Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

New 2 players campaign - Co-op Knights

<<

Emotion 98.3

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 06 Mar 2016, 18:30

New 2 players campaign - Co-op Knights

Here is a campaign that has 11 missions for two players. The campaign is inspired by The Shattered Kingdom. The missions become more difficult continuously but it is possible to get through all the missions. Each mission has target times: bronze, silver and gold. All missions include building. (H)

Missions:
mission 1.jpg
mission 2.jpg
mission 3.jpg
mission 4.jpg
mission 5.jpg
mission 6.jpg
mission 7.jpg
mission 8.jpg
mission 9.jpg
mission 10.jpg
mission 11.jpg

Download:
Co-op Knights -Campaign.zip
- Add missions to C:\KaM Remake\MapsMP
- You can find missions in "Co-operative Map"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Emotion 98.3 on 20 Jul 2016, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 06 Mar 2016, 20:07

Re: New 2 players campaign - Co-op Knights

Oh boy. Playing two or more player co-op missions solo is my kind of game. (See my Northern Islands I and Invasion replays in my signature.)

I will definitely give this a try once I get around to playing KaM again and after I beat TSK 20 in 3 minutes and 59 seconds (well, maybe 4 minutes and 30 seconds is a more realistic goal...).
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Lord Dan

Recruit

Post 29 May 2016, 15:23

Awesome - can't wait to try it in the near future when I have time too I hope - hopefully will be well suitable to play with my girlfriend.

She is somehow pro at Age of Empires 2 and can even beat me most of the time. (I never played it much but hundreds of other games)
<<

FatheriatorCZ

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 29 May 2016, 17:41

Oh boy. Playing two or more player co-op missions solo is my kind of game. (See my Northern Islands I and Invasion replays in my signature.)

I will definitely give this a try once I get around to playing KaM again and after I beat TSK 20 in 3 minutes and 59 seconds (well, maybe 4 minutes and 30 seconds is a more realistic goal...).
And you my friend are what kind of wizard ?
:D
I cant get under 20-30 minutes :D
<<

Emotion 98.3

Farmer

Post 02 Jun 2016, 18:51

Has someone completed this campaign yet? What do you think? :)
<<

XxXTheProMatiXxX

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 20 Jul 2016, 12:40

I have done missions 1,2,4,5,9 and almost 3. Those maps are so cool :D but the rest of them looks too hard. Have you complete all of those missions ?:o In many places, area is too flat and decorations are missing like trees or stones. Locations aren't balanced .For example i have more gold ore to mine or place to build then my friend.
EDIT: 8,7 missions done :D
Edit2: 3 mission done :) Only 10,11 x.x Theye are too hard...
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 09 Aug 2016, 01:38

I just beat mission 11 in 7 hours 18 minutes and 14 seconds (in single player). So I missed the gold award by about 8 minutes. :rolleyes:

This was my first try, and I did this in five different settings over a period of 3 days!

So it's possible to beat it, and beat it in gold reward time, although I got gold with a bit of a silver blemish this time.
cmowla Co-op Knights 11.zip
The replay is broken, but I recorded my play. I will work on editing out the instances when I reloaded saves and upload a video showing my "LIVE" play.

@Emotion 98.3,
Very good map! I had A LOT OF FUN playing this map. I haven't had this much fun since Vatrix's "Two Sides" map!

If you have specific questions for me, please ask!

I will now work on the video...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
<<

Emotion 98.3

Farmer

Post 10 Aug 2016, 13:01

Nice to hear that you have liked the mission I made. :D I haven't thought that the mission 11 can be played through as single-player and almost with the gold-time. Have you tried other missions? I have played all missions through with friend in the gold-time and the field 11 was completed after 7 hours, 6 minutes and 15 seconds. (H) I really want to see a replay of your game!

PS. My favorite missions are 10 and 11. I spent almost 30 hours making and testing the two fields...
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 11 Aug 2016, 22:20

Nice to hear that you have liked the mission I made. :D I haven't thought that the mission 11 can be played through as single-player and almost with the gold-time.
Sure it's possible. See my Northern Islands I replay. Northern Islands I Co-op in 1.71 hours (and read the posts which came before it as well). :wink:
Have you tried other missions?
I tried mission 1, but didn't finish it. Since you mentioned #10 is also one of your favorites, I will be sure to try it the next time I casually play KaM.
I have played all missions through with friend in the gold-time and the field 11 was completed after 7 hours, 6 minutes and 15 seconds. (H) I really want to see a replay of your game!
Here it is!

EDIT:
See a full-working replay of my second try (in time 04:20:37) in this post.
cmowla Co-op Knights 11.zip
PS. My favorite missions are 10 and 11. I spent almost 30 hours making and testing the two fields...
That's it? I thought it would be more! Although, as you will see in my "replay", there are several town defense issues. However, most players don't play like me that you need a map-maker like Andreus to make a flawless (to my knowledge/in my opinion) AI map (I speak of Northern Islands I, for example).

I still rank Northern Islands 1 much harder than this mission, although this mission wins on the duration of time required to complete for sure.
Last edited by cmowla on 24 Aug 2016, 11:22, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 18 Aug 2016, 11:22

I'm also playing this with a friend and we got gold time on missions 1-5. Preparing for mission 6 :wink:. But as someone who has a lot of experience with KaM AI, I coudln't have overlooked some mistakes in AI static scripting (AI settings in MapED), like in mission 4 AI does not have "AI Starting Position" set, so all attacks were going on left village's top-left house. You can fix this for example by setting AI attacks to "Closest to Army" or by placing "AI Starting Position" to a place where you wan't AI to start attacking. Maybe we can consult this and I can revise your missions to make them more polished.

Anyway, thanks for this campaign. It is certainly something new, which has made me go back to KaM Remake for a while :)
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 18 Aug 2016, 21:59

I just completed mission 10 in 06:17:54. Bronze. (Missed the silver by 7 minutes.) :$
cmowla Co-op Knights 10.zip
The replay is broken again, but I recorded my play. Does anyone want me to make a video?

My thoughts on this map
EXCELLENT. This mission is harder to complete quickly in single player when compared to mission 11. Mission 11 was straight-forward. With this map, things are all over the place! My head was spinning doing this by myself: my ally got killed early in the game and was absolutely NO help to me at all.

I assume that you rank this mission second hardest because of the abundance of resources, but the sophistication of this map surpasses mission 11's.

I can see why you also like this map. It's a masterpiece!! I'm speechless.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 19 Aug 2016, 10:16

The replay is broken
Why your replays are always broken?? Is that a bug? :?
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 19 Aug 2016, 13:08

Why your replays are always broken?? Is that a bug? :?
I thought it had to solely do with reloading saves, but with all of the Co-op knights maps that I have played, Vatrix's "Two Sides" map, and others, the replay breaks even if saves are not reloaded. Therefore I assume the scripts are breaking the replays, because it's the only common denominator.

Perhaps you don't encounter replay breaks that often because you play multiplayer in which, for the most part, don't have scripted AI?
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 19 Aug 2016, 20:33

Perhaps you don't encounter replay breaks that often because you play multiplayer in which, for the most part, don't have scripted AI?
Well, it's true, I use to play without any AIs, and maybe with minimal script for the classical buildorder only. So found a bug? :wink:
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 19 Aug 2016, 20:36

Well, it's true, I use to play without any AIs, and maybe with minimal script for the classical buildorder only. So found a bug? :wink:
Lewin and Krom (and others) have known about this "replay breaking bug" for a while now. We can't seem to put a finger on the cause of the problem.

Return to “Map Design”