Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Multiplayer-mission

<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 22 Feb 2008, 14:22

So we can just throw our maps through the window? Bad thing, bad thing...

Well then I will use it for a single player mission or so...

@Danjb: Try !SET_MAX_PLAYER 3. There are 3 players, isn't it? Of course you must not choose the third player. It will be ''available'' in the multiplayer screen, but we know it isn't. :wink:
I think it will still crash, but who knows... KaM has surprised me before. :wink:
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 22 Feb 2008, 17:44

I left them out just to test if a simple multiplayer mission would work. For the record, what do they correspond to?

i.e. medium wares = troops
many wares = troops and buildings ... ??

Oh and I'll test it with a higher max_player setting.
<<

Merchator

Sword Fighter

Post 22 Feb 2008, 19:30

Max Players are 6.
!IF_MEDIUM_WARES : Troups
!IF_MANY_WARES : Troups and Buildings :wink:
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 22 Feb 2008, 20:07

Cool, cheers :D

I'm not sure when I can test with the max players set to 3, as I kinda need my bro's co-operation :P

But soon.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 23 Feb 2008, 00:53

This is all very interesting... I think it not working may have something to do with the way Krom's Map Editor makes maps. We have already proved it's not the script. Ironseptre sent me a multiplayer mission for my site that was a modification of Three Continents. He had completely changed the script and modified the map a little with Qage's editor. I think that if you use a map modified (or maybe even made from scratch) with Qage's editor then it will work. I have not tested this yet, but I will try later. The way maps are done is extremely complicated and about half the bytes of data don't seem to have any visible affect. Maybe some of these must be set to something to make the map work in multiplayer? So possible to make your maps work you could open them in Qages editor (and maybe change one tile so it will resave it) and then save them again. This may not work but it's worth a try, eh?
I assume that if you have no !IF_MANY_WARES then it will just be the same no matter what you set that to.
I doubt that AI's will work in multiplayer but it would be cool if they did. 8) We could make co-op games... Or you could each have an ally to help you, with a base at the same spot.
Lewin.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 23 Feb 2008, 15:35

Yeah, there are some lines already in the code that aren't included in the !IF_MANY_WARES section, so I guess so.

And yeah, co-op was exactly what I was thinking :D
<<

MrVV

Axe Fighter

Post 05 May 2008, 13:46

It seems to be a old interesting thread. :D
I'm also trying ( not tested ) to make a multiplayer mission.

Can your multiplayer mission be uploaded???
I know its a old thread :wink:

MrVV

Return to “Map Design”