Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Mini Games

<<

Skypper

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Apr 2014, 08:35

Re: Mini Games

I tried it my self again with the uploaded version and for me it works just fine (Winter beta tournament version)

You properly thought to see buttons on the place you see grass.
But that is not possible in the remake, so you need to choose a grass title in every row with a road mark.

example
The last title is optional, checked is: Barbarian only On, unchecked is Barbarian only Off.

sorry for the confusion :(
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 05 Apr 2014, 10:09

Oh, sorry I didn't read the "story line". :)

Okay, so it looks like I must select 30 minute, 60 minute, or 80 minute first wave attack or I don't get attacked at all, ever.

It also looks like once an option has been selected, it cannot be undone, so the entire game is determined based on how I choose "what type of game I want to play" for the first wave?

Also, if I choose 30 minutes before the first wave with a 1.5 enemy multiplier, and 50 point wave attack, do I get attacked every 30 minutes with 50 point wave attacks for the rest of the game, or does the intensity increase? How does my choice for the first wave affect the rest of the waves since apparently once an option has been selected, it cannot be undone?

Lastly, does the enemy AI always just come from the south (below the bridge)? Or are they randomly spawned everywhere on the map?
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 05 Apr 2014, 10:34

Yes you need to choose one of every option, except the last one, that one is optional.
Once a option is selected it can't be undone, so if you choose enemy multiplier 1,3 it will be the whole game that way.
with enemy multiplier 1.3 the enemy army will grow each wave 30%
enemy will spawn in the bottom of the map around the snow area, and the Vulcano/waterfall forest

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 07 Apr 2014, 07:57

I've played Town Defence a little and I got only to wave 7... :). I asked you in PM about AI settings, because I was expanding on east, that's where they caught me, no defences there :).

I like it, that they're spawning randomly on south. That makes player be more careful with building around the map.

At the start there's not many trees and that's good in my opinion. Makes it bit harder :).

I like this idea, because I can imagine, that when I have fully built town (after around 2:00 or something) I just speed up the game, train more soldiers and wait for the waves. I wonder how far would I go.

I'd still like to see an in-game message with rules, especially about game options (what would I get for selecting each tile, 80, 60 or 30 minutes).
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 07 Apr 2014, 15:51

I am happy that you like it :D
Wave 7? did set all the settings to the right side ?
I tried it once to show a message with in-game settings, but that was just to much text and it was really weary all.
I could set in the text overlay the 3 results from left to right

I plan to make the SP map bigger.
I am still working on the MP version

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 08 Apr 2014, 11:35

Tiank, This is one of my replays first attack 30 minutes
Can i see yours ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 08 Apr 2014, 21:03

Yeah, why not, but there's nothing special to be seen :).
TD rep.7z
I chose options: 1.5 multipler, 30 minutes, first wave - 50, max gold, iron, coal, food bonus, Barbs only.

All that gold and coal bonus was helpful at start (I didn't had to build gold mine right away, thanks to unlocked Metallurgist's), but I noticed, that serfs have lower priority delivering goods from storehouse, than from mine, so it was not fully used. I made many mistakes, which I will avoid playing next time.

About that in-game message, I think it would be enough, if there's something like that:
Enemy multipler: 1.1/1.3/1.5
First attack: 80/60/30 minutes
Coal: 40/20/ none per 10 minutes
etc.

It would be really helpful, so I won't have to remember every option.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 09 Apr 2014, 13:15

muliplier 1.5 that's quite hard ;)

I have added a message on mission start with a description of the options
And I have changed the title Grass easy, Dirt normal, Ice hard

- Beginning map maker -
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 09 Apr 2014, 19:00

Hey Skypper,

I really like this map (you're an amazing map maker)! I just played it without reloading saves (so the replay should work)(but I did pause it), and I quit when wave 28 arrived (attack points enemy army = 17888 points) because my computer couldn't take it anymore (the entire bottom third of the map was filled with barbs).
cmowlaTDW28.zip
Stats
Units Lost: 21
Units Defeated: 8308
Time: 5.5 hours

(It's amazing just how many men attack you in a short period of time in ZA! I killed over a 1000 more in ZA, as you know, in 1.5 hours, which is 1/3 of the time of my replay for this game)!

Chosen Options:
Enemy multiplier: 1.3
First attack after 60 minutes
Attack point first wave: 15
Coal bonus: 20
Gold bonus: 15
Iron bonus: 5
Food bonus: 5
Barbarian only: On

I probably should have chosen more points for the first wave because it took several waves to build to an army that was a little scary, but I wanted the game to not end so soon due to my computer freezing (I probably should have at least chosen the middle option). I probably should have not selected any bonuses either.

Also, I didn't watch my replay yet, but make sure that the hunger level of your barbs is 100% at creation because at the end (before I quit), barbs were dying from hunger in the cold weather down south. :) (Or maybe ask Andreus to give the enemy AI autofeed, if the hunger level is at 100% at creation).

I think 30 minutes for the first wave is too early for the Barbarian only OFF option with a 1.5 multiplier (45 minutes would probably be perfect), but having barbs only is infinitely easier for me based on the way I chose to defend (if you watch the replay, you'll probably laugh). I think 1.5 is too drastic of a growth for barbs only OFF option (for the sake of your computer), because, again, at wave 28, the entire bottom third of the map (as you can see if you load the .sav) is filled with barbs (which I suspect, if the barbs Only option was off, the map would theoretically be over filled). Increasing the size of the SP map would not help because our computers can't take it! :)
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 11 Apr 2014, 11:44

Today I finished the first version of Town Defence MP.
It is a 4P co-op map.
The map size is increased, and the first att point setting to.
The 4 loc's aren't equal, one loc is harder to play that the other.
Personally I don't see that as a problem because it is co-op so you need to help each other
there are 2 "front" loc's and 2 "support"loc's.

You all play with the same settings, loc 1 chooses the settings!

But there is one known bug, when you start the mission it says directly that you won, you need to choose continue playing, the game works still fine then.
I don't know how to fix that so it would be nice if some one would know a solution for that.

I hoop you like it and have fun.
Feedback is welcome :D

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 11 Apr 2014, 12:00

Cmowla thx for your compliment, I really appreciate it :D

Maybe you could prevent them from piling up if you don't build the whole bridge full with buidings :P
No just kidding, I liked your replay.
I was just wondering, why you defended the top of the map so heavy ?
There never come enemy's I thought

If you start with 15 points on 60 minutes and barb, it is a bit boring in the beginning.
I made the 15 point option if you play barb only: Off and 30 minutes.

I don't really think it is a problem that some barbs died of hunger, there were still enough left.

I played 30 minutes, barb off, multiplier 1.3 a few times, it is hard, but it is nice if you don't want to play 5+ hours and still want to play a hard game.
1.5 is drastic indeed, but I think there are people that like to play it, because it gets very fast extremely hard.

I still plan to increase the SP map because it will bring some more variation in the defence, I think.

Thx for your reply :D

- Beginning map maker -
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 11 Apr 2014, 17:24

I was just wondering, why you defended the top of the map so heavy ?
There never come enemy's I thought
Well, I wasn't sure what would happen (I didn't know that). For example, I didn't know that the enemy coming to the east would build up as much as they did. If they wouldn't build up like they did, then eventually too many would be at the south eastern entrance and naturally some would circle around (go to the very top/north eastern entrance) to try to get in the town. But now that I know that they build up like that, I won't defend the top of the map again, if I play this again.

Also, this replay was mainly a test run to show you and others that this game (when the barbs only option is on) really just tests your defense skills at the beginning of the game, because the game really ends when too many barbs build up on the map.

Lastly, I don't think not having buildings would prevent build up. Perhaps it would take 1 or 2 waves longer to build up, but the terrain of the map and the direction the barbs were coming ultimately caused the buildup because I was killing them pretty quickly (I had 3 murder holes by the bridge, not just one, and I was also killing some of them before they walked into the murder holes). Perhaps if it was scouts or knights, which can move more efficiently, then build up wouldn't be as much as an issue so early in the game. In fact, I think knights only would be a lot harder than barbs only for any other way of defense besides the one I used in particular.
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 12 Apr 2014, 18:33

SP version bigger map.
It will bring more variation in the defending spots and there is more building space/gold/coal/iron so you can play longer with out bonuses
feed back would be welcome

A screen of some changes

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 14 Apr 2014, 13:33

Does no one want to try the MP version ?

- Beginning map maker -
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 04 Nov 2014, 04:38

Hey Skypper,

Since the effectiveness of bowmen and crossbowmen has improved since r5503, I believe the intensity of the waves should be heightened.

I propose the following:
Zombie Apocalypse Solo v1.2.zip
It looks like I used ZA instead of Invasion, but I list the changes I made to the script below.

All I did to make the script was I:
  • Made a copy of the newest version (Invasion).
  • Replaced all waves with the waves of the original 59 wave script
  • Added wave 60 from v1.1 (which was more intense than wave 59 from the original script), and I added one group of Knights to simply differentiate it from wave 59.
  • Added counters for how many troops lost, how many troops killed (and which type of troop killed), etc.
In addition, I have removed the portion of the iron mountain that slows down the AI from coming due south because I believe this will reduce buildup, especially when more pikes are generated late in the game.

The new statistics would be:

New wave 60
Total: 520 Troops, 2660 Points
Militia (0)(1)
Axefighters (0)(2)
Swordfighters (90)(5)
Bowman (0)(1)
Crossbowman (80)(3)
Lancecarriers (0)(2)
Pikeman (90)(3)
Scouts (0)(3)
Knights (140)(7)
Barbarians (90)(6)
Warriors (30)(6)

New AI
Total: 10189 Troops, 48433 Points
Militia (39)(1)
Axefighters (110)(2)
Swordfighters (2120)(5)
Bowman (98)(1)
Crossbowman (1497)(3)
Lancecarriers (30)(2)
Pikeman (2165)(3)
Scouts (190)(3)
Knights (2220)(7)
Barbarians (1550)(6)
Warriors (170)(6)

I have not played this script yet, but if you like either or both of these changes, and you want me to post a replay (please specify which remake version you would like me to play it in), to illustrate the changes to the AI and to that mountain, I can.

If you do want me to post a replay, do you want me to record the game and use commentary as I'm playing it too to truly show how I play (I bought Action screen recorder recently)?

I would like others to beat it as well, even if that means that they have to use my approach. The ratings of this map do not do it justice!

Return to “Map Design”