<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 29 May 2013, 15:26

Re: Town Hall / Siege Workshop

Hi!

Nowadays the townhall again a popular word on the forumXD

So i though about a little how could possible to implement it to the game without any torsion.
Just need to edit some little thing for this. I think this seems little thing but huge for the programmers...
I made a scketch also.
The biggest enemy of the townhall is the original building way and traingunits only from gold..
I imagine the new Townhall as barrack but here not weapons are inside but wares and resources...
i think on should to say which units how much cost. what kind of resources need for the units.
and after still need goldchest (or wines)+ training time+ other cost(weapon making time value as same market tax)

COSTS:

Rebel: 1 timber + 1 iron bar +1coal
Rouge: 2timber +4stone
Vagabond: 3 timber +1 horse
Barbarian, warrior: 3iron bar +3coal

all units training cost: 2 goldchest or 1goldchest+1wine or 2-3wines
(wines -because these units are not humans they are barbariansXD)
NOT CHEAP...

(ths cost just ideas-i tried to think on balanced way)
needly resources: stone, timber, ironbar, coal, horse, goldchests, (wine)

If all resources are in the TH after you can start to train unit- 30sec training time...

So on this way this building not the best choice but could be part of the game.

so the townhall usage could be a little complicated but in the end game if use wines for training when the players hae emoty goldmines...etc..
In this way should to build iron production, not cheaper than make swords or any other unit.

just need to edit the Townhall's controll panel. and should to give TH to the divide wares. (and somehow should to manage the wine also-go into the inn or into the TH...)

This is just an idea, but i think this kind of modification /or remade/ of TH is the most viable.

It is huge work to implement it, but the game could be much much colourful.
Mainly the endgames. Market also an unused building in the earlygames...

Have a nice discussion!
:)
t
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 29 May 2013, 19:33

Beautiful sketch Thunder. :)
Your idea is nice, yet it seems too much stuff for such weak units.
Basing on original and your TH, I thought of a new balanced design.

TownHall purpose: Purchasing small quantities of units when building is completely refilled.
The resources will be 2: Gold chests and Wine barrels. The max capacity of storage is [8/8].

Gold Chests: G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G
Wine Barrels: W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W

What the *heck*? :D Once the building is built, serfs will deliver gold and wine to the townhall, and below the storage bars, you will have the 5 units types to HIRE (removed Militia because already is in barracks, but separated Barbarian/Warrior).

I call this Hiring, because you Train units at Barracks, but you Hire units at TownHall... coming to fight after you pay them gold and alcoholic drinks: Rebels, Rogues, Vagabonds, Barbarians, and Warriors (better renamed to Desertors).

Units Prices
Rebel: 1G/1W
Rogue: 2G/1W
Vagabond: 3G/2W (his "donkey" dies extremely fast on battlefield since No Shield, performance cannot be compared with Scouts/Knights)
Barbarian: 4G/5W
Warrior (Desertor): 4G/5W

The costs allow a player to spam Rebels at once (max 8), or make combos with Rogue/Vagabond + Barbarian/Warrior (check my gold/wine relationship).

When the game lasts for long, gold chests are the first thing you need to maintain (through Market).
By this stage you won't hire Towhnall units, only train better equiped soldiers from Barracks.

ConcIusion: This version is similar to original TH, just adds Wine as cost, and expands bars storage to [8/8] -> NO timer, immediatly hiring.
It's actually difficult to have this building truly set up, because Vineyards require a LOT of timber, after you fill the Inns, then Townhalls receive this delivery.

I hope you liked this idea Thunder... It combines elements that expand KaM universe: hiring outlaw units at townhall with gold+wine.
If you want more of these units then build 2-3 Townhalls, however you will require also a super extensive wine production.
!MODBREAK: Please refrain from using such language on this fourm. Thank you.
Last edited by Jeronimo on 13 Sep 2021, 14:11, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Modbreak
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 30 May 2013, 02:46

Thunder, I actually had a very similar idea! The only differences were that the costs were only gold, and that you could do "orders" like with the armament facilities (I can order 20 recruits, and the serfs will continue to drop gold chests off so I don't need to pay as much attention to it).

I really like your idea though! Maybe we could make it train like a school in that it has a queue? (I.e., I can queue up to six units at once). Also, I am very sketchy about using wine (or any food) as a cost. Besides, you are quite wrong about vineyards not being used. ;)

Other than that, very good job! You've obviously put effort into coming up with a thorough idea that fits the KaM style! :)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 30 May 2013, 07:12

sorry i just forgot the militi...XD

Anyway i think good if use iron bar and coal, because barbarian can beat the swords(possible the only meelee unit who can) and in the past was a sentence 'the townhall will bring easy games because only gold...'. but if use iron bars and coals and wine i think the townhall usage could be enough hard to ineótegrated it into the game..

the costs?
at first the costs seem to expensive but think on it the swordman or vagabond how much useful. These unit has a special power so when training them pay for it.
use resources for their weapons, recruits, and pay for weapon making time.

yes there is a larger problem...always can train one unit at the same time...
Maybe this type building should be as store house....

i think this way could be the most correct.
And i really support the wine usage...

i think only gold and wine could be easi again, because there are some stuff what if you trade you can easy abuse wine.

but i feel the TownHall is going...XD

HF!
<<

Debaron

The Dukes of Burgundy Clan

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 30 May 2013, 07:15

Just to pop in, I like both Thunder's idea for Town Hall and the tests he did to show that the barbarian is a strong but different unit than the swordman (the latter being more sustained and better in larger groups, makes sense). I, as a semi-noob, also see potential in their inclusion, although I realize this is going to be a pretty complicated project to achieve balance-wise (but again, that's probably a great start Thunder!). People will always think that something isn't right or OP, like I might if I just lost a game to a barbarians' attack, however in the end I agree that especially end-game may become more "colourful"!
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 30 May 2013, 08:05

Oh that test was really long time ago...now the swordman has plus shield bonus. Maybe should to make a new one...
But i think the barbs still can beat swords easiear than axer or militiesXD
or bows...XD
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 30 May 2013, 08:22

The nice thing about having barbarians is that swordfighters would have a better counter. Right now, the only things that can beat an opponent using swordfighters is to have better tactics and production than him.

Oh, and if the townhall does get implemented, I sure hope that only barbarians or warriors are trainable. I hated how you would randomly get a warrior or a barbarian in TPR. I'd often save my game before training so I could load the game back if I didn't get the unit I wanted.
<<

Debaron

Post 30 May 2013, 09:21

Units on horses, knights in particular, do have a bonus against infantry, correct?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 30 May 2013, 09:46

Units on horses, knights in particular, do have a bonus against infantry, correct?
Not directly, but all units with horses have 1 extra hitpoint compared to infantry, so that means they'll win on average against infantry.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 30 May 2013, 14:44

Still, considering that knights are more expensive than swordfighters (not as much now because of the farm patch, but nonetheless) they don't make an effective counter. Note that the counter for knights (pikemen) are one of the two cheapest iron units. The "counter" for swordfighters is the most expensive in the game.
<<

Debaron

Post 31 May 2013, 08:36

Yes, but the increased mobility of horse units kind of justifies those costs. But yeah, there is no cheap counter to infantry, like there is for cavalry. Barbs might somewhat fill this position, although as we have seen they perform worse against larger groups of swordmen.
<<

Vladimir

Woodcutter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 04 Jul 2013, 21:46

I like the whole idea for the Town hall and hiring units with wine, gold and other resources. Although I don't like the idea of hiring warriors as mercenaries. I think warriors should be trained in the barracks and the TH be used as a place where you hire non-professional units like rebels, rogues, vagabonds or barbarians( I am not quite sure about them either). I just think that this way it would be more realistic. ;)
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 05 Jul 2013, 08:10

Barbarians are exactly the same as Warriors in power and defence, only difference is the "layout" ;)
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Vladimir

Woodcutter

Post 05 Jul 2013, 09:14

Yes, I know. I my opinion this should be changed, because it simply doesn't make sense. I think that barbarians shouldn't not have any defence at all. ;) And also to be balanced I thinkg both barbarian and warrior should be weak agains ranged fire, but that's a lil bit off the topic. :wink:
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 05 Jul 2013, 11:46

Yes, I know. I my opinion this should be changed, because it simply doesn't make sense. I think that barbarians shouldn't not have any defence at all. ;) And also to be balanced I thinkg both barbarian and warrior should be weak agains ranged fire, but that's a lil bit off the topic. :wink:
Believe me. Barbs are enough "weak" against ranged units. Comparing a fight where barbs attack against swords, both with same ranged units, the barbs will loose, but they are "the strongest unit in kam". The point is, that this is their "own" weak point XD but I agree about giving warriors some more defense/shield bonus.

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”