Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Pawel's Campaign Feedback

<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 04 Aug 2014, 22:13

Re: Pawel's Campaign Feedback

Well pawel is working on fixing the campaigns, not me. Also I didn't come across any "errors" like that in black's city, so it might be fixed already.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Aug 2014, 11:12

Removed.
!MODBREAK: Be more polite from now on, please. People don't take well to such comments.
Last edited by Michalpl on 05 Aug 2014, 18:47, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Aug 2014, 17:49

Cleaned the topic. Let's do things a bit more politely now, okay?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 27 Aug 2014, 08:27

In release candidate 2 r6547:

mission 14: The green AI in the right bottom corner eventually builds outside it's own towers while there is plenty room inside his base.

mission 15: The AI in the right bottom corner only builds a small settlement.
off course this could be as intended right now as a hotfix.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 27 Aug 2014, 13:10

Mission 14 looks terrible like now. You could easily shoot all serfs out that go to these buildings without entering their town.

Lewin, is there a way to fix it for me or is that a job for you with the AI Building system?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 27 Aug 2014, 13:40

mission 14: The green AI in the right bottom corner eventually builds outside it's own towers while there is plenty room inside his base.
Mission 14 looks terrible like now. You could easily shoot all serfs out that go to these buildings without entering their town.

Lewin, is there a way to fix it for me or is that a job for you with the AI Building system?
Currently it's hard to control where the AI will build. We might need to add a way to prevent the AI building in certain areas through the script or map editor. I'll add that to the todo list.
mission 15: The AI in the right bottom corner only builds a small settlement.
off course this could be as intended right now as a hotfix.
This is because the AI's storehouse contains a lot of wares already. The AI builder will only produce what it needs, so if it detects that it has enough food it will not make food production (unless the food runs out). @Pawel: Maybe you could reduce the starting wares for this AI so they build a bigger village?
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 27 Aug 2014, 13:43

Yeah. Something like a radius (How it is with defence positions) should be enough for now. This way you can set the middle of this circle somewhere in the city, so the circle ends inside the city :D
Another option is a boundary with x,y coordiantes, so you can set exactly where the AI has to build (not only a circle would be possible then), but I guess that could bring new problems, like a road that would go to a house, but the house won´t be build because it´s beyond the boundary :lol:

About Mission 15: I could do that, but is it really needed? As far as I remember in the original game/campaign there was never a HUGE city also. This small village was only about to produce more Troops later on. This way you could "try" to rush this village quite fast, before it gets an own Weaponproduction.
However it´s your decision. In my opinion it´s fine. It should look like there is one small village infront of the big city (All 3 black players should look like one big player). So this one farm, stables and the ironbuildings look quite sweet for me :mrgreen:

EDIT: I just found another thing in this mission. I am not sure, but I think in the original game it looked "cooler", so there were never mixed groups like axefighters connected with swordmen. Xbows connected to Bowmen.

It doesn´t look good and I found that right now in this mission, because there is acutaly a player that makes leather AND iron troops :P

<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 27 Aug 2014, 18:01

I will take the next 2 days a bit time, where I will focus for a few hours on fixing these bugs. I plan to "livestream" that procdure also. It´s nothing interesting probably for most of you, but maybe someone want to give me a hint, what I have to look up in the code for example or give me a reminder in chat, if I should forget a bug on the map I´m currently working on :mrgreen:
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 27 Aug 2014, 19:40

I will take the next 2 days a bit time, where I will focus for a few hours on fixing these bugs. I plan to "livestream" that procdure also. It´s nothing interesting probably for most of you, but maybe someone want to give me a hint, what I have to look up in the code for example or give me a reminder in chat, if I should forget a bug on the map I´m currently working on :mrgreen:
I'll be there, just let me know when you'll start on steam :wink:
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 27 Aug 2014, 20:11

In Mission 4 of The Peasant rebellion
the 3 npc players on the right (from top till bottom: Yellow(player 4), Yellow(player 6), Green(player2))
They do not have any weapons to produce any fighter units at all.
and far to little leather armor to produce fighters as well.

The Middle yellow(player 6) should go after the Red Players 2nd storehouse first and then after Red himself I believe.
The Green players attacks the brown Ally of red.

At least, that is what happened in the original when I played it a few minutes ago.
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 27 Aug 2014, 21:05

In mission 6 of The Peasant Rebellion

Brown(player 4)
both warehouses belong to the same AI and it only builds what it needs: woodcutter, sawmill, weapon workshop, pig farm, tannery, armory workshop, stables and a school.
It will build them randomly, sometimes it build next to the towers again.

Brown(player 4) should be 2 AI's instead of 1.
the top one should build a settlement, so it should only have starting materials, not 9000 foods
the bottom one should just produce soldiers, so it should have tons of weapon, armor, food and gold and nothing else.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 27 Aug 2014, 22:03

If you follow my Stream, you will get a notification :mrgreen:

Thanks Zombie. I hope I won´t forget to add this on a list somewhere on my PC :P

Both campaigns were "nearly" fixed but new problems came up and I have a big list of TSK bugs up to here. So I will start with them first. It´s possible that your bugs will still apear in the next Release (because in 3 weeks a new exam is waiting for me :D (yes in Germany you write your exams on Universites, when you have "Freetime" (no courses) ) ) :mrgreen:

However can you please tell me on which Version you have found this bug? You can find the Version of the Game in the Mainmenu, in the top right corner, thanks.
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 28 Aug 2014, 06:55

If you follow my Stream, you will get a notification :mrgreen:

Thanks Zombie. I hope I won´t forget to add this on a list somewhere on my PC :P

Both campaigns were "nearly" fixed but new problems came up and I have a big list of TSK bugs up to here. So I will start with them first. It´s possible that your bugs will still apear in the next Release (because in 3 weeks a new exam is waiting for me :D (yes in Germany you write your exams on Universites, when you have "Freetime" (no courses) ) ) :mrgreen:

However can you please tell me on which Version you have found this bug? You can find the Version of the Game in the Mainmenu, in the top right corner, thanks.
I'm going to the Dutch universities this year :D

In release candidate 2 r6547.

I'll probably go over the campaigns again, I remember in mission 14 of TSK that if the black one came to attack, and you defended yourself, that It would summon his defense troops as well.
I'm going to check if that is fixed and more of that.
<<

Necroman

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 07 Sep 2014, 14:59

Hi, I've just discovered the KaM Remake about month ago and as a huge fan of the original game I installed it and yesterday I finished the Shattered Kingdom campaign. Played the v5503 version. Here are some bugs I discovered:

- already mentioned before, there is a huge exploit in the way enemy unit react to my units sneaking around the defenses and destroying the village from behind. I was able to do this trick in several maps (16, 17...) to easily starve the enemy. From what I read it was already fixed.

- in mission 7, this is probably bug in AI, not in the design - if you build Iron forge right next to the second storehouse, that contains lot of iron ore and coal, servs prefer to take the iron ore from my iron mines on the very left and then to the forge, instead of taking the ore from the second storehouse and going just 5 steps to the forge, which is much shorter.

- in mission 8 there is a place where enemy cannot place Iron mine. This should be in my opinion easily fixed, see here:

- in mission 14 enemy AI is unable to build proper village beacause of the trees, see screenshot. This should be already fixed what I read here:

- mission 15, again problem with enemy AI unable to build proper village, no gold, iron coal mine

- mission 20 is really hard, I had to restart it about 10 times before I survived the initial attack. Not sure, if the original game that hard as well?
Last edited by Necroman on 07 Sep 2014, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 07 Sep 2014, 15:12

THese 3 problems with the picture won´t be fixed from my site. TSK08: The AI was in the original game never made to build itself, so there is no ironspot! Maybe you have noticed that it is the "barbarian" mission where all your enemies have only leather and barbarian troops :rolleyes:
TSK14/15: Problem in the ai city builder. Will be fixed maybe if krom and lewin work more on that thing. (Probably already fixed in newest RC).
TSK07: ? If it isn´t a bug with the missions itselves (Color, strange attacks, too hard/too easy, wrong blocked houses, wrong starting troops) then please post it in the official bug topic, you can discuss AI problems, that pop out in every sp mission, there.
You said "should be already fixed". Yeah most of your things are probably aready fixed, but you are playing r5503. r6xxx is the version I´m testing, so tsk20 is fixed in r6xxx also.

Return to “Map Design”