Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Huggles map - The North, the East and the West!

<<

Huggles

Woodcutter

Post 05 Jul 2013, 12:45

Huggles map - The North, the East and the West!

Hello there!

Since there is a little lack of 3 player maps (1v1v1) I decided to make my own! This is my very first map, so don't be too harsh please :)

I tried to balance all the resources, even tho you should have a surplus of everything anyways! The map can also be played with 6 players, creating a 2v2v2 game!

Please post constructive feedback please :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 05 Jul 2013, 13:05

Re: Huggles map - The North, the East and the West!

As for the first sight, it doesn't look bad, good job :)
The things I have noticed:
-Your coal looks ugly in places and you have put trees on it.
-Your mountains' edges look artificial in some places (many too long straight lines).
-Please take a look at loc1, you have put these "huge pine trees", which are uncuttable. Replace them with other pine trees ;)

And it is 2v2v2 after all, isn't it?
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Huggles

Woodcutter

Post 05 Jul 2013, 13:09

I was missing a map which you could play with 3 people and still have a balanced game :) This map provides that option, while also giving the option to do it with more if you prefer!

I look into your feedback now!
<<

Huggles

Woodcutter

Post 05 Jul 2013, 13:34

There you go! V2!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 05 Jul 2013, 21:12

Hm... good fixes :)

Let me continue
Your coal looks ugly in places
Well, in all places. Let me guess: You have made your map with Krom's map editor, right? It kinda reminds me the old KaM maps with such style of coalfields :D

For example, how it looks in a place:

And how it should be (but can be different, ofc):

See the difference? :) You can make much smoother coal fields with tiles, not brushes, it'll take more time, but the output is definately better.

Tbh I'm not a skilled mapmaker, there are people who can make nicer ones than me.

Also, you don't use the "Magic water" tool, thus way your water flows in all directions. You can find it in Krom's editor (I don't know exactly where), or in the Remake's editor, on the "Tiles" tab under the "Terrain editing" menu. You need to click on the water with it and it will flow straight in 1 direction.

Btw, good amount of starting resources ;)
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Jul 2013, 21:25

If you are looking for maps to play 1v1v1 but don't care if the map supports >3 players, than you could also play Wilderness (Don't use location use locations 1,2,3 for this) or Golden Cliffs (any setup works, as long as locations 4 and 3 aren't both being used. 2+5 kinda clash, too).

As for your map, I haven't actually downloaded it yet, but from what I see I can agree with what Bence says about the coal fields. Also, campers might have an easy time defending the narrow passages.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Huggles

Woodcutter

Post 06 Jul 2013, 00:11

I'll most certainly take this feedback seriously and start working on improvement ;)

Return to “Map Design”