KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 27 Jun 2014, 10:52

Re: List of added, not added, staying and deleted maps

tower wars for iron
Lewin, towers are blocked :?

I played RotV2 many times.
Eg. we play 4x4. Someone will make militia to early rush/def, another one will make iron troops for middle/late game, also someone can use market to get, for example, leather armor, and make archers without farms =)
I repeat this map is for no peacetime game. We cant play it with long pt.
Wish Star is very ugly and also very unpopular
We also have rather popular Lake wololo (70 place), but you have already delete it =) Also i said about confrontation, which sado takes in "not added".
Sorry, I didn't realise towers were blocked, maybe it could work then. Anyone else like it?

70th place is not "rather popular" IMO. Lake Wololo also has really terrible looks.

On a different topic:
Regarding Border Rivers, I'm still not sure if we should delete extra buildings (quarry+woodcutter+sawmill) from every map. Border Rivers 4P is at 30th position in popularity in r5503 (with buildings), if everyone hates the buildings surely they wouldn't play it? (or play the 8P version, even with 4P). Maybe it's good if we keep a few maps with buildings on them for players who like that? I realise it's very unpopular with "TeamSpeak" players who like to plan/build every aspect of their base, but a lot of other players MUST be playing Border Rivers 4P with the buildings.

We want to make sure we don't design the map list to fit the most popular styles of playing and completely ignore others which may still be fairly popular (like accelerated start with extra buildings, or no PT like vovets mentioned)
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 27 Jun 2014, 10:54

I had the same feeling when I have read the plans of sado. Deleting these extra buildings doesn´t make sense for me either. It´s a "special" map and I know some few players that like those map with extra buildings, because they haven´t to "speed up" the game with x1,5 or x2, but they just skip the first 10 min of building (more or less :P ). Like you already said: If players play that map often, there has to be a reason they play it and I´m not sure if the number would be same high without those extra buildings :D

Sado does a good job for now, Congratz and applause from me :D but I think that in this special case he acted not "objectively" enough. Like you said, 99% of TS users don´t like extra buildings, cause you can change the number of army after pt, with every roadtile that you have put on :) , but on Teamspeak are like 60 Players maybe. This number isn´t comparable with the total amount of players that play the Remake :P and there are only a few maps with these extra buildings. So I think everyone can live with that :P
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 27 Jun 2014, 12:25

I disagree. I don't see any reasons to keep those buildings. If you're in a hurry, play with higher speed (that's what everyone does anyway). A couple of extra buildings at the start is just annoying and it is inconsistent with all other multiplayer maps where you start with just a storehouse.
I'm not sure how this version got into the Remake anyway, since 'start with buildings' was just an extra option in TPR, by no means the 'standard'.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 27 Jun 2014, 13:46

This "deleting maps" is similar than the "who is Pro list".

The map list isn't as effective than you think. There are lots of game which one sign multiplayer game but plays only by one people (testing someting, trying out prebuild, practising etc..)...

I think to every community has speciel maps. For example the greek gamers not really like Iceline, because unbalanced, campy, ugly etc.... But there are some hugarian players play that frequently with pt80 2x1.5.
/i know this isn't a usually rule but really fun. I also played with them and yes was GG./

For me really no problem deleting maps I can create a new one under 2 days(;P) and i have a personal back up but need a button where the players can download their lovely maps. So try to be optional please.

Some days ago I had discussion with Zoltán about the fast starting and about the game length. Lots of player doesn't have too much time to play, but they want to a short ECO game. Those prebuilded cities could give lots of time and a speciel KaM feelings. This is also good thing, why should to change. I like this map list (r5503) because long, there are lot different kind and type of the game. Huge possibilites. :) I remember when some years ago there was problem we don't have too much playable maps. Now the community has too much??? and seems in the statistic the community plays only on one map most of the time???

I really would like to see this game could be more optional/like in the lobby with the game speeds/.

Regards!

PS: "the good figthers doesn't have style, be water my friend";P
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 27 Jun 2014, 13:49

Okay, so let's add buildings to every map, then we can remove these pesky speed options that seperate the community. :D

...We already have a solution to speed up gameplay, I don't think we need to be forced into another one.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 27 Jun 2014, 14:51

I disagree. I don't see any reasons to keep those buildings. If you're in a hurry, play with higher speed (that's what everyone does anyway).
No, that´s different. If you choose a higher speed you have to play on this x2/x3 speed for at least PT (60 minutes-90 minutes). When I want a x1 game but haven´t time on the "boring" things at start, I can play this map with the houses included.

Okay, so let's add buildings to every map, then we can remove these pesky speed options that seperate the community. :D
No, but mutators could fix it :D Simple things like "Start with buildings" or "start without buildings" XD Ok the mutator topic again, I´m sorry. However there are really some players playing those maps that have these houses on(Like lewin just showed). If there are a few ts players that want to play this map without houses, they could edit this map and play without buildings :mrgreen:
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 27 Jun 2014, 15:25

"Start with buildings" or "start without buildings
As i remember, it was in original KaM in multiplayer/
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 27 Jun 2014, 15:34

That´s just what TDL said. I meant mutators this way for The Remake! ;-)
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 27 Jun 2014, 18:10

"Start with buildings" or "start without buildings
as far as i renember, we sacrificed virgins. we do not do that anymore. reasons like it has always been like that or it has bene that way are just not really a reason.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 29 Jun 2014, 07:10

IMO Wish Star and Road of the Valley do not have high enough quality terrain to be included. Did the map committee intend to keep Wish Star Deathmatch or not? It's not on the list.

I've started adding maps from the ZIP sado gave me and I've encountered some issues:

Maps missing a description:
A Midwinter's Day
Crystalline Falls
Inner Struggle (who is the author?)
Volcanic Violence

Needs a readme/explanation:
Knights Frenzy
Town Merchants
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 29 Jun 2014, 11:44

Inner struggle is made by me, i totally forgot to add a description.
here you go:
Inner Struggle.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 30 Jun 2014, 16:30

Question to the map committee: "All for One" is quite popular (44th/558), good terrain quality, looks fairly balanced, and is also quite unique. What was the reason for it being deleted? I think someone said To didn't like it. What doesn't he like about it? I guess the top team can shoot the iron mines of the bottom team, so maybe that's the issue.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 30 Jun 2014, 17:39

For now (and probably in the future) I don't want to make updates for All for One, Western Desert and Arctic Warfare. Some of my new maps will replace them. Dead of Winter however was put on the list by mistake. So don't worry, good old DoW will stay in the release for sure.

To
I don´t know what´s the reason but he said that he doesn´t want to make updates :P However I agree, I also like All for One (at least that much that it shouldn´t be deleted,because of no updates coming), but yes I guess some balance issues were the reason.
<<

Remake 2012

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 04 Jul 2014, 18:15

Hello. I am again, writing about my maps. I presents my new map CUBE:

In this map You have 12 playable position. What player chooses 8(!).
Map for max 12 players (!)[But, you can only play up to eight players. thx Lewin :P :( ] or 8,6,4,3,2. With Various settings seats.
Each location looks almost the same. equal balance. The only difference is the location of the storehouse. Towers is blocked! :).
In the middle is quite a lot of space to fight :) Or go to another raw materials :)
I believe, in this map.

Other War
Map for max 8 players - up / down or 4 players -corners
Lots of space in the middle of the map on tactical combat. Lots of hills and passages.

Maps is in my folder in my topic MAP PAKER TEAM in pack 30 maps :)
Last edited by Remake 2012 on 04 Jul 2014, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 04 Jul 2014, 18:19

Ah. This topic is an official "Paker Maps 2014" topic now. Cool :P Maybe post here only finished works and maps in one post and write TDL, sado, Lewin or Krom that you have a new map/ that you wanna discuss about "Why this map will be deleted" / "Why this map won´t be added" etc.

I mean, maybe it´s fine for these people if you post here your new maps, but just imagine like 50 mapmakers would spam this topic here just to get a "higher chance" that his map will be added.

You already made a maplist from your maps a few pages before, so why posting this "list" again with screenshots?

Return to “Map Design”