TSK02

I saw how you built your town and how you fought in TSK02. Veteran skill level? :?

I also have just won TSK04 in a little less than 26.5 minutes (video time) with 4 losses. TSK04

And Vatrix, I played your fixed versions in r6720. :D
You know, I really need some more testers, will you make more videos?

The Shattered Kingdom itself is not supposed to be hard. You won that this fast, because you wanted to (with your tactic it's really easy). This campaign is more for those who want to relax with the good old gameplay. It's not like Two Sides, where I wanted it to be hard and challenging. btw I still haven't won that mission :D 3 tries. Nice thing on my fixes is that they're still in development, so if you find sth really bad just tell me! I'm fixing bugs fast and furious!

*Maybe you can see in mission 4 there are more troops than in *unfixed* version, that's a little measure for you to not win that in 5 minutes or so :D.

I played first 8 missions of my beta fixes. Mission 8 is so badly played, but don't get it as I can't play good!
Missions 1-8.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

anastasis7ika

Serf

Post 02 Jan 2015, 20:26

@Vatrix i really like your opinion... looks like a defend to me :P personally i've edit sometimes a map.. for example when i want to make the hard troops i build a storehouse and i pre-filled with 30000 coal and iron... :)
btw @vatrix few years ago i noticed on few missions that after 50-60 minutes of gaming when i've been trained a lot of troops serfs etc some soldiers were going solo to the enemy without my order.. also some surfs do this also.. does this bug exist yet?
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 02 Jan 2015, 20:41

@Vatrix i really like your opinion... looks like a defend to me :P personally i've edit sometimes a map.. for example when i want to make the hard troops i build a storehouse and i pre-filled with 30000 coal and iron... :)
My fixes are not just edit of missions, they repair bugs and some problems with gameplay in The Remake. :wink:
btw @vatrix few years ago i noticed on few missions that after 50-60 minutes of gaming when i've been trained a lot of troops serfs etc some soldiers were going solo to the enemy without my order.. also some surfs do this also.. does this bug exist yet?
From what I know this bug was in original game, there is nothing like this happening in Remake.
<<

shaver13

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 10 Jan 2015, 02:36

I may ask, with this type of game what so far the best weapons did you ever use?
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 10 Jan 2015, 05:25

I may ask, with this type of game what so far the best weapons did you ever use?
Read pages 47-51 of the manual to find out what the highest attack is, as in this game (as is in Age of Empires), pikemen are weak against foot soldiers but strong against cavalry, for example. (However in the remake, the Catapult and Ballista don't exist, so ignore those siege weapons.)

Return to “Game replays”