<<

ZOLTAN

Axe Fighter

Post 24 May 2013, 13:30

3v3 building map tournament starts on 10 june

Hi everyone,

post your replays here:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1597

the times of the matches will be agreed by the two teams and they will have to send me the match results via private message after they have finished them

if any problems occur during a match and due to this it is cancelled, contact me and we will talk over the problems and in case re-match is possible

Teams:
Matches:
Groups:

We are happy :D to announce that we are about to arrange a 3v3 building maps tournament starting on 10 june(it will take more weeks and minimum 1 match per team per week)

Tournament rules:
----------------------
- for every match the Maps and Locs will be given by random a couple of days before the match takes place
- for every match there will be 7 days to play it
- within that 7 days you can arrange a time that fits both teams
- of course you can have more matches within 7 days if possible
- each game must be played in 1.0 speed with 60 min peace time
- all tactics are allowed including labourers/workers rush/scout, tower spam, market abuse, etc...
- if any problems occur during a match and due to this it is cancelled, contact me and we will talk over the problems and in case re-match is possible

Posting results:
----------------------
- to confirm a victory the winning team have to post the match results by adding one screenshot with statistics and one replay from each game
- you have to destroy enemies barracks, storehouses and schools to achieve victory!
- if a win is very obvious, we CAN (but don't have to) accept it even if not all the buildings got destroyed

Final maps for tournament:
------------------------------------
Golden Cliffs
Western Desert
Majestic Waters
Across the Desert
Alice

Tournament process:
-----------------------------
first we will have the group matches: there are going to be 4 groups each containing 4 teams, each team plays 1 match with every other teams within its group
after group matches first and second players are going to next round: quarter finals (4 matches for example: A,B,C,D are groups and 1,2 are places which players occupied in groups, so: A1 is playing with B2, A2 vs B1, C1 vs D2, C2 vs D1) then half finals (winners from quarter finals) and then final
after group matches the third and fourth places from each groups are going home the tournament is over for them

for any questions please send me a private message
regards,
Zoltan, Mercenary
Last edited by ZOLTAN on 09 Jun 2013, 13:58, edited 42 times in total.
<<

zaamoot

Militia

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 24 May 2013, 13:35

Re: 3v3 building map tournament starts on 10 june

What time on 10 June? Because in the evening I can probably join with a team.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 24 May 2013, 15:08

I am 100% against using Three Continents as one of the maps. It is terribly unbalanced. Further, The Torn Empire probably hasn't been tested enough to be used in the tournament ;)

Just my opinion, of course.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

ChrisEggII

Sword Fighter

Post 24 May 2013, 16:27

I would participate in this tournament, because I'll have vacances. Only one problem... I don't know with who.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 24 May 2013, 16:34

I am 100% against using Three Continents as one of the maps. It is terribly unbalanced. Further, The Torn Empire probably hasn't been tested enough to be used in the tournament ;)

Bless you! Finally someone who knows the real name of that map, instead of all the 'Across the Desert'-crap.
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 24 May 2013, 16:50

It is Across the Desert :D
Google "Át a sivatagon" to see that it is really Across the Desert (at least in the original Hungarian TPR). :D :P
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Bludmaster

Bowman

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 24 May 2013, 20:48

I am 100% against using Three Continents as one of the maps. It is terribly unbalanced.

This map is just classic style and very hard map, which should be on list of tournaments maps.

Unbalanced? I do not think there is any problem of balance for this map. In good old days every one was playing it and only problem was space on some locations. Since in new RC you dont need that much space it is not problem anymore. I am saying it because i like this map and i like hard maps with good space for fighting where you can show your true "skill".
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 24 May 2013, 22:53

It is Across the Desert :D
Google "Át a sivatagon" to see that it is really Across the Desert (at least in the original Hungarian TPR). :D :P
The name of the map is actually "Three Continents." It was changed to "Across the Desert" for the singleplayer version of the map in TPR, but the multiplayer version's name remained the same. Somehow, Lewin and Krom managed to use the wrong name in The Remake.
Unbalanced? I do not think there is any problem of balance for this map. In good old days every one was playing it and only problem was space on some locations. Since in new RC you dont need that much space it is not problem anymore. I am saying it because i like this map and i like hard maps with good space for fighting where you can show your true "skill".
So? This still makes it unbalanced, and there are certainly more problems than just room in this map. I like these classic, challenging maps, too, but not for a fair match.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

ChrisEggII

Sword Fighter

Post 25 May 2013, 08:59

AtD is really unbalanced. I remember when I played in this map for 4 hours, because players from positions 2 and 3 didn't attack. I'll say "yes" if those positions aren't in the same team.
<<

ZOLTAN

Axe Fighter

Post 25 May 2013, 09:01

Guys no worries the "Across the Desert" alias "Three Continents" map has finally been removed from the tournament
by the way i still expect suggestions for a map to replace it for instance: iceline or swan hill

could you give me tips maybe?
<<

zaamoot

Militia

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 25 May 2013, 09:33

What about the map "All for One"?
<<

Romek

Lance Carrier

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 25 May 2013, 12:23

Hey guys ! Dont remove Across the desert please. That map is very good for 3v3 game. I played on that map many times and saw almost everything so I can guarantee you that when it comes to 3v3 game map is NOT UNBALANCED. The map is made for top vs bottom gaming but it is also possible to play it left vs right. I can understand that some players have problems with bulding here or have a bad experience with map but it is not the reason to call map UNBALANCED.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 25 May 2013, 13:28

Hello!

I read from Across the desert, and so funny. Maybe one of the oldest multimap, and i grow up on that map, and interesting i have never seen that map is unbalanced.
Left vsRight or Top vs Bottom. Location2 &3 always together (Little same sturcture than Golden Cliffs-loc 3&4 are always together).
I watched the 6p map list in the remake and how i saw not too much good quality 6p maps are there. I think if some not totally tested maps (new, not frequenty played) are on your tournament list then Across the desert absolutly has place on there.
I wish the bests for organization!
t

PS:
Iceline more balanced than Swan Hill fix, and Alice is made for 3v3 also;)
Hard decision...But i offer you Across the desert for the 5th place:) Better if 2 classical maps are there on your list.
<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 25 May 2013, 16:08

How many times have you played this map? and with what players?
what is the logic behind your reasoning?
because i completely disagree with you, and would like to know how you reason behind your statement.
Guys no worries the "Across the Desert" alias "Three Continents" map has finally been removed from the tournament
by the way i still expect suggestions for a map to replace it for instance: iceline or swan hill

could you give me tips maybe?
why was it removed? because Ben said it was bad?
Last edited by EDMatt on 13 Sep 2021, 14:13, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Fixed a double post
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Weekend

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 25 May 2013, 16:23

I agree with Matt. Across the desert shoulldn´t be removed. I played it severell times and i can´t see any imba things.

Return to “Tournaments”