Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

A Midwinters' Day 6p

<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 01 Jul 2014, 13:38

A Midwinters' Day 6p

Released some time ago on TS but not here yet. After some testgames I had no suggestions for changes etc. So let me know what you guys here think of it please.
KaM 2014-03-08 03-31-10.jpg
A story will be added soon...

To
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 03 Jul 2014, 09:56

Re: A Midwinters' Day 6p

Looks great :) Good job!

One thing I don't like is that it seems (at least to me) to be a map where you need to fight straight forward. I mean, not kinda possible to flank the enemies (except the north passage or the bridge to the south maybe...).
Also, it might be just me, but loc6 may have struggles with starting if a noob like me is playing on it :D

All in all, I kinda like it, keep it up ;)
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

Post 03 Jul 2014, 13:14

Re: A Midwinters' Day 6p

That's right Bence, but it really depends on your gameplay. If I'm strictly talking about the fighting approach I can explain it best when I show some replays:

Replay 1 (1sttest): Rightside team lost mainly because of a badly executed horse ambush from Pizza and a poor snake attack from me. Lexus was kinda passive too. With my main melee gone it was obvious they rushed my base as soon as they could. Because of these mistakes the fun factor was kinda low for this game. But hey, it was the 1st one so like Romek used to say: ''anything can happen'' :D

Replay 2 (A Midwinters' Day gg): Was a way better game because nobody made big mistakes. Left side team contained the ''partly revived'' top 3 polish players so they were maybe a little too confident in their main attack. Key here was that we hide our horses for as long as possible and counter at the right moment (made possible because of our excellent antiscout performance). Still strange we won with all that mass pike on the field...but believe me, it was some real manslaughter nonetheless (btw games that end in ragequit are most of the time good ones :) ) Anyway Bence, this game shows what you mean (I think) so it's best in such situations to attack at 2 fronts (so attacker has enough space for manouvres and perform a suprise attack elsewhere at the same time). But this time they decided to launch their full attack in one spot which cost them the game.

Replay 3 (A Midwinters' Day 5th win): This game realy deserves a place in the hall of fame. Shoutcastworthy (hey Ben, do you still make em these days? :D ) and even Romek said this was the best action packed game he ever played. I don't want to spoil it all but the left team performed 2 rushes on Mex T's base. It was really close but eventually the rightside managed to counterattack with succes. We all know that the mexicans can be dangerous to engage in combat but this was definitely their best performance I've ever seen (Mex B...my compliments). Anyway Bence, these replays show some possible fighting manouvres for this map, some poor, some outstanding. I hope it helps when playing this map :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)

Return to “Map Design”