Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Sado's scripts and maps

<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 26 Mar 2014, 00:29

Re: Sado's scripts and maps

Added a new 1v1 special map, Desert Conquest. Script is very similar to The Conquest, except that you cannot capture buildings - you need to destroy the enemy ones instead. Map and (obviously) script were both done by me. I'm waiting for feedback on both visuals and balance/gameplay.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 26 Mar 2014, 05:36

My favorite tactical mission so far. I love fighting in that desert! :D
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 19 Jun 2014, 12:06

DANCE OF DEATH

Screenshot: Image
Download: kamrepos/map.php?id=156

A desert/wasteland themed 8 player map, designed for annoying gameplay. Locations are mirrored and balanced in pairs. I tried to replicate Rich Land's way of all the locations having a theme/idea. Per each team, there is a:
-bigger location with resources in every direction (1 and 8)
-most powerful location with lots of iron but a bit strange space management (2 and 7)
-location which seems so small and vulnerable that it's pointless to play it - not to mention how easy it is to screw up gold here! (3 and 6), and finally
-the idea that started the whole map: 2 island locations (4 and 5), very small and closed off, but big enough to maintain a minimalistic base.

We tested the map a couple of times on Teamspeak. The problem is, each time the bottom team won because in most of those games Romek preferred to play there :P (and as you know, winning over Romek ain't usually easy) - the opportunity to attack the bottom side was never tested properly so I can't know if it's possible to attack location 6 as easily as location 3. However it shouldn't be that hard judging by the looks.
Speaking about the looks, I tried to create a map which on top would look colorful and happy, while the bottom would look like a wasteland. Well, for those that want to judge the result... there is no way to make a wasteland map in KaM, I am afraid :P There might be some things that need fixing, but after staring for a long time I cannot spot any more myself. But since sado made this map, it's 100% sure that it looks very bad, so I am waiting eagerly for detailed responses from whoever cares enough to give me some feedback :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sado1 on 19 Jun 2014, 17:32, edited 2 times in total.
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 19 Jun 2014, 14:29

good looking map :> it will be pleasure to spect :D
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 13 Jul 2014, 16:53

I decided to update the least interesting of my maps. New Space Invaders with quite a big update is available here: http://knightsandmerchants.net/forum/ka ... php?id=107 Biggest feature - bonuses (6 kinds of them), now the mode seems much more interesting. I also updated the waves (now there are 21 waves, half of them with scouts and half with knights as main unit, plus 2 extra waves at the end... :) ) I might've forgot about some features at the moment... I need more testing of this map (can I count on you, guys?), I am not sure if the difficulty level is right. There also might be some bugs, I eliminated the worst of them with some help of Tiank (and RandomLyrics? :P) - thanks. Invaders must die!
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 26 Jul 2014, 12:30

Another big update for my singleplayer map Space Invaders is here: kamrepos/map.php?id=107
New features etc.:
-lives
-"new life" bonus
-sounds for bonuses - thanks to Tiank for them! (volume might need to be rebalanced once we've got a new Remake, due to its bug)
-lots of bugfixes, again thanks to Tiank who helped me a lot with testing
-now builders (and all other units at bottom) get respawned on each new round (or life loss), so they won't die of hunger (or of arrow)
-visual enhancements
This map should be feature complete now. You should be able to play it and even have fun :P
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 05 Aug 2014, 13:00

Small update to Desert Conquest - fixed overlay not working properly, and added all the stuff AI needs to pretend to be intelligent (defence lines and attack rules). Note: AI can't micro so don't expect it to do wonders :P It's fun to watch AI vs AI fights nevertheless :P and for some weaker players it might be a good alternative to playing against a human. kamrepos/map.php?id=127
Also, all 3 Conquest maps got a tiny update of making the description LIBX-based. This means that everyone will be able to see the description/rules of the gamemode in the lobby in their native language, which surely will help in adoption of this map on public servers. (I hope so :) ) Why did I say "all 3", though? I decided to upload the 8P version of original The Conquest, maybe it will be of some use for somebody while we are waiting for a proper 4v4 version made from scratch (work is in progress). 6P kamrepos/map.php?id=108 8P kamrepos/map.php?id=167
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 10 Aug 2014, 19:28

About Desert Conquest, haven't you thought about changing it's name? Right now it's misleading for me, that it has "Conquest" part in it, since gameplay is a bit different than in original Conquest...
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 10 Aug 2014, 22:09

My aim is to make a Conquest map for each player count: 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4. The gameplay differs because classic Conquest gameplay isn't possible in 1v1. It was way too fast that way, so I decided to make a comeback more possible by forcing players to destroy buildings if they want to cripple enemy's army count. But I see it as balancing, not as changing the gamemode entirely, since everything else (frontline fights) seems really similar to classic Conquest.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 11 Aug 2014, 06:46

I agree with sado: no name changing is needed. It still feels like conquest to me. In fact, it feels even more like conquest with all the destruction going around. :)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 11 Aug 2014, 07:19

But I see it as balancing, not as changing the gamemode entirely, since everything else (frontline fights) seems really similar to classic Conquest.
I didn't write, that game mode was changed entirely, just a little bit :). But you're right, changing a name is not necessary, it's still Conquest.

Just an idea about 2v2 Conquest map. Maybe try to make it playable top vs bottom and left vs right? Without changing capturable buildings placement, so gameplay is gonna be different depending on chosen sides. Also, one building given from start could change, something like one player on each side owns Stable when playing top vs bottom or owns Iron Smithy when playing left vs right.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 11 Aug 2014, 07:34

The map is already in progress and I cannot guarantee two map configurations will be possible, but I think the author will surely read your post and maybe he will find a way to do it. :P

(the author wants to remain anonymous. I think he wants at least. xD)

As for the starting building change, it is a good idea. I don't know tho how will I make this map balanced, the general idea will probably become something between 1v1 and 3v3 Conquests.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 18 Aug 2014, 07:42

Oh no. Will we also see "Conquest Cube"with 8vs8 players then? I'm afraid :mrgreen:
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 29 Sep 2014, 12:02

Small update to Dance of Death. Some visual improvements (it still looks like crap tho), changes on loc6 (swapped gold and iron to make building there more sane, added slightly more space for towers), locs 1 and 8 got slightly bigger entrances (nobody really used those areas to attack before), a try to change the battlefield near location 6 to make flanking more possible. I split location 1's gold - the old mountain has 200 instea of 280 now, while the "new" mountain (the one near the iron, it was empty before) has 80. I also changed location 5, which got quite some complaints about the wood, stone and coal/iron being in an awkward place. Now stone is right near storehouse, and both mountains are accessible at once if you build the stonemasons right way. First trees are on the way to the iron, so it's slightly easier to get there. Overall, I think I managed to change this location to be much similar to loc 4, the way it was intended to be.

Anti, please delete the older screenshot in the repos (dod-small2.jpg) if you're reading this. Lewin, I hope you will update the map for me in time for the next release :)
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 28 Apr 2015, 10:23

delete
Last edited by sado1 on 28 Apr 2015, 20:49, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Map Design”