Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

The Federation of Neryn [Campaign]

<<

Vas

Rogue

Post 01 May 2013, 11:42

Re: The Federation of Neryn [Campaign]

Of cause you can win this.. You must use the castle walls as tactical position.
I just played the mission. In attachment is a replay ;)
I was willing to make this campaign suitable for the mass. The missions are demanding, but no one is hard like Stuck in the Middle or something like that.

supamanxd from the german forum will record german briefing audio files now
pawel will translate into polish and will also record briefings :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 01 May 2013, 12:19

Thanks for replay Vas. Of course you know the maps and attacks very well, but even you was very close to defeat there ;)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Vas

Rogue

Post 01 May 2013, 12:23

yeah, thats true... maybe I need some more feedback, I cant judge the difficulty very well. what about including it to the next RC and then making a little feedback-based update.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 01 May 2013, 18:20

Including them into next RC would be great. I played it in the Remake, but the "old/unfixed" version(which I self transformed for the remake). At this time the missions were all good balanced, some were really hard but fair. Maybe the difficutly changed, the biggest problem could be the shield patch, because I remember in some missions many Knights from the enemy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: But without testing its just a consideration.

Pawel95
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 02 May 2013, 01:50

This campaign will be included in the next RC, but the next RC might not be ready for a week or so (we still have a bit left on the todo list and I don't have a lot of free time at the moment because of university)
<<

krisdw

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 03 May 2013, 14:58

Very exciting that this will be included in the next release! Are there also plans to include The Dark Lord's campaigns? The New Lands and I believe he also made a sequal to it which I haven't played yet.
<<

ChrisEggII

Sword Fighter

Post 03 May 2013, 15:11

It would be a bit difficult, because this campaign was made for KaM:TPR and can be incompatible to remake. Probably my nephew will have to change something before including this.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 03 May 2013, 15:13

Very exciting that this will be included in the next release! Are there also plans to include The Dark Lord's campaigns? The New Lands and I believe he also made a sequal to it which I haven't played yet.
Only if The Dark Lord wants it. The campaign would probably need some testing and adjustment to work in the Remake, unlike The Federation of Neryn which was designed specifically for the Remake.
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 03 May 2013, 15:23

Hey,

I am at mission 10 atm (Skipped mission 5 and 6 because the Remake said that you have made a mistake with scripting. "Unknown identifier "UNITDIRECTION"" as I remember). And I want to give a bit of feedback :P So let me start:

Mission 1: There is not much to say, at first I thought I will get some troops from nowhere and have to fight :D
Mission 2: It was insanely hard, but I managed to win it after 10 tries or so. I wonder that the most difficult is mission 2, not the later ones o.O
Mission 3: It wasn't so difficult, I have easily managed to win, only thing that is a bit bothering is that we are low on gold. It's still winnable. (I want to mention that the game crashed like 50 times in the last 30 minutes of gameplay... @devs: sorry for that crashreport spam ><)
Mission 4: Nicely done, I had to retry it once, then I won it with ease.
Mission 5: -Mistake in script, haven't played yet-
Mission 6: -Mistake in script, haven't played yet-
Mission 7: Nice for a movie, but I think it's not good to make a mission in which the player can't do anything but has to watch his city burnt down by enemies (the same goes for mission 1 though). I think you could record it and put between the missions like in TSK and TPR. It is a nice idea, just the thing I mentioned above :D
Mission 8: Wow, awesome idea. I think that it is really good for a mission, but with shorter time limit. I still had over 25 minutes when I won it :)
Mission 9: Too many knights! :) Maybe if we had 70-75% of that amount, it would be a better challenge.
Mission 10: Still in progress, it looks nice overall :)

As for the map design, the maps look beautiful. Good work :) Sorry if I have misnumbered the missions, I don't really remember them :$ xD

@krisdw:
There is a sequel to TNL, here you go :)
http://lewin.hodgman.id.au/kam/index.ph ... ission=100
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 03 May 2013, 16:22

If Krom and Lewin like to include it, then eventually it will be included. But not before I've made some radical changes to it. :P
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 04 May 2013, 00:40

If Krom and Lewin like to include it, then eventually it will be included. But not before I've made some radical changes to it. :P
We would like to include more campaigns in the future to give singleplayer more depth. But we only want to include it if you are happy with it, and it would need to be tested/fixed to work in the Remake. A map would also be cool to have.

@Bence791: The script errors are probably because Vas designed the campaign to use some script commands which haven't been implemented yet (he requested them). Try those missions again when the 3rd RC comes out :)
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 04 May 2013, 11:50

Mission 2: It was insanely hard, but I managed to win it after 10 tries or so. I wonder that the most difficult is mission 2, not the later ones o.O
Yeah I agree. I haven´t played all missions now, because I want to do it completly in next RC. However I have tried some misions with x10 speed and I must say that Bence is right. Normaly each KaM Campaign has his hardest mission in the last 1/4 of all missions. In your campaign is the 2nd one the hardest :-) So you could maybe make one of the last 3 missions harder,because like Bence also said its a nice challange when the player must do be better and better to survive :-)
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 06 May 2013, 13:33

I am done with the Hungarian translation, I sent the files via PM :)
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Vas

Rogue

Post 06 May 2013, 20:42

Thanks for feedback!
It is nice to read the positv things about it. Nice maps and so on.. How do you guys like the new background image? :)
I made mission 2 a bit easier, player gets more knights, the enemy fewer swordman. It needs further tests later..
Interesting is, that the TPR version was MUCH harder. The fighting system is very different in Remake, isnt it?

Yeah you cant play mission 5 & 6 yet, because States.UnitDirection isnt included in RC2. But I tell you mission 6 is the pioneer of modern KaM xD .. maybe not, but it is the most modified mission. if you wanna play it yet you must delete the UnitDirection commands in .script file. it is only a visual thing, it works without it

Thank you bence!
I have send the translation to Lewin.

I wanna show which members are involved to this project:
- ralle -> english translation
- supamanxd (german forum) -> german speaker (dunno if it will be finished to the next release)
antorax -> background music for german briefings
- pawel -> polish translation, maybe polish speaker later
- bence -> hungarian translation

still looking for:
- english speaker
- translators to all remaining in remake supported languages
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 06 May 2013, 21:05