Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Fixes of original maps.

<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 25 Jan 2014, 05:35

Re: Fixes of original maps.

i understood conservator's opinion, no need to write something like that anymore ).
Is's strange that like 30 ppl (not public noobs) said me that across comes better... Also, Tim said that he really like Hills. Ok, time will tell, now i see that 2 my fixes were sent to Hell for eternal damnetion :)
P.S. i didnt say that cliffs is hard o-O.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 25 Jan 2014, 08:36

I want to say good if some old map fitted for the new game style, but at first should to discuss with community, collecting tons of information, who and why change this or that, need advices from not AI players, have to listening all opinion and after drawing. Im supporting the small changes on the old maps which make the maps more balanced. The old maps need balancing issues and hiding some bad connected tiles.

I like the originalty of the old maps. Across the desert was the second map where i played, and im pretty sure one of the hardest maps. Harder than the already basic Golden or some of the new maps. Old maps planned for a slower or longer kind of game, original build order when the army at the Pt wasnt counted really. Need a little reworking of course and everybody knows this. Just hard to find the common way, or the golden way.

I just watched one picture and i absolutly disagree with loc3's changes. Too much changes and strong changes at the same time. Seems like a new map.
-Opening at the centre,3rd desert gate- that isn't necesarry. Basicly loc2+3 got the smallest land in exchange for the closest. Less choke points on the map->the armies meet easier. this 3rd gate

-Grassing the bottom side of L3- well i think to with this step just delete the favour of the loc. I really like that part of the map and of course not easy but not impossible good placement of woodcutters there. Deleting that desert area make this loc like one of the GoldenCliffs locations. I like when there are different maps with different locs. (i've already seen delete the desert from loc 6 also-at left centre loc )

I understood the reason of these Loc3 changes. Loc 3 has the less space and hard to planning a base with 7++farms.

Anyway if i were make changes on loc3 then i just delete the 1400(1080 was on the original map) stone hill and give +150stones/+300 on the original/ to the south hill. With this issue solve the place problem, and basicly dont touch the originaly of the loc// (H) hehe, just delete a mountain :P //, but the loc let be stronger then were before. And the loc'3ironmaountain still have a badconnected tile on that picture.;) You have to see Loc3

Im not enemy of the changes. Of course everybody can make his own version of any map. But i think to for releasing need the community or the programmers(?).

If i know well Across Fixing already has a topic and there are some version of the map already.

For balancing a map need lot of patience and test, and this either can't guarantee the success job. Lot of small steps.
Sometimes just have to step back one to find another solution for a problem.

;)
t

PS: My favourite loc is 2(on Across also:) ). I can play there with closed eyes...of coorse i lose always after PT because i dont see the enemy army with closed eyes;)
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 25 Jan 2014, 09:07

I'll try to return desert atmosphere.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 25 Jan 2014, 16:52

If you want to try a fix, I say return to the original map completely and follow some of Thunder's tips. ;)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 25 Jan 2014, 18:08

No :)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 25 Jan 2014, 18:21

Re: ixes of original maps.

Then of course nobody will care for your fixes :P
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 25 Jan 2014, 20:04

You will not care about my across anyway =))
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 26 Jan 2014, 06:27

New across, andreus said me that desert atmosphere return =)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Map Design”