Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Skypper Strategy Question

<<

Skypper

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 14 Sep 2013, 18:46

Skypper Strategy Question

is there anyone that can give me some tips?
how to build a better city?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 14 Sep 2013, 19:34

Re: KaM shoutcast topic

First, take a better map :P Joking.

-Your barracks placement is pretty bad. It should have at least 3 tiles in front of its entrance and 2-2 tiles next to it, and it shouldn't be in the middle of your city, to avoid jams.
-You'd need more farms. At least 1 more. Also, all the farms you have should have exactly 15-16 tiles of fields, preferably in front of it. Look at the 2 farms you have on the left side of the stone; they lack fields pretty badly, it's like 1/2 of the amount required.
-Tbh I didn't watch the replay, but I can see that you have a very low amount of swordfighters. Try to get your first iron mine before 25 minutes. That's already late, but let's don't go "pro level" first, shall we? :) I can see that you have a very little amount of wood, is that the cause of late iron production? You should get ~6 woodcutters before going for iron production, so the timberflow will be continuous.

If you need more help, I guess you should watch Dicsoupcan's base building tutorials on Youtube. See his channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/AAPNL12/videos.

~offtopic mod-alike I guess this post should be in the "Review your Gameplay" topic.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 14 Sep 2013, 19:54

Re: KaM shoutcast topic

thx for the tips :)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Bludmaster

Bowman

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 24 Sep 2013, 12:40

Re: Skypper Strategy Question

If you rly want to know some tips come on TS sometimes so we can talk about it instead of writing :)
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 24 Sep 2013, 14:19

i only had a uick look, but the first thing i noticed was the towerformation. It does not work effecient in any way. towers have a range of 6 tiles. If you place towers so close to each other guess what will happen? a soldier will come into the range of multiple towers, which all will trhow a stone at the same soldier. This means that if 2-3 towers do it you waste at least 1-2 stone per trhow. placing towers 6 tiles from each other will have the same effect of killing the soldier without wasting stone. This also mens you can cover much more ground using the same amount of towers OR you can cover the same amount of ground with less towers. The last situation means you save time and resources (think both materials, builders ANd serfs) you can spend on economy (think food, weapons and gold -> more soldiers, more stable town).
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 24 Sep 2013, 14:20

Dicsoupcan, please don't teach people how to make better towers when they are already playing Cursed Ravine XD
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 24 Sep 2013, 14:29

Dicsoupcan, please don't teach people how to make better towers when they are already playing Cursed Ravine XD
If i did that i would have said he should have had some towers north since there is an opening there, but i did not even know it was cursed ravine (i said quick look, i litterally took a 2 second look).
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 20 Nov 2013, 20:12

i have played since a long time a MP battle again, and if some one want to give some comments/tips/hints i would very appriciate it
greets job
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Beginning map maker -

Return to “Strategy Central”