Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Fixes of original maps.

<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 24 Jan 2014, 15:02

Fixes of original maps.

I dont know what to say, simply fixed maps. All maps in attachment.

Across the desert. Dont worry, no burbs there :D
Fixed:
Recourses are totally balanced now 300 iron, 400 gold, 1050 stones, 850 personal coal and 556 "debatable".
We have deleted 90% of sand on locations to add place for farms
Trees are added on 1 3 4 5 6, and deleted on 2.
The mountain without iron on 6 loc has deleted to place for farms
New "cunning" path between 2 and 3 loc.
Extra place for 3 loc
Some minor changes

Screenshots:

Land of hills. Map for playing Left-to-Right.
Fixed:
Recoursed are balanced now: 480 gold, 300 iron, 1371 stones, 456 personal coal and 1044 between allies + coal in the middle. Recoursed was really moved. Also, you can get recourses from the middle.
Rebuilt towns (dont touch number of houses), some changes in warehouses.
Some fraud with trees :D
Some advice: dont build your city only in hills. Also, top locs are hard, and bottom are easy. Middle is "Golden mean"
Screenshots:

Wilderness

Fixed:
A lot of work with trees, we deleted them on 3 loc, replaced on 2, added on 4.
Deleted recourses for the middle of the map. Unfortunatelly, because they was really close to some locs, and so far from the others.
for loc now: 400 iron, 400 gold and 1200 coal.
Deleted fish, because some loc hasnt water.
Really remade 4 loc. Look at screenshots.

Battle for coal.
Fixed:
Made 8p version
Deleted troops
Again we fraud with trees =)
P.S. on 8p - left vs right.
Screenshots:

6p

8p

We also fixed David's map Road of the Valley. He gave me a permission for that. I think this map is great for no PT game.
Fixed:
Big work with recourses.
Put stones in towers, and food in inns.
Timbersaw cut trees to build farms. :D
More gold in the middle.
Delete 5 scouts. Now you have only 1 scout.
Rebuilt town a little, and not everywhere.
Some minor changes.

Screenshots:

All these maps are tested by lots of people.

Also, we have not-tested map.
Mountainious region. Play left-to-right
Fixed:
Wood was replaced
Balansed recourses: 400 personal + 800 on neutral territory iron, 400 gold, 1810 coal, 2808 stones.
It was fixed a little.

Screenshots:

And maybe we'll fix Bridge disaster. Maybe...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by vovets1 on 24 Jan 2014, 19:40, edited 3 times in total.
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 24 Jan 2014, 15:51

Re: Fixes of original maps.

I tried to make a lengthy reply about what you did with Across, but I'm gonna leave this link there instead: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1322 just read the complaints people had, especially
I'm ok with adding some gold, coal if really needed but..
What do I like about this map? It's hard, you have a slow start and that's just the way it is.
So i think you changed way too much about it:
- Bridge (wtf?)
- Preunlocked woodcutter (really no need)
- More trees (this map is supposed to be hard, DESERT)
- More food (same as for trees)
- More space for loc 3 (this loc has everything pretty close so already has an advantage in early game, after that it's just about puzzling)
- Delete scout (why would you want to remove that pony?)
actually, you can just focus on Bo's posts (they're long, I know :P) To sum up: you made the map way easier and that is bad, you're not supposed to delete sand, you shouldn't add trees to all locations, you probably added too many resources, you shouldn't add farming space, etc.
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 24 Jan 2014, 16:02

Yes, we made this map easier, and i dont see something bad in it.
All conservators want not to change this map, but ALL original maps are *** anachronisms. This is IMBA! 2+3=gg wp ez. 2 loc has SO MANY TREES, and so small on 1. 6 loc useless.
!MODBREAK: Please refrain from using unnecessarily strong language and continue conversing as real gentlemen.
Last edited by vovets1 on 13 Sep 2021, 13:55, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Swearing
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 24 Jan 2014, 16:05

Yes, we made this map easier, and i dont see something bad in it.
All conservators want not to change this map, but ALL original maps are fucking anachronisms. This is IMBA! 2+3=gg wp ez. 2 loc has SO MANY TREES, and so small on 1. 6 loc useless.
In this case, I'll just let Ben/TDL smash you with his post in a couple of hours :P Difficulty is a good thing, if you try to make locations more fair against each other, you should only change the locs that are worse, not all of them.
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 24 Jan 2014, 16:11

We have difficult map (BitD, CF), now we have easy. I dont know easy maps for 60 pt in remake.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 24 Jan 2014, 16:33

Sado it´s a fan remake, so they can do everything what they want actualy :P No need to not allow them to "delete sand" :mrgreen: Until it won´t be replaced with the original maps, noone should complain about fan remakes xd
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 24 Jan 2014, 16:50

Omg, seriously? I was calm for a while and now I see what you did to Wilderness... Location 4 was fine before. Hard, yes, but still very playable. Now it's too easy! No challenge what soever. I tried this same exact thing, moving the coal over near the gold. It makes the location soooo imba and ruins the whole map.
Also, the added resources to the mountains looks very bad the way you did it. Speaking of which, why in the world did you give the locations more resources? Totally not needed.
Take a look at To's polishing of Wilderness topic. He took his time making very long and thoughtful posts about why things should be changed. You only slap a few pictures down and report some changes about things you want/i[] to be changed. What if I took one of your maps, and posted a topic about it on the forum saying "omg omg" vovetes made so many mistakes on this map. I made these changes to it." How would you feel about that? Honestly, if you are going to competently remake a map, why don't you just make your own map?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 24 Jan 2014, 17:29

I can map my own map, but there are too unplayable maps in remake, and it's not good. I dont say that Wilderness is unplayable now.
4 wasnt fine before. Do you see where is gold on 4 loc in original??? It's in the deepest ass i know. 3 loc is imba in original, and it is absurdly to deny it.
On 4 i can only delete one place with trees, i forgot to do it, sorry.
Ben, who can forbid you write something like you said and fix? Simply take a permission from author, as i did with Road of the Valley.
About graphic errors - if you know how to combine 4 types of tiles - tell me in PM =D

New version of wilderness:
deleted one forest on 4 loc
added a liitle place and wood for 1 loc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 24 Jan 2014, 18:53

Well I'm sure it's safe to assume that this won't go into the public version anyway.
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 24 Jan 2014, 18:56

If so, it's not a problem, we can send it right in lobby. No escape for you (6)

But, what about battle for coal or land of hills? We ruined it too, but you dont touch them.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 24 Jan 2014, 18:59

That's because those maps are terrible. I already said that. Wilderness is totally fine. "Don't fix it if it ain't broke" As the saying goes.

There are many terrible maps in the Remake. Please go threaten them and not my lovely, fully playable, and awesome Wilderness.
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 24 Jan 2014, 19:07

Hehe, i need a permission to fix not original map. If so - i'll try to improve it, but i am sure that one man will rise from the ground and say: "Dont touch my beauty, my sweet map, i play it once a 3 month, i cant live without it!"
<<

Kai

Farmer

Post 24 Jan 2014, 19:47

!MODBREAK: Please do not hijack topics like that.
Last edited by Ben on 24 Jan 2014, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 24 Jan 2014, 23:15

Back in the Desert hard? Since when? Nothing compared to good old Three Continents. Or, as some people like to call it, Across the Desert. Making it 'easy' is the worst thing you can do to it. I like it how it is and I don't want to see it changed. If you want easy maps, play something else or make your own. It's not like the original maps are the only maps in the Remake; there are quite some easy maps out there. Actually, I believe Three Continents is one of the few tough maps left. Rich Land is called Rich Land for a reason, you know!
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 24 Jan 2014, 23:54

Trying to fitthe original map to your needs is like taking a map from another mapmaker and adjust it to what you want. i never recall any of the original maps being broken. and i agree with tdl, bitd is far from hard. As a matter of fact, golden cliffs is not even a hard map anymore. But just because it does not fit your needs you cannot just make it to whatever you want and call it a fix. You can play them yourself if you want, but i am not voting these so called fixes to be included as official maps.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill

Return to “Map Design”