Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

ai in coop

<<

petecannon

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 07 Jul 2014, 21:36

ai in coop

me and my friend are creating maps to get the hang of the game so the maps are flat so we can actually build where we want and learn the aspects of the game but when we are creating maps we have struggled with the ai. they dont seem to build troops but do everything else, are they able to or are we just meant to add the troops in for them?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 08 Jul 2014, 01:46

Re: ai in coop

In the current release the standalone AI (which builds and defends automatically) is incomplete and does not work well. In the next release (which we are beta testing right now) it will be significantly improved.

The campaign maps in the original game work by giving the AI a complete village and statically telling them where to defend and how to attack. You can control those things from the AI tabs in the map editor, however it's kind of complicated (there's a fair bit to learn). You can look at existing maps (e.g. co-operative campaign maps) to see how they use defence positions and attacks.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 08 Jul 2014, 08:02

I helped already some sp mapmakers in their missions script. So if you make a good looking map (terrain, objects, city for ai) I could help you at making the AI as hard as you want. Like initial attacks, equiprates, aggressiveness or special thigs with dynamic scripting. Pm me if you need help, I should find some time in 2 weeks :-)
<<

petecannon

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 08 Jul 2014, 13:55

thanks for the replys! the maps we are making are as plain as you can get with the resources so no need pawel, thanks lewin we just added troops for them to have so we can try build up and attack them that should do us for now.

Return to “Map Design”