Mini Games

<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 10 Aug 2013, 22:38

Re: Mini Games

Hey Skypper,

I have begun studying the original script, and I have added a clock for starters (in hours:minuts:seconds). The line of text that I have to display the clock (along with the wave number and number of points) is:
Actions.OverlayTextSet (-1, 'Points: '+IntToStr(nPoints0)+'|Wave '+IntToStr(nWave+1)+'|Time: '+IntToStr(States.GameTime DIV 36000)+':'+IntToStr((States.GameTime DIV 600)-60*(States.GameTime DIV 36000))+':'+IntToStr((States.GameTime DIV 10)-60*(States.GameTime DIV 600)));

If you need a tool to help you convert States.GameTime to hours, minutes, seconds, if you have Mathematica, then this is the code I wrote:

x = 900 (n); Print[
StringJoin["Time: ", ToString[Floor[x/36000]], ":",
ToString[Floor[x/600] - 60*Floor[x/36000]], ":",
ToString[Floor[x/10] - 60*Floor[x/600]]]]
, where n is >=1.

OR, you can use this link to get the time in list form {hours,minutes,seconds} if you don't have Mathematica.
I substitute 1 for n in this example
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i={F ... 00*%281%29
so you can use that to translate the exact time enemy troops are created for any point in the script.

I must reemphasize that I am studying the original file version, but you made a big mistake in both the new version and the original one (DON'T DELETE THE ORIGINAL VERSION!...just upload a new one).

Most but not all crossbowman enemy groups starting from wave 040 onward do not get created because you passed 16 as the argument for the facing direction (as you know, the range is from 0-7). Since you passed 4 for all other groups (so that they face the south), I passed 4 for these crossbowmen groups so that they would be created. So for those who beat passed the 40th wave, you haven't actually seen all of the troops Skyyper meant to put in!

The following analysis includes these ungenerated groups of crossbowmen...when I replaced the argument 16 with 4.

Again, for the original version (which I am going to attempt to win the SP), I have done some analysis on the total number of troops and the total number of possible points (assuming you kill all troops without letting them die from hunger).

To be absolutely sure that these results were correct, I wrote a program in Mathematica to help me.

Total: 9669 enemy troops, 45773 possible points

Next to each troop type below is (total number)(number of points each are worth)

Militia(39)(1)
Axefighters(110)(2)
Swordfighters(2030)(5)
Bowman(98)(1)
Crossbowman(1417)(3)
Lancecarriers(30)(2)
Pikemen(2075)(3)
Scouts(190)(3)
Knights(2080)(7)
Barbarians(1460)(6)
Warriors(140)(6)

I have also kept up with the number of points comes from all 59 (remember I am studying the version without the 26th wave, but I don't see how it would affect the difficulty that much despite that it's not there).

Here is a graph I made in Microsoft Excel which displays the difficulty based solely on the number of points the generated enemy troops are worth in each and every wave.

Those are the facts.

I am going to also see how many weapons are given to me and the number of recruits (I have already documented them, but I haven't finished it yet).

Despite how TDL said that the difficulty increases too fast (with the original version), you can see from the graph above, you did OK). Perhaps wave 29 is an outlier, but it's interesting that wave 60 (2380 points) is almost twice as hard as wave 45 (1265 points)!
Last edited by cmowla on 13 Dec 2013, 03:40, edited 1 time in total.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 11 Aug 2013, 02:52

It's great to see all this stuff happening with scripts!

@cmowla: Here's a hint: You might find the operator "mod" useful in time calculations (gives you the remainder of a division). For example:

Hours := Time div 36000;
Mins := (Time div 600) mod 60;
Secs := (Time div 10) mod 60;

That's much simpler than the formulae you used:

Hours := Time DIV 36000;
Mins := (Time DIV 600)-60*(Time DIV 36000);
Secs := (Time DIV 10)-60*(Time DIV 600);

They should both give the same result. I hope that helps :)
<<

Skypper

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 11 Aug 2013, 09:20

@ cmowla i really appreciate your help :)

I didn't noticed that a big part of the xbows looked at 16
i have added your clock and fixed the "16" problem (newest version not yet uploaded)

I don't know if you have seen my newest version, but i have deleted some enemy troops and add some recruits to the player.
and thx for the graph :)
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 11 Aug 2013, 11:33

My new map is out!
pls comment what you think of it

- Beginning map maker -
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 12 Aug 2013, 05:58

For the original solo version (of course, I edited the script to generate all xbowmen groups >= wave 40, and I put in the clock, etc.), I omitted the 4 generating locations to the east, used saves, and I still didn't win. Wave 56 was my last. Of course, through wave 55, only 3 of the 4 group generating locations to the east were active (the fourth would become active on the 56th wave), so I basically eliminated 3 groups instead of 4 for the time that I lasted.

17434 points.

This of course doesn't count since I omitted the 4 groups which would have come from the east, but it is my official resignation. I ran out of men and weapons to keep up. I'm sure if I tried it again, I could get a little further, but I just doubt I could last all 60 waves even with the four generating points to the east elliminated (and using saves). My mouth started to drop at wave 51. I don't know if it is humanly possible for me to click fast enough to keep up, even if I had the resources.

The replay doesn't work all the way through, so I can't see how to improve without just starting over. :rolleyes:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 12 Aug 2013, 10:41

I have played your new map to the end. My opinion:

Good. The map is not bad, but the room given for the player is pretty little (I couldn't position my soldiers that recruiting more wouldn't join any of the existing groups immediately). I love this random spawning script (still it's easy to take out the archers without letting them reach my base :p I guess it would be impossible to prevent the player from killing them off tho)! Anyway could you tell me what do I get by achieving the achievements? I couldn't notice anything :$ It should be 100 waves long :p
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 12 Aug 2013, 11:34

yes the castle is very close to the troops, i thought about to move it up.
i thought about giving recruits or weapons for the achievements, but for now you get nothing for them, they are just for fun.
there will more waves come ;) don't worie

and i noticed to day that the KaMRandomI isn't random :(
he still spawn the troops every time on the same spot, the only difference is that you cant see it if you look at the script
in one of the first waves there will come 4 militia from that little island left.
but this works better than my previous script

@cmowla
i couldn't watch your whole replay because of a bug.
but very nice done
i didn't thought that it was even possible to get so far, maybe you can win it in the newest version (that one is a little bi easier)
And i have add you to the high score
Last edited by Skypper on 12 Aug 2013, 12:18, edited 1 time in total.

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 12 Aug 2013, 12:09

We are hoping to fix the KaMRandom to return true random values in next release.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 12 Aug 2013, 16:11

I played just the Ravens Dark and Dangerous Hills and won, but it was not the message - "you win"... number of waves is changed etc ..... 31.32. And points are number how many troops we killed? 1 kill = 1 points... yes? btw nice job
my replay
Saves.woloszek.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 12 Aug 2013, 16:21

Yes i removed that msg after every 5 waves
Now you can see the wave in the left cornen
same point system as in zombie apocalypse

Militia(1)
Axefighters(2)
Swordfighters(5)
Bowman(98)(1)
Crossbowman(3)
Lancecarriers(2)
Pikemen(3)
Scouts(3)
Knights(7)
Barbarians(6)
Warriors(6)

i will add you soon to the list

- Beginning map maker -
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 12 Aug 2013, 18:12

And i have add you to the high score
I appreciate it, but I don't think it's fair to others that you added my score. My intention was to learn how to fight the northern armies separately from the eastern armies (by modifying the script to just create armies to the north AND a script just creating the armies to the east) and then put my two strategies together to win it.

My score was just from fighting the northern armies to wave 56, as the armies from the east (which was 1-4 generated groups, depending on the wave number, as you know) didn't get created at all (I took them out).

Just to be absolutely clear which script I played, I have attached it (I also put my username in it, as the saved game showed). You will see that groups generated at (52,107)(starts at wave 11), (53,89)(starts at wave 25), (48,88)(starts at wave 29), and finally (60,110)(starts at wave 56) are not in the script, but I didn't remove any other enemy troops or make any other modifications to the game itself, only to the text displayed to the player.

If you were aware of this (I did say this in my post), then it's okay with me that you added my score since it's your scoreboard, but I just wanted to let you know just in case you misunderstood where I got the 17434 points from.

EDIT:
We are hoping to fix the KaMRandom to return true random values in next release.
Is there any way to prevent the replay bug, or is this caused by some computers or player saves?

<<

Kamykos

Pikeman

Post 13 Aug 2013, 11:41

Hi! We played in Zombie survival new version 4p and we found a bug: between 15 and 25 wave we didnt receive any weapons. After 30 we met the same thing. Is it for purpose or just a bug?
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 13 Aug 2013, 12:14

Sorry for that stupid bug :(
i have fixed the SP and MP.
and that wave mistype to
thx for reporting the bug

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Kamykos

Pikeman

Post 13 Aug 2013, 12:58

No problem, but worse than that was that i didnt have a scout on my loc(I played on 6)!!! :O I'm 100% sure that is why we lost. :@ Ahhh and the most important: you changed colour of the enemy on my favourite :O.
Hmm that is all. Good job anyway ;).
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 13 Aug 2013, 14:48

3.) I would change the AI color to sth special like "Magi waterblue" :D Its in the remake editor, i would just choose a color that isnt chooseable from humans, like black :P because that is hard then XD
this is a color that you can't choose but there are colors that look like it
and loc 6 has a scout now (not yet uploaded)

- Beginning map maker -

Return to “Map Design”