Remake 2012

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 21 Jun 2014, 19:19

Re: List of added, not added, staying and deleted maps

Hi
I'm PAKER.

I have a question:
PAKER TEAM have a some new maps (cube, new dream, no mercy, 8) in link (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tJY ... edit?pli=1) I don't see this maps.
Where do I map show to be added?
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 21 Jun 2014, 20:01

Hi
I'm PAKER
Wait. I think every player in this forum is a fan of your team and your masterpieces. No need to tell who you are :D

However I have to agree. The best maps are actually not on this list, how is this possible? :?
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 21 Jun 2014, 21:32

Hi
I'm PAKER.

I have a question:
PAKER TEAM have a some new maps (cube, new dream, no mercy, 8) in link (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tJY ... edit?pli=1) I don't see this maps.
Where do I map show to be added?
They are not on the list because, to my knowledge, none of them were released yet. I included all the maps I could find on the forums, or in rare cases when I was contacted directly.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 21 Jun 2014, 21:52

Paker! I really hope your maps will be included. In my opinion your maps are the best ones!
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 23 Jun 2014, 13:38

Why is Dead of Winter, western desert will be deleted? They are not that bad. The look is good and I liked to play on them. Which is the criteria that they didn't pass?

To help shorten the list of maps for the next release I decided to throw away some of my own maps. They may look above average but I think they're not good enough anymore (both looks and gameplay). For now (and probably in the future) I don't want to make updates for All for One, Western Desert and Arctic Warfare. Some of my new maps will replace them. Dead of Winter however was put on the list by mistake. So don't worry, good old DoW will stay in the release for sure.

To
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 24 Jun 2014, 15:10

Good work guys.
But i am dont agree with Land of hills and Road of the valley , look at this pls (in attachment). I fixed it :D (David gave me permission to fix Road of the valley)
Also, i think that Wish star is good for no PT. I know you all... ok, 90% dont like this game mode, but 3 maps for no PT should be in Remake. eg. TVOD2, Wish Star and Road of the Valley (new).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 24 Jun 2014, 15:51

I just remind
btw you forgot about Tef's Snake ;)
+ Adventurer's Journey! :D

and... what's wrong with The Last Hope? :P
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 24 Jun 2014, 16:25

As for Land of Hills and Bridge Disaster I already said we got a plan to fix it ourselves, the only change will be deleting extra buildings, as that was our main and only concern. We don't want to change the originals more than it's needed, and deleting buildings is barely a change since original KaM had a few versions of those maps (with storehouse, or with some other buildings).

Snake, Adv.'s Journey and a few others are not multiplayer maps. As for Adv. Journey, I don't even have any official release from Shadaoe (Shad, consider yourself poked about it right now). I will include a couple of SP maps in the upcoming mappack but its main purpose is multiplayer. I will also delete Two Sides from the list now since it isn't multiplayer. (It will surely be included don't worry)

There are a number of changes on the list, see its beginning for an overview. Most notable one is deletion of Majestic Waters, since TDL used his right to delete his own map. Ask him why :P
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 24 Jun 2014, 16:49

Ok, and what about RotV2, wish star (deathmatch), and the last hope?
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 24 Jun 2014, 16:52

since TDL used his right to delete his own map. Ask him why :P
Why TDL? :D

Oh man and yes, in the next update there have to been maps like the journey or other sp maps from the unfinished map competition.
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 24 Jun 2014, 18:11

Why TDL? :)

But I got more important question, why Lost Road is on list of unsure maps? Hm? HM?! It's a great fighing map, and Remake needs maps like that: simple, nice-looking with fast and simple gameplay. Also, there is no other (up to) 6 players map, where you can choose to play with Iron or Leather or Town Hall units.

Again, I understand, that economic maps are deleted, because there's too much of them, but there's not that much good fighting maps... In my opinion, and I'm sure in opinion of many others, Lost Road should be added to Remake. Period. . .
Last edited by Tiank on 24 Jun 2014, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 24 Jun 2014, 18:21

Agree with TianK
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 24 Jun 2014, 18:36

Why TDL? :)

But I got more important question, why Lost Road is on list of unsure maps? Hm? HM?! It's a great fighing map, and Remake needs maps like that: simple, nice-looking with fast and simple gameplay. Also, there is no other (up to) 6 players map, where you can choose to play with Iron or Leather or Town Hall units.

Again, I understand, that economic maps are deleted, because there's too much of them, but there's not that much good fighting maps... In my opinion, and I'm sure in opinion of many others, Lost Road should be added to Remake. Period. . .
I want to delete Majestic Waters because I want to redo some sections of the map, and in the mean time the map won't be played anyway. There was also another problem which I think reduced its popularity: it was listed as a 7 player map. I hope that people will notice it more when it is changed a bit and was absent for a while.

Now to your 'more important' question: in my opinion Lost Road isn't that nice-looking, there are too many troops and it is quite similar to Last Fight for Oasis, which I think has better looks.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 25 Jun 2014, 01:42

I've been asked about "random"/"scored" versions of battle maps. I don't want to have 2 (or 3) versions of every battle map. Map authors need to decide if their map is random and/or scored (and don't append Random/Scored to the name, just explain in the description. Original battle maps won't be changing I guess, except for Coastal Encounter which might get replaced with the "scored" edition since 1vs1vs1 doesn't work without kill scoring because the camper always wins (anyone disagree with that?).

About Majestic Waters, it seems like a shame to delete it. Why not just remove the spectating player, then people might notice it more?

As sado said SP maps will be handled separately, this topic and list is only for MP maps.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 25 Jun 2014, 02:37

I saw there is a new version of Center Castle. Is there a new version of CC Looting too? If yes, please upload it.

Also, I need Andreus and Kirelareus to decide whether they want Random version of their maps (Cross, Snow Cross) or not. Please change the name of your map and upload it here, if that's the case.

Return to “Map Design”