Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

List of added, not added, staying and deleted maps

<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 25 Jun 2014, 06:48

Re: List of added, not added, staying and deleted maps

I like your statemwnt Lewin. I really liked the idea of different modes (maybe there will be a mutator somewhen to chooseb random or normal mode at one map via the lobby :-) ) anyway i had like 5 versions of snow cross in my mp folder, so it's really a good idea that the mapmaker himself should decide that. For coastel encounter: I don't know. On one side I would like to keep the normal version also, but there is no reason for it only the "maybe I will play it somewhen"-reason hahahaa

However when you delete the original coastel, please move the scripted version from special maps to tactic maps, because no player is looking into the special maps when you want to play tactic games anyway :p , but that's a different story.
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 25 Jun 2014, 07:10

Delere original coastal? wtf?
This is the best map for battle 1x1, and 8 battle tournament on kamclub.ru were on this map =) Deleting this map is madness.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 25 Jun 2014, 07:16

I am known for a player, that want to keep nearly all original features and maps, cause kam is kam and kam was epic :D However in this case there is EDIT: nearly no reason, not to replace the old with the scripted map.

If you want to play 1VS1 it works the same way, you win when you kill most troops (same as in normal 1vs1 on the old map)
The only difference is the 1vs1vs1 aspect. True you can't play anymore "last player that survive will win" but it's unbalanced.

EDIT: Hmm, However I got your point, when you want to train really 1vs1vs1 like maybe in real war, it doesn't count who kills most, it's only important who will survive at the end :mrgreen: that's the only argument to keep the map though
Never thought about that, but for some people it might be funny to search a tactic (camping) to survive.
<<

Remake 2012

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 25 Jun 2014, 07:49

I saw there is a new version of Center Castle. Is there a new version of CC Looting too? If yes, please upload it.
Yes CC and CCL have a new area (fix coal and small things)
CC and rest map is in my topic. Hoever I send (soon)my maps to Lewin's mail.

Please delete maps:

-Dream ( is new version this map "New Dream")
-Dark Rock ( is The Same Rocks)
-The Journey ( in new version this is tactical map "The Exciting Journey")
-The Kingdoms (ugly)
-King's Bounty (ugly)
-L-O-S-T - Survival (ugly)
-Clash 6p - (is 8p version "Clash 8p")
-1000 Corpses - (ugly)
-Open World (ugly)
-Roads (ugly)
-The Passage 4P( is 8p version "The Passage 4P")
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 25 Jun 2014, 08:31

Cool list Paker. 2 tips from my side:

1.) Read this list first https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tJY ... sp=sharing most maps from your list are already on this list also, also maps like the journey (ask them why if you want to discuss, for keeping this map :D)

2.) Don't change the name of the map "Same rocks" ;-) Everyone knows the same rock...rocks. If you change the title of this popular map, most new players that aren't active on this forum, won't be able to find your map. (It's the same when big companies change their name. It's very risky! )

About the 4p/8p you mean to replace those by the same map with a higher player number? Or you want to keep both versions? Then read my idea at my last post and tell me what you think about it.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 25 Jun 2014, 08:51

This is the best map for battle 1x1, and 8 battle tournament on kamclub.ru were on this map =) Deleting this map is madness.
As pawel said, the scripted version works exactly the same for 1vs1. So unless you like the campy 1vs1vs1 gameplay that the original had there's no reason to not replace it with the scripted version.

Seeing as we now have more "proper" scripted maps (like Florescence, Town Merchants, Invasion, etc.) battle maps with scoring or random scripts will go in the normal battle maps section. Same with building maps, for example Center Castle Looting will go in the normal building maps list. These scripts are quite minor and don't need the map to be in the special section IMO. Special maps should be for maps that are significantly different to other building/fighting/coop maps.
<<

Remake 2012

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 25 Jun 2014, 10:00

Cool list Paker. 2 tips from my side:

1.) Read this list first https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tJY ... sp=sharing most maps from your list are already on this list also, also maps like the journey (ask them why if you want to discuss, for keeping this map :D)
I want keeping this map in tactic version. Because the terrain is varied. There is a lot to go through.
2.) Don't change the name of the map "Same rocks" ;-) Everyone knows the same rock...rocks. If you change the title of this popular map, most new players that aren't active on this forum, won't be able to find your map. (It's the same when big companies change their name. It's very risky! )/quote]

I don't want change name this map! Dark Rock is other map I want delete this map. and stay only The Same Rocks.
About the 4p/8p you mean to replace those by the same map with a higher player number? Or you want to keep both versions? Then read my idea at my last post and tell me what you think about it.
I mean to leave only those maps that are for more players.
<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 25 Jun 2014, 15:20

Also, I need Andreus and Kirelareus to decide whether they want Random version of their maps (Cross, Snow Cross) or not. Please change the name of your map and upload it here, if that's the case.
I decided to add Random Snow Cross. It looks more interesting cause of script IMO. I could upload latest versions of my accepted maps directly to castlesand btw ;)

I'll ask Kire about Cross.
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 25 Jun 2014, 15:48

As for Adv. Journey, I don't even have any official release from Shadaoe (Shad, consider yourself poked about it right now).
I was supposed to wait the end of the contest but it seems I'll have to do otherwise, I'll try to release whatever is most recent soon.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 25 Jun 2014, 15:50

I decided to add Random Snow Cross. It looks more interesting cause of script IMO. I could upload latest versions of my accepted maps directly to castlesand btw ;)
Thanks. I'd still prefer a link since I want to have a complete pack of added/not added/staying/deleted maps with all the updates possible. But if you will remember to update it then it's fine, I'll leave the current version then.
The only difference when playing 1v1 on this map is that you will see the kills on screen during the fight, which is even more fun for a tournament I guess :) Really, try to find another difference between Scored and non-scored when playing 1v1...

Remake 2012: we deleted many of your maps. Even a bit more than you included on your list. Sorry to say that, but many of them were of really bad quality, and there was too many of those maps. You can see that the other mapmakers that had many maps (To, Thunder for example), whose quality was better than yours, also will have much less maps in the next version (I had to delete lots of maps that i really like, i.e. Desert Line, Western Desert etc.). We left your most popular maps (TSR, CCL, Battle Sun which is now No Mercy, I think there was 1 more that I forgot about) since people seem to really like them.
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 25 Jun 2014, 16:37

Difference - you can see number of points and feel who is better in this second of battle. But ok, let it be so, if we totally clear remake:)

And none answered me about that:
Please, stay 3 maps for no pt in remake: Tvod2, wish star deathmatch (or confrontation) and road of the valley2 (i sent it in this topic, and in topic with fixes of original maps). 3 maps isnt so much number.
<<

Kirelareus

Sword Fighter

Post 25 Jun 2014, 16:39

Also, I need Andreus and Kirelareus to decide whether they want Random version of their maps (Cross, Snow Cross) or not. Please change the name of your map and upload it here, if that's the case.

I'll ask Kire about Cross.
I've decided - random edition
R.A - power in unity!
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 25 Jun 2014, 17:30

As for Adv. Journey, I don't even have any official release from Shadaoe (Shad, consider yourself poked about it right now).
I was supposed to wait the end of the contest but it seems I'll have to do otherwise, I'll try to release whatever is most recent soon.
Thank you. I think there are more people like me just wanna to test the "final" version of it without waiting ?endless? for the end of the competition.

I've decided - random edition
Meeeeh :?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 26 Jun 2014, 03:13

Difference - you can see number of points and feel who is better in this second of battle. But ok, let it be so, if we totally clear remake:)

And none answered me about that:
Please, stay 3 maps for no pt in remake: Tvod2, wish star deathmatch (or confrontation) and road of the valley2 (i sent it in this topic, and in topic with fixes of original maps). 3 maps isnt so much number.
TVOD2 is definitely staying. Wish Star is very ugly and also very unpopular, so I guess not many people like to play it. Those who do can copy it to their map folder and transfer it to their friends.

Road of the Valley 2 is still "tower wars for iron". I played the original a few years ago and it didn't work well, the first team to get a tower up in the passage to the iron won the game by miles. I quite like the layout/aesthetic of the map (sandy roads though grassy hills), but the iron in the corners really doesn't work in my opinion. If that changed it could be reconsidered.
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 26 Jun 2014, 05:52

tower wars for iron
Lewin, towers are blocked :?

I played RotV2 many times.
Eg. we play 4x4. Someone will make militia to early rush/def, another one will make iron troops for middle/late game, also someone can use market to get, for example, leather armor, and make archers without farms =)
I repeat this map is for no peacetime game. We cant play it with long pt.
Wish Star is very ugly and also very unpopular
We also have rather popular Lake wololo (70 place), but you have already delete it =) Also i said about confrontation, which sado takes in "not added".

RotV2 in the attachment (Just in case :wink: )

Return to “Map Design”