Need more discussion for this topic
No votes

Total votes : 0
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 22 Aug 2013, 17:24

Map Commission

Due to the fact that are many new maps for our game, I suggest create a commission map. We already have a lot of maps in Kam Remake, some higher quality and some lesser quality. The Commission would consist of a few people. They need to know what you are doing (the best that they are people who have done a very good map for Kam Remake).

Ok I wrote this for those who are thinking about this idea likes Dicsoupcan :wink: . Nobody wants to change the style of yours maps. If the mapper unwittingly make a mistake, then you must correct this (bad tiles in 100% must be correct); rules are not so strict - yes yes Dicsoupcan :mrgreen:

Committee:
woloszek
empty place
empty place
empty place
empty place

Committee
Tasks
- Check the map and write the (possible) bugs (can be screenshot, text) - the aesthetics of maps and gameplay
- Decide about include maps to the game - vote
- Is not the duty of the committee to write 100 times the same mistakes (I mean in one map)
- The committee may give clues to a better idea on the map (but does not have to do that)
- After tweaking the map by mapper, the committee needs to re-check that everything has been corrected

Mappers
Tasks:
- ONLY finished map has to be send to this topic
- Mapper is required to correct any errors, which paved the committee
- Improved map must be sent back to this topic

According to me to commission a suitable person as: Andreus, Ben, HellRacer, Koczis12, Sado, The Dark Lord, Thunder, To. If someone I forgot .. I apologize :wink:
Of course we do not want to give extra work for Krom and Lewin :mrgreen: . If I just created this topic, I can be a member of the committee :wink:

I think it would be a good way to have in the remake the best maps.

What do you think?
If someone wants to be a member of this committee, please write to me priv or write here in the topic :P
Last edited by woloszek on 22 Aug 2013, 18:52, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 22 Aug 2013, 17:49

Re: Map Commission

Who does this job at the moment? Lewin and Krom alone?
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 22 Aug 2013, 17:50

I actually think this idea is not very good, the committee will have full control over how maps will look like, and how the gameplay will be. every mapmaker has it's own taste, but that will be destroyed if there is always some kind of ''judge'' putting his own taste in the map. For example the dark lord does not think the white/red mushroom should be on snow maps, while i think it is one of the few ways to add at least a bit of color in the map. But because the dark lord is the judge i am forced to remove it.

Also with the map repository coming up, who is ever going to wait for judgement of a committee when they can just upload it there.

If people really do not like a map they can always choose to not play it and/or delete the maps from the remake themselves. But this way mapmakers can still have complete freedom to do whatever they please with their maps. If i ever release any map again, i will ask for opinions offcourse. but i am not going to wait untill ''judgement has passed'' and be forced to ''destroy'' my mapmaking style .
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 22 Aug 2013, 17:56

Nobody wants to destroy your style map :). Take it easy. Many maps have some errors .. such as tiles, terrible creases, etc. I was talking also about the new mappers.
Do you think that mushrooms grow on the snow? In Poland does not grow on snow :mrgreen: but who knows :rolleyes:
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 22 Aug 2013, 18:09

actually if gameplay and visuals are going to be judged, the style if the original mapmaker will be altered one way or another.

and yes mushrooms do grow in snow ;)

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 22 Aug 2013, 18:10

I think Wolo's idea was directed more at all the maps (for example, my own map) that look bad. Your maps are gonna be fine, Dicsoup :P
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 22 Aug 2013, 18:12

I know these pictures, but mushrooms do not grow in the snow, but snow sometimes falls when the mushrooms are still and this is a difference :mrgreen:

Edit: haha no Sado : :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dicso, bad tiles you call amending the style mapper? :lol:
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 22 Aug 2013, 18:34

well if it is only about bad tiles then i suggest making a tutorial and promoting it, then you only need to do the work once and be done with it.

and on the other hand, you will always keep bad tiles (for example at water when you have water grass and mud combining). So basically no map will be able to make it then ;)
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 22 Aug 2013, 18:39

well if it is only about bad tiles then i suggest making a tutorial and promoting it, then you only need to do the work once and be done with it.

and on the other hand, you will always keep bad tiles (for example at water when you have water grass and mud combining). So basically no map will be able to make it then ;)
Yes, but it's sad that a lot of maps have errors that you can see in first moment, and it's still in a remake...

Now you can vote :wink:
<<

Kamykos

Pikeman

Post 22 Aug 2013, 19:17

I think that Committee should make suggestions how they see the map should look like. Making a decision if mission will be in Remake or not is a bad idea because missions arent only maps. Sometimes map can be average but script can be a masterpiece.
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 22 Aug 2013, 19:22

I prefer nice map with good script, but nvm. Not only bad tiles must be improved; also wrong direction of water and many others bugs. Dicsoupcan when you create tutorial about these bugs, then I will close this topic :lol:.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 22 Aug 2013, 19:24

actually i happen to know someone who is making the tutorial already, but i still prefer gameplay over looks in my map. in that case kamykos is right.
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 22 Aug 2013, 19:32

Some time ago we played only a maps in the style of Lake Wololo and everyone played on these maps. Nobody whined that they have poor quality. Now, who will play on those maps? Very few people, and certainly not Pro players. The same will happen with the map with dyn. script. Now we have a dynamic script and everyone says: WOW!, But over time people will become more picky. You will see that it will. :|
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 22 Aug 2013, 19:37

Lake wololo is a poor example, back in those days there were not many maps and the problem of lake wololo is the gameplay, you can only attack through one bridge and that is it so the game is super campy. If you take back in the desert as example, the quality is not tdl quality (sorry to :( ), but people keep playing it because they like the gameplay on that map.
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 22 Aug 2013, 19:41

Ok, maybe Kaderto? who will play it now? (I played on this map a lot of time, but now? no way xD ) :rolleyes:

Return to “Map Design”