Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Hopenhagen, 4v4 Mpmap

<<

alanredbull

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 02 Aug 2014, 09:50

Hopenhagen, 4v4 Mpmap

Hi, I made a 4v4 map for TS players. Its my second time making a map, so not best, but hope U guys like it :D

The map has to be played as top vs bottom, and each side has 4 different locs:
Loc1 and 2 are the leather locs with mass space to build and one iron mine as bonus, and have farmer on start with 5 builder and 6 servers.
Loc3 and 4 are the half leather locs with mass space and 2 iron mine, have cutter on start with 4 builder and 5 servers.
Loc5 and 6 are the nomal locs with 3 iron mine and use inn unlock build order, but hav cutter and quarry at the same time after Inn with 3 builder,5 servers.
Loc 7 and 8 are the locs with 4 irons but limit space to build, also use inn unlock build order, but hav cutter after quarry with 3 builder,4 servers.

loc 1 and 2:
loc 3and 4
loc 5 and 6
loc 7 and 8
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by alanredbull on 03 Aug 2014, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 02 Aug 2014, 11:56

Re: Hopenhagen, 4v4 Mpmap

First of all, I gotta say, it looks really nice! You did really good job, I can see you put a lot of effort and time into it. You put attention to details and have nice ideas :). I like the idea of every loc having different gamestyle, I would like to see how it works during a game.

Here are some things that need fixing:
137:7 fix tile, you can try to hide it with object
76:158 and 192:96 change water direction, now it's flowing up :D
105:110 fix tile
99:86 fix tile
176:91 fix tile
8:159 fix tile
8:178 fix tile
45:137

That objects at 1:191 look weird at the very edge of the map...

That mountain edge at 54:52 is too straight, therefore boring. Try to make it look more like it is in higher part of this mountain.

That hill and roads around it is a nice area! (58:76). However, that road beneath it is too straight, it looks bad (30:98). And it looks bad even on mini map, which is one of the first things a player would see, try to change it a bit, make it more curvy.

You should work on elevating some mountains (like 16:48, 17:109, 37:139, 25:143, 80:183). They don't look bad now, but they could look better. Your stone mountains look nice, you could try to take this direction and work some more on that gold and iron mountains I've wrote, so they are more interesting (as stone mountains are). That gold mountain at area 152:192 is most interesting and best looking imo. However, the shape of coal beneath it is too straight :). You could try to make it look more like on 124:190 (it's really nice, the shape and elevation).

That pond at 149:177 has too straight edges on left, you could do sth about it (also elevate edges a bit would be nice).

Some areas are too flat, you can use a little elevation, maybe some more objects as well. Examples: Image Image

Entire map should have more objects, it's too empty at many places.

I don't understand the idea behind this, under the storehouse:Image

One last thing, I'm curious, why do you named map Hopenhagen? What does it mean?

Keep up good work :).
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 02 Aug 2014, 13:44

This map looks quite interesting, but its looks need to be improved indeed. Hopefully some people can test it for you and give some nice feedback about gameplay. :)
<<

alanredbull

Peasant

Post 02 Aug 2014, 21:24

First of all, I gotta say, it looks really nice! You did really good job, I can see you put a lot of effort and time into it. You put attention to details and have nice ideas :). I like the idea of every loc having different gamestyle, I would like to see how it works during a game.

Here are some things that need fixing:
137:7 fix tile, you can try to hide it with object
76:158 and 192:96 change water direction, now it's flowing up :D
105:110 fix tile
99:86 fix tile
176:91 fix tile
8:159 fix tile
8:178 fix tile
45:137

That objects at 1:191 look weird at the very edge of the map...

That mountain edge at 54:52 is too straight, therefore boring. Try to make it look more like it is in higher part of this mountain.

That hill and roads around it is a nice area! (58:76). However, that road beneath it is too straight, it looks bad (30:98). And it looks bad even on mini map, which is one of the first things a player would see, try to change it a bit, make it more curvy.

You should work on elevating some mountains (like 16:48, 17:109, 37:139, 25:143, 80:183). They don't look bad now, but they could look better. Your stone mountains look nice, you could try to take this direction and work some more on that gold and iron mountains I've wrote, so they are more interesting (as stone mountains are). That gold mountain at area 152:192 is most interesting and best looking imo. However, the shape of coal beneath it is too straight :). You could try to make it look more like on 124:190 (it's really nice, the shape and elevation).

That pond at 149:177 has too straight edges on left, you could do sth about it (also elevate edges a bit would be nice).

Some areas are too flat, you can use a little elevation, maybe some more objects as well. Examples: Image Image

Entire map should have more objects, it's too empty at many places.

I don't understand the idea behind this, under the storehouse:Image

One last thing, I'm curious, why do you named map Hopenhagen? What does it mean?

Keep up good work :).
Hi, TianK

First of all, really thx a lot! Very good suggests, I will improve it as my best.
For the name, it is the word mixed with Hope and Copenhagen! :)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi, I improve the map a little bit based on the suggests, have a look! :)
Last edited by alanredbull on 03 Aug 2014, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.
<<

alanredbull

Peasant

Post 02 Aug 2014, 21:25

This map looks quite interesting, but its looks need to be improved indeed. Hopefully some people can test it for you and give some nice feedback about gameplay. :)
Thx, man, I will try to improve it, :)

Return to “Map Design”