Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

New Walkthroughs for TSK/TPR

<<

SwatSkillz

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 29 Jun 2013, 19:37

New Walkthroughs for TSK/TPR

Ok, it's probably already been done before, but I'm going to start writing a walk through for the two campaigns. anyone interested? I'm going to start as soon as I can, over christmas probably.

It probably has been done but I'm still into the game a lot, so I thought it's good to give something back, or just help out a bit. =]

There will probably be a normal strategy, a rush if it's possible on the mission, then any statistics, etc.

=] merry Christmas

Currently, I am stuck on mission 9, which is second barbarian. If you could please do the walk through, I would be very grateful, as Toby only did first 7 missions.
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 29 Jun 2013, 20:14

Re: Walkthrough for TSK/TPR

Mission 9. Not a hard, but not an easy mission either.
I try to help you, but I doubt if it really helps xd
First, lure the northern enemy to your town group by group, kill them with your troops. While doing so, build an economy. Have these (or more, but I doubt if you can get more within that little space): 4 farms, 2 pigfarms, 1 mill, 1-1-1 butchery, bakery and tannery, 2 armory workshops, 5-6 woodcutters, 3 sawmills, 2 weapon workshops, 2 gold and iron mines, 2 metallurgist's, 2 iron smithies (/smelters), 1-1 weapon and armor smithy, maybe 1-2 vineyards. Train lancers and crossbows. Be aware of the AI attack after 50 minutes or so (I can't really remember the exact time, you will get a message anyways), hitting your town from between your gold and iron mountains. Push forward north, until you reach the north-eastern enemy. Lure them group by group. After that, crush the enemy in the eastern centre. He shouldn't have too many troops since he has to build a town himself first. Have fun and good luck :)

P.S.: if you are playing the original game, not using weapon and armor smithies but siege workshop and producing ballistas will come in handy. In that case, make many lancers and mass ballistas plus 1-2 bowmen for luring.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 30 Jun 2013, 02:28

Re: New Walkthroughs for TSK/TPR

~MOD: Split topic~
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

SwatSkillz

Serf

Post 01 Jul 2013, 17:27

Re: Walkthrough for TSK/TPR

Mission 9. Not a hard, but not an easy mission either.
I try to help you, but I doubt if it really helps xd
First, lure the northern enemy to your town group by group, kill them with your troops. While doing so, build an economy. Have these (or more, but I doubt if you can get more within that little space): 4 farms, 2 pigfarms, 1 mill, 1-1-1 butchery, bakery and tannery, 2 armory workshops, 5-6 woodcutters, 3 sawmills, 2 weapon workshops, 2 gold and iron mines, 2 metallurgist's, 2 iron smithies (/smelters), 1-1 weapon and armor smithy, maybe 1-2 vineyards. Train lancers and crossbows. Be aware of the AI attack after 50 minutes or so (I can't really remember the exact time, you will get a message anyways), hitting your town from between your gold and iron mountains. Push forward north, until you reach the north-eastern enemy. Lure them group by group. After that, crush the enemy in the eastern centre. He shouldn't have too many troops since he has to build a town himself first. Have fun and good luck :)

P.S.: if you are playing the original game, not using weapon and armor smithies but siege workshop and producing ballistas will come in handy. In that case, make many lancers and mass ballistas plus 1-2 bowmen for luring.
So do I line up all of my barbarians on the western entrance to the town, with crossbowmen behind them?
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 01 Jul 2013, 18:34

You can do it by your taste, but you will definately lose less troops if you use your xbows as ranged support :p Maybe some towers, but not too many.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

SwatSkillz

Serf

Post 02 Jul 2013, 15:30

Awesome. Thanks, I'll try that some time soon and let you know how that worked out for me :D
<<

SwatSkillz

Serf

Post 02 Jul 2013, 18:39

Okay, so this is how it went. The troops I was provided with at the start of the mission were enough for me to destroy the top settlement. I baited the enemy brigades out one by one with a single crossbowman and my barbarians would deal with them easily enough, especially with the archer support. The settlement at the top wasn't well developed and I caught the recruit of one of the defensive towers starving to death slowly. This weakened tower allowed my troops to march in, destroy the storage, canteen, school and barracks. By the time of 0:27, my crossbowmen were taking down the last 2 towers with ease. I left the people up there to slowly die. I explored a little bit further and found that the eastern part of the village was slowly carving into the eastern settlement itself. The towers there were supported by swordsmen and bowmen so I retreated. I started taking out the forces located to the right of my base using the same method as before. When all enemy axemen, scouts, bowmen and crossbowmen were down, I started planning the final battle, which included 30 barbarians and 8 crossbowmen against 16 or 12 swordsmen and 12 or 16 bowmen, supported by several towers, some pikemen and some knights. I tried the battle a few times so that I can destroy the settlement on the right without taking too many losses. Unfortunately, all I tried, I was left with about 12 barbarians and 4 crossbowmen. That wasn't enough to take down a whole village considering it had a tower right in the middle + there were 2 barracks constantly sending some troops to stop me. I decided to retreat with the rest of my forces and build up my army as all this time, I was developing my settlement. Now, my enemy gathered 6 militia, 3 pikemen, 3 crossbowmen and 3 knights on the defense line of the weakened village, which got rebuilt. I, by that time, got: 12 barbarians, 9 knights, 10 bowmen, 16 crossbowmen and I have the chance to hire more troops. But I don't think that is requires. The next time I log on, I will absolutely smash the rest of purple and finish this mission.

Thanks for help, Bence, thanks to you, I managed to finish this mission in about 1:30 :D

Return to “Strategy Central”