Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Tsk mission 8 help

<<

theblitched

Laborer

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 12 Feb 2013, 13:51

Tsk mission 8 help

I can't get further then the first attack in mission 8 of TSK.
In this mission the enemy comes to attack your base at the start. I always die after this first attack.

I can't remember this first attack being this strong. Usually I could survive this attack even without building towers. In the remake I tried building towers, I even tried using a glitch by making a lot of tower plans on the ground so they get blocked but it doesn't seem to help anything.

Can someone tell me how to survive this first attack? Because I want to complete this mission.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 12 Feb 2013, 14:10

Re: Tsk mission 8 help

When I first played TSK I had to build a lot of towers (just school and towers until after the attack) and it took a few attempts before winning that mission.

However, the campaigns are not well balanced in the Remake because we keep making changes to the engine and balance and testing the campaigns for every release is a lot of work. Once things are more stable with the balance and AI we can try to get the campaigns really well balanced.
I tested TSK 8 a few releases ago and won it after a few attempts, so it might still be winnable now.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 12 Feb 2013, 14:48

The old TSK relied on super strong ranged units in order for you to survive against larger numbers, they are weaker now for multiplayer balance. you can still win it by making a lot of towers, like 8 or something. it is hard but you can do it.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

theblitched

Laborer

Post 12 Feb 2013, 17:16

I'm going to try again with a lot of towers and see how far I'll come
<<

theblitched

Laborer

Post 12 Feb 2013, 17:55

After a lot of tries I made it,
I placed my army in front of my unfinished towers. they all died, and there were still a lot of barbarians left. around the time my army was the I had 9 towers and managed to kill all of the barbarians.
Then a few seconds later another group of barbarians came to attack me, I tried to hold them off with my builders to win time for my serfs to bring stone to the towers. It was a close call but I managed to kill them all!

To be honest I never completed this mission in TSK, this is the hardest mission I know :p I'll see how far I'll come in the remake :D
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 12 Feb 2013, 18:12

@theblitched: Congratulations! :)
Would be nice to see a screenshot ;)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

theblitched

Laborer

Post 12 Feb 2013, 21:10

Here are some pics :)
Naamloos.png
Naamloos3.png
Naamloos4.png
Naamloos5.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Jochi

Woodcutter

Post 12 Feb 2013, 21:31

you should put troops under the towers. The enemy firts, would die whit the stone of the towers, and later as you put the tower the enemy pass one at, and you can kill them more easy
<<

theblitched

Laborer

Post 12 Feb 2013, 23:33

you should put troops under the towers. The enemy firts, would die whit the stone of the towers, and later as you put the tower the enemy pass one at, and you can kill them more easy
There was not enough time to do that, they already started attacking while the towers didn't have stone yet.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Feb 2013, 23:37

In that case, you're just screwed :D
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Jochi

Woodcutter

Post 13 Feb 2013, 22:44

I show you some pictures of how I would do it, are of different games but I want to show them what they have to do. In all i win the barbarians. you have to put a tower attached to rocks and other iron

You have to use the towers por separate the enemies

Another thing you can do is use an archer,to attract a group of barbarians follow, the archer. And you win time

I hope with this you can finish the mission
<<

HunterKiller

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 28 Mar 2013, 05:04

This mission was a real pain in ass. I actually defended myself after about lets say.. 30 tries with only 4 tower and some inn plans before them, keeping well placed soldiers and archers behind turret with minimal casualties, however i find Remake's campaign very difficult. I always get the map run off of resources even in the earlier missions and still can't win. Needed a lot of retry to finish levels, and had to play perfect in all way.. I'm at TSK Mission 9, is it worthy to continue? Will it become impossible? I miss those siege stuff. Could be possible to separate campaign and multiplayer later? It would be nice to buy only-singleplayer units like barbarians and siege equipment, but the multi would stay balanced. Like in Starcraft 2 :O
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 28 Mar 2013, 15:33

Well if it is worth to continue? I cant answer that question for you all. I liked the campaigns, espacially TSK. However in the Remake SP maps arent fully supported, from the view of the AI. I played also some maps,where the whole city just attacks you,because your troops "touched" a swordmen of the enemy or sth like that. :P
I haven´t really time to test this mission,but when I remember correctly(when I played this mission in the original Game) i just built 2-3 towers and won the game easily :D

So when you still have problems to win it, I will try to test the missions in the actual version, maybe in 1 week.

EDIT: Sorry, I read now that you have won that mission. Congrats. I will still test it, to see if its possible to win with 3 towers :D

Greetings

pawel95
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 05 Aug 2013, 07:41

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but
EDIT: Sorry, I read now that you have won that mission. Congrats. I will still test it, to see if its possible to win with 3 towers :D
Maybe you've checked it by now, but I survived with two towers (with r4179).

The replay only goes up to me taking out the town to the west...I accidentally saved over the full win, but...

yeah, I recall the original game's difficulty with mission 8's initial attack being much easier. I think I had 15 axe fighters left instead of just 6?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 05 Aug 2013, 07:45

Nice. :)

I kept 12 axefighters and all bowmen... ...after destroying the village to the west :P r5503.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

Return to “Strategy Central”