Pawel's Campaign Feedback

<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 30 Mar 2014, 11:17

Re: Pawel's Campaign Feedback

How are you going on, need some more testing, I could gladly help :wink:
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 30 Mar 2014, 14:54

I am still at TSK 12, because the Remake Team has taken a small "break", so I felt also to make a small break, from playing these misions again and again and trying to fix it :P

Thank you Vatrix. Well, I don´t special help right now. If your original TPR is working well on your computer, you could play some missions from TSK 13-20. (I got some more feedback, that tsk20 is quite fair now, but the AI is sometimes behaving still different than in TPR [µSome of these things I can´t fix because it´s a general issue in the AI of the Remake, sorry guys]).

So if you have some free time, you could help me this way, thank you for now. Otherwise I think, you could wait until I will ask for some help in certain missions ;-)

Pawel95

EDIT: Ok, maybe you could play tsk12 :D Is it only me, or there is an initial attack in the Remake from top(purple player) just after the start, but completely no attack in the original TPR? (I remember they attack very late in TPR, I am right? )
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 30 Mar 2014, 15:36

I'll look at it, but I think purple doesn't attack for a really long time, I have to look at it. (Every time I played original TSK12 I killed purple in about ten minutes from start :D )

*edit: As I said, the enemy is not attacking on the start
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 01 Apr 2014, 20:16

So I have to check why he is attacking in the Remake... Strange things :?
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 01 Apr 2014, 20:34

Maybe it's like in single maps, after some release r4??? is attack time set to 0 ? :O
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 02 Apr 2014, 19:45

Maybe it's like in single maps, after some release r4??? is attack time set to 0 ? :O
XD Most(Maybe all) bugs that I found right now in the Remake campaigns, just appeared because of some bugs in the remake itselves. Like colors. The colors aren´t changed in the code or sth similiar(though what I thoguht about, when I saw this the first time :D ). It´s more like the Remake only cares about the minimapcolors. In original tsk campaign the blue enemy had a light blue color on the minimap and dark blue color ingame :mrgreen: Also those bugs with AI attacks like in TSK20 didn´t appear just because someone changed the code, just the Remake works different and if it says

Attack nearest building to X,Y the troops in the Remake behave different than in the original game.

So back to the point: I will watch tomorrow through the code. I think there is a bug that the AI Player needs a certain amount of troops and in the Remake the troops will be counted differently than in the original game (Like "including frontline soldiers" or sth like that) :P
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 05 Jul 2014, 16:00

Once again, I need your help guys.

All Singleplayer Gamers of you: I would need you to test TPR 04 for me in the ORIGINAL Game.

There might be a problem in the Remake version.
You get a message after some min that says "Defend your storehouse" (The extra storehouse on the left).

Now a player played the game in the remake and found out that there is no attack in the newest versions in total (He finished the mission after 2 hours). I myself did a fast test with x300 and got attacked after 4 Hours :P :|

So now it´s up to you. If you can find some free time (I can´t right now, otherwise I would do it myself) and you want to find a challeng XD, then it would be cool when you would play TPR04 in the original game and write a comment here then, when they attacked you.
To guys like cmowla :P : Please don´t try to win this game in like 10 Minutes :lol: As I have spoken with some other guys, they remember that there is a smaller attack on the left storehouse after like 1,5-2 hours. So this should be also your gametime.
(I can´t chek the script, because it´s about "attack when you have enough soldiers"-command, but the time of recruiting might start in the Remake way too late)

It´s not a problem when I won´t find anyone, who wanna play that game. I just try it :P If not, I will test it myself in like 2 weeks

Pawel
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 22 Jul 2014, 20:06

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ib23c ... f/TSK07.7z

Little bit of a bug in TSK 07, pink lance carriers "forget to" attack after a couple of them get killed by the rebels' militia. Also I think the message saying we will be attacked comes a bit late, like when dark blue has already passed the bridge :D
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

zombie01

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 23 Jul 2014, 06:31

TSK In mission 9,14,15,16 the AI gets stuck building.

mission 14:
http://i.imgur.com/qE0WLoC
http://i.imgur.com/Zopujae

mission 15:
http://imgur.com/miIE1v5

mission 16:
http://imgur.com/miIE1v5,aglFaWN#1
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 23 Jul 2014, 09:08

This problem is solved in newer versions of Remake, it's not perfect, but AI builds it's village ;)
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 23 Jul 2014, 11:33

I will take a look over these reports in this weekend. Like Vatrix said probably the AI-Village thing is already fixed, Bence´s bug isn´t fixed for sure.
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 03 Aug 2014, 18:18

Mission 14 remove not connected roads

Mission 15 fixed in rc 1 because of no stone AI get upgraded to ignore blocked quarry

Mission 16 fixed in rc 1
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 03 Aug 2014, 19:29

Some commentary about fixed missions:
Tested in r61??

TSK04
- i think it will be better to decrease amount of players 2 and 3 serfs, because they're just standing next to the barracks
- when player 3 is attacked he send all his troops to defend in TSK not

TSK05
- better to decrease blue players serfs, because they're just standing in the city for no reason
- i think in TSK blue enemy started to make soldiers a bit sooner
- maybe add some iron wares to warehouse, because blue enemy is not making as much iron soldiers as in TSK (in remake just about 60), because of low mineble iron resources

TSK06
- purple axes doesn't attack yellow lances, but players 1 army all the way down

TSK07
- imo is better to set recruit timer of player 2 to 0 like it was in original, because without it is to easy to defeat him (and so set first AI attack time to 1:45)
- in original player 2 didn't attack with every soldier in the city in remake he do (it is harder to kill him now, but it is not according to TSK

TSK08
- again too much serfs for player 3 (maybe thats the solution for traffic jams there?)
- decrease amout of players 2 serfs, but not as much as for player 3
- maybe block walking at the top of gold mountain in north, because in remake enemy ranged can shoot my gold mines, i think in TSK not
- you decreased barbs too much imo, now i can defeat first attack almost without towers (with 6 towers i lost only about 7 axes, without them 8 barbs survived attack)
- enemy attack are really easy to defend, player 3 sent about 18 militia and player 2 only 32 soldiers (maybe increase amout of soldiers sent and set first attack of player 2 to 1:40 and player 3 to 1:55 (i think it took so much time for AI to attack in TSK, but attacks were destructive)
- players 2 defence is too agressive, when i attack him he send like whole city

TSK 12
- purple enemy did not attack at start in TSK (don't know how they attacked, every time killed them with initial army :D), in remake the do
- purple attacks are so weak, you can defend yourself for 2 hours just with initial army (first attack was the strongest, then just some lances and then a few horses, next 13 lances and then 20 axes and some bows? needs to encrease that amount!)
- green is good, but he is not making as much soldiers as in TSK (and i never seen in TSK that players army was behind the towers, he was every time in his city)
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 04 Aug 2014, 09:11

@Vatrix:
TSK 08
- maybe block walking at the top of gold mountain in north, because in remake enemy ranged can shoot my gold mines, i think in TSK not
- you decreased barbs too much imo, now i can defeat first attack almost without towers (with 6 towers i lost only about 7 axes, without them 8 barbs survived attack)
TSK 12
- purple enemy did not attack at start in TSK (don't know how they attacked, every time killed them with initial army :D), in remake the do
They did shoot gold mines from over the mountain.
As I remember, brown had something like 60 barbarians attacking after 8 minutes, and I think it matches the Remake's numbers. Don't complain about the difficulty, in the original game it used to be far easier (not that it would be hard now) :D
Regarding TSK 12, iirc even green attacked at start (in the Remake they don't), not only purple, but of course it was easier to defeat them cuz the ranged troops went for the buildings and didn't change aim when you engaged on them.

Found a bug in TSK 14:

Green shouldn't build anything there, and I think it's kinda pointless for him to build anything, since he has everything he needs (weapon production).
Also I find it quite unfair that green's troops have such a big defence radius that I can't even defend my own city at 1 hours (when they attack first, after 0:59:50), because all his troops will attack me (it might be just me that I lost that fight but I fell so much back cuz of the 40 starting timber and zero cuttable trees at start haha :D). Imo it will cause problems to many players, the attack itself is okay, but the "follow up" isn't. Those towers you can see on the minimap were built after that attack.

EDIT: Nevermind, just read what pawel wrote regarding that story. :$
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 04 Aug 2014, 18:19

@Vatrix:
TSK 08
TSK 12
They did shoot gold mines from over the mountain.
As I remember, brown had something like 60 barbarians attacking after 8 minutes, and I think it matches the Remake's numbers. Don't complain about the difficulty, in the original game it used to be far easier (not that it would be hard now) :D
Regarding TSK 12, iirc even green attacked at start (in the Remake they don't), not only purple, but of course it was easier to defeat them cuz the ranged troops went for the buildings and didn't change aim when you engaged on them.

Found a bug in TSK 14:

Green shouldn't build anything there, and I think it's kinda pointless for him to build anything, since he has everything he needs (weapon production).
Also I find it quite unfair that green's troops have such a big defence radius that I can't even defend my own city at 1 hours (when they attack first, after 0:59:50), because all his troops will attack me (it might be just me that I lost that fight but I fell so much back cuz of the 40 starting timber and zero cuttable trees at start haha :D). Imo it will cause problems to many players, the attack itself is okay, but the "follow up" isn't. Those towers you can see on the minimap were built after that attack.

EDIT: Nevermind, just read what pawel wrote regarding that story. :$
Bence please this mission need to be fixed or fix it by your self just remove not connected roads.

Return to “Map Design”