Campaign "World War II - Prologue"

<<

sega

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 11 Jan 2014, 14:59

Campaign "World War II - Prologue"

Campaign "World War II" prologue
Authors: happy_end and sega (kamclub.ru)
Difficulty: above average (well, I think so)

This is a 1st part of historical campaign about WWII period - from september 1939 to september 1945 (prologue from september 1939 to june 1941). In prologue there is 8 missions, and in all parts of campaign there'll be more then 100 missions about main WWII battles.

We will be grateful for the help in the translation of campaign (especially Google translate of English version=) ), please send your translated files to sega-1989@yandex.ru, and also if you will find any errors.

Prologue can be downloaded from http://yadi.sk/d/wqDkHbYfFqpw3
Last edited by sega on 14 Jan 2014, 06:38, edited 1 time in total.
<<

MaxDeus

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 11 Jan 2014, 15:01

Re: Campaign "World War II - Prologue"

Maybe some pics would be cool.
GR
MaxDeus
It is not to be against something, it is to be for something!!!
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 11 Jan 2014, 15:28

I agree with MaxDeus. You should add some screenshots and more info ofc :)
<<

sega

Serf

Post 11 Jan 2014, 18:07

more info ofc :)
More "normal" words, please, I'm not an englishman. Pics will be later, when I'll get to MY computer
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 11 Jan 2014, 18:33

i mean more information about yours campaign (how many missions are included, and what kinds of missions, (economy, tactic). In this campaign includes a storyline ?
<<

sega

Serf

Post 14 Jan 2014, 09:48

Screenshots:
France: Image Italian-Greek war: Image
Paris: Image Russian-Finnish war: Image Iranian operation: Image
Occupation of Poland: Image Warsaw: Image Invasion into the USSR: Image
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 14 Jan 2014, 10:05

Screen shots are looking really good! I would like to play it. I'd give you a feedback after I finish it.

Still some info about campaign would be nice, as woloszek wrote.

By the way, I didn't know that back then in our country there was a writing made of trees... But I may have different history book than you... ;).

@woloszek: There're 8 missions here.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 14 Jan 2014, 10:44

By the way, I didn't know that back then in our country there was a writing made of trees... But I may have different history book than you... ;)
That's correct, it was even visible from the space, but Nazis burnt these trees down on their way back to the Germany xD

Surely unique campaign. I have mixed feelings for making WW2 maps for a strictly medieval game though.
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 14 Jan 2014, 12:46

I saw only screenshots and sorry for that, but i must say that not bad. Maybe sometimes terrain is too flat, but overall looks good. And these trees... I think that you gave too many trees on the maps ... no dense forests, the trees are scattered all over the map, and too few other objects.

Idea seems interesting. Now, we want tanks and guns in Remake :mrgreen:
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 15 Jan 2014, 12:22

Very nice campaign! I have seen every map and the scripts are decent.
The maps are good but could be better at some points.
I will give it a try these day's toplay it
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

sega

Serf

Post 17 Jan 2014, 11:22

Somebody already finished the campaign, or at least a few missions? What can you say?
<<

MaxDeus

Warrior

Post 17 Jan 2014, 11:35

So. Here some things to change:
- I started the first campain, the text was out of range, don´t know if it is because of the nightly-update.
- On the first map there are a few monutains very sharp. Maybe smooth it a little bit (e.g. the 2 attacking-zone of the german)
- names of the countries: i think this should not be made. you only wrote germ, and the cut of pola - nd, not very cool (for me)
- coal can be smoothed also.
- water direction: make it tile by tile, not "magic water". It does not look like a river (also smooth it at the "beach" please)

And much more important is: Prussia is germany. no own country, even in the 2. WW!!!
These are my first intentions. I hope i could help you a little bit for the moment.
GR
MaxDeus
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 17 Jan 2014, 12:11

You have nice ideas, but I don´t like that campaign (only my personal opinion) :-(

-Hard to feel that you are really at the 2nd world war without airplanes, ships,but instead with people from the stoneage fighting with an axe :P
-In the first missions, you have like nothing to do. Example first mission: you have to wait that long until anything will happen. When something starts to happen, it´s just a huge spam of everything while you have only the control over some units(Ai vs Ai).
-Wrong historical points(Poland has defended the longest time of all countries against their enemy. The "Blitzkrieg" started at the 1st September and Warsaw has surrenderd at 27th September :wink: ) so with one HUGE rush of knights it looks for children like Germany had conquered the whole world in 2 days :rolleyes:
-Ugly Letters in map. You should rather give the countries their color like german the black one,polan white, russian blue.... instead of writing on the half map P O L A N D with some trees, that doesn´t look good in my opinion

[-You should implement france and England as ai players that are attacking Germany, but 10 meters before that, they move around and go back :mrgreen: :P (Historical Joke) ]
[-Don´t like the Campaign map, but only because it´s not written in Latin letters :P ]

Why I basicly don´t like to play that campaign is, becuase it´s "boring". Like I said at the first lines the player is more watching stuff, instead of fighting/defending

Good points:

+Still that there are many content fails in that campaign, I see that you really like the history and you researched a lot of names and places to implement it in your campaign
+Good scripting ideas and features(Army of Ussr appears in Eastpoland, while german is attacking westpoland)
+Terrain and Object placements are ok(not the letter of trees :P )
+Variety of maps and missions
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 17 Jan 2014, 14:02

Prussia is germany. no own country, even in the 2. WW!!!
LoL? Prussia is not Germany. This is one of the German-speaking states. :wink:
<<

MaxDeus

Warrior

Post 17 Jan 2014, 14:07

Yeah, but not ofcutted of germany. he makes germany on the left side, and prussia on the top. thats historical wrong. then on the left side should be prussia also, or maybe Silesia for the southern area.

Return to “Map Design”