Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Twin Peaks - MP build 8 players

<<

Islar

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 12 Oct 2014, 11:22

Re: Twin Peaks - MP build 8 players

It's alive! :mrgreen: It's been a while since the last time i played this game. Mostly because i was very busy. Now i have some more time and i am continue improving this map. I hope i do it in time before the release.
<<

Islar

Pikeman

Post 14 Oct 2014, 21:34

A new update is today. :mrgreen: Check out the first post. I add some pictures of the changes. I hope this is on time for the new release! Don't read futher anymore, check it out!
<<

Brolian

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 15 Oct 2014, 20:11

Hello, i do not playing in multiplayer map, i like play with single player map and create maps. I checked Your map and first what i saw if unbalanced start position i think.
Player 1 - See at start where is iron,gold
Player 2 and 3 see only iron , not gold
Player 4 see gold and stone, but do not see iron, harder coal to get i think
Player 5 Beatiful place at start i know all :-)
Player 6 see all. but harder can be then player 5
Player 7 "Where the hell iron is ?" :-)
Player 8 i think very good position to player which will create many soldiers with leather armors, very easy to gold at start for example and coal. Iron same like Player 7, but if i could choose i wish play as player 8 or 5 ;-)
Co concclusion mine because i do not first open map in edytion to "spoiler" what is all:
Player start position on that map make easier or harder game i think. its mine opinion :-)

Now i opened in editor:
Player 4 do not have iron. Player 7 too. Mine opinion after check map in editor, ofc many work on look like map :-) but i will not write about it.
Mainly i must say in mine opinion, mountains, patchs, roads, and just place where they are will very help player.
I think that at the end: Player start place = win.
<<

Islar

Pikeman

Post 15 Oct 2014, 21:56

Hello, i do not playing in multiplayer map, i like play with single player map and create maps. I checked Your map and first what i saw if unbalanced start position i think.
Player 1 - See at start where is iron,gold
Player 2 and 3 see only iron , not gold
Player 4 see gold and stone, but do not see iron, harder coal to get i think
Player 5 Beatiful place at start i know all :-)
Player 6 see all. but harder can be then player 5
Player 7 "Where the hell iron is ?" :-)
Player 8 i think very good position to player which will create many soldiers with leather armors, very easy to gold at start for example and coal. Iron same like Player 7, but if i could choose i wish play as player 8 or 5 ;-)
Co concclusion mine because i do not first open map in edytion to "spoiler" what is all:
Player start position on that map make easier or harder game i think. its mine opinion :-)

Now i opened in editor:
Player 4 do not have iron. Player 7 too. Mine opinion after check map in editor, ofc many work on look like map :-) but i will not write about it.
Mainly i must say in mine opinion, mountains, patchs, roads, and just place where they are will very help player.
I think that at the end: Player start place = win.
Hi Brolian, thank you for your time to give your opinion. I tried to understand what your saying but my English isn't that good to understand your English. :mrgreen:
But serious now, how did you number the players? Because you did not open the editor when you wrote the first part of your post. Did you number it from topleft to bottomright? If so, I maked sure all available resources by every location are in sight from the beginning. Also player 2, 3, 6 and 7 (ingame players 3, 4, 7 and 8) have no iron. They have to make leather army only. :P

Thank you for saying you like my map but for the ''Player start place = win'' we need testing. If some locations are too ''overpowered'' i will fix that. But you must know you play as a team and the team ''decides'' if you win or not. not just one player. When a team is too ''overpowered'' because of their locations you can always switch the locations of the teams. :wink:

Orginal I planned to make it top vs bottom but suggested was snow vs grass but left vs right (player 1, 2, 7, 8 vs 3, 4, 5, 6) can also be an interesting idea. I hope that their will be testers soon because really hope this map comes with the new remake release. :D

Return to “Map Design”