Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

balancing tasks for builders for fastest building

<<

Theovv

Peasant

Post 21 Sep 2021, 14:54

balancing tasks for builders for fastest building

Hi,

I watched a lot of tutorials and replays and read forum topics about this topic and learned a lot from it, but I think I can still improve on building efficiently.

I read that builders will do tasks in this order: digging building sites - build roads/vines/corn fields - build buildings.

Most suggest to produce roads first and after that select the building location for a builder to dig out. and also to divide builders between different tasks, so that some will build buildings and others will build roads.

I also saw that digging the building sites can have priority, because serfs can place building materials there in the meantime when builders are constructing roads.

But what I struggle with is the balance.

How much road compared to my amount of builders can I prebuild before I need to plant some new building sites?

How many building sites must be digged out for serfs to fill with building material before I start creating more roads?

How many builders are needed for building a building?

How many buildings sites and roads compared to my amount of serfs and builders can I plan at once before I have to wait till those are completed?

Do you have any advice on this?
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 15 Oct 2021, 10:01

Re: balancing tasks for builders for fastest building

HI Theovv,

To be honest, lots of depends about how much labourers and resources have in the actual moment. I think this part of the game is managed differently by every player.
How much road compared to my amount of builders can I prebuild before I need to plant some new building sites
?
-I don't think you will get exact number. Always good if you have roads ready in the planned directions. I would suggest to always build roads continuously, but keep eyes on the amount of stone you have, and the Timber/stone required to the joint house plants. If house plant have full of timber and/or stone also then manage 4-6builders to the house.
How many building sites must be digged out for serfs to fill with building material before I start creating more roads?
-It is okay to pre-dig the house plants earlier. But care about how much of them you connect to the road at the same time. If you connects too much digged houseplan then they will get the timber and stone with equal priority and if you have low amount of resources then they will load eternal long. Here the priority probably use the distance also from the quarries and sawmills(?). Try to not build too much at the same time.
How many builders are needed for building a building?
-Depends on how fast the building you need. Anyway as much as can stand around the building. It is different at every building and depends of the size of the building and the walkability of the nearby terrian. (Goldmine can have 4 only meanwhile a school house can be hit by 12 or mroe?) More labourers means less walking around the building. As a test you can compare how 1 and 10 labourers build up an inn. :wink:
How many buildings sites and roads compared to my amount of serfs and builders can I plan at once before I have to wait till those are completed?
-The idea is to keep your builds continuously. Make roads non-stop, send labourers to houseplant ready with the required resources. You can do many things parallelly. If you don't have timber to build a house, then make roads, dig fields etc.. Try to save time.
Do you have any advice on this?
-I'm the type of player who always build too much at the same time. Never destroyed this behaviour-... There are several different type of gameplay, strategies. You build differently a 0/35/60/90/100 min games, build differently when going 3/4/5+ quarries, differently when going 20/30/40+ labourers.
But few basic things may can help to improve your builds part:
-Try to not make more roads at the same time as labourers you have. So you always keep few idle labourers free to hitting houses. Please note ,houses can be built if the plan already have at-least 1 timber.
-Try to reduce the walking time of the labourers. I mean better to build up one side of the village first. You can waste lots of time if building two edges of a growing village and the labours must walk from one edge to another edge and across your village. It may requires a little knowledge about the location you build, some player uses prebuild. Sometimes better to waste a bit more time on one side and delay other productions just to get rid of this left-right/top-bottom walking chaos. This is a frequent topic on locations with larger distance from resources.
-Follow your amount of stone and timber you have available. This way you know when can join the next digged house plan to the road network. Here again, try to not build too much at the same time.
-Check on you need roads or plans and decide based on the amount of resources you have.
-Make sure Labourers are never idle. If can't give them job then let send them to legal scout. :mrgreen:

Bests,

Return to “Strategy Central”