Strangelove's Multiplayer Maps

<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 08 Aug 2014, 10:19

Strangelove's Multiplayer Maps

Hey guys!

Please do check out my Multiplayer-Maps and give constructive Feedback! Thanks!

Canyon

Details:
Size: L
Players: 2/4 (1vs1 or 2vs2)

Preview:
(Version 1.1)

Changelog f. Version 1.1:
- Map is now bigger and supports 4 Players
- Normalised amount of Places for Gold Mines (5 for each Player)
- Every Player can now build 3.5 Iron Mines instead of 5
- Increased amount of Iron from ~200 to 250
- Mayor Elevation fixes; especially to Mountains
- Fixed alot of broken tiles
- Replaced uncuttable trees

Best regards,
Strange

EDIT: 11.02.2018: Removed "Blood and Ice" and old versions of "Canyon". Added new 4Player version of the Map "Canyon".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Strangelove on 11 Feb 2018, 18:47, edited 29 times in total.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 08 Aug 2014, 10:27

Re: Strangelove's Maps

Good map idea, and it looks nice :)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 08 Aug 2014, 10:37

The looks are quite nice. I'm not sure about the amount of stone, it might be a bit too less. Around 1000 stone is the standard as far as i know.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 08 Aug 2014, 13:14

- the map does pretty nice, but do i see that the left player has only 165 stone?
- I do agree with revo that 1000 stone would be a bit nicer, but 800 will do the job although barely.
- the way you distributed iron over the map makes me guess it is more leather favoured, since iron will be hard to get .48 in one mountain is not much, but on the flipside ~200 in total is the average amount, nice touch.
- normally i am not a fan of small entrances, but this map has so many of them and you can even shoot over the mountains preventing camping so bonus points for making a general negative thing in maps work.
- the ice paths might be a bit too thin, but that needs to be playtested, luckily there are multiple paths making this work a bit more.

Well apart from the 165 stone that has to be fixed i think this is the first 3 player ffa map ever in kam remake. well done.

P.S. weren't you the guy who also made a campaign in progress? i believe something about a barbarian invasion?
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 08 Aug 2014, 13:30

- the map does pretty nice, but do i see that the left player has only 165 stone?
- I do agree with revo that 1000 stone would be a bit nicer, but 800 will do the job although barely.
- the way you distributed iron over the map makes me guess it is more leather favoured, since iron will be hard to get .48 in one mountain is not much, but on the flipside ~200 in total is the average amount, nice touch.
- normally i am not a fan of small entrances, but this map has so many of them and you can even shoot over the mountains preventing camping so bonus points for making a general negative thing in maps work.
- the ice paths might be a bit too thin, but that needs to be playtested, luckily there are multiple paths making this work a bit more.

Well apart from the 165 stone that has to be fixed i think this is the first 3 player ffa map ever in kam remake. well done.

P.S. weren't you the guy who also made a campaign in progress? i believe something about a barbarian invasion?

Just updated the Stone amount from 810 to 1110. Some of the left part on the preview is missing on the Preview-Screenshot and not updated. Just download the new Version and see for yourself (:
I also placed the iron far away and outside the "camp-zone" to favour leather and get player not to punish campers. I might add some Iron. There are more than enough Coal tho.

I agree on the small iron paths... I might have to change them, but as you say, we'd have to test that!

I intentionally made that 3 player map, because there were none. :P

Yes, I am that guy, and I am still working on that campain. I just havent had enough time and the balance of the AI is pretty challancing... 7 Maps are pretty much done, apart from the AI balancing.
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 08 Aug 2014, 13:58

TIp make mid less campy i will check this map today.

Edit also maybe use rc1 magic ice?
Last edited by Michalpl on 08 Aug 2014, 14:18, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 08 Aug 2014, 14:09

TIp make mid less campy i will check this map today.

Edit also maybe use rc1 magic ice?
Didn't know Magic Water Tool works on Ice. Thanks!
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 08 Aug 2014, 14:18

You need to fix it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 08 Aug 2014, 14:32

even though it is a bug that needs fixing, you could at least be polite about it. try to give some real feedback on the map. anyway strangelove i think the best way to test your map is to use the latest beta rc (everyone who joins your lobby can instantly download it).
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 08 Aug 2014, 14:36

Iron looks very unpractical. If you intend on players reaching and using iron at a realistic time, the it'll have to be closer or at least have the iron in one spot. Further, how much timber is in the storehouse? If you used the standard (50) then 16 trees is probably about half what it should be.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 08 Aug 2014, 15:30

Yea sorry Map is good but it need to be improved.
in my opinion locations are unbalanced red loc to easy to sneak blue loc balanced green loc is op most campy loc ever
add more random tiles on hills
more snow trees
Maybe some plans for a remake of it i mean 2vs2 or make it 3vs3 or a battle variant of this map
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 08 Aug 2014, 15:30

even though it is a bug that needs fixing, you could at least be polite about it. try to give some real feedback on the map. anyway strangelove i think the best way to test your map is to use the latest beta rc (everyone who joins your lobby can instantly download it).
I am using r6478 atm. Just didnt know about magic water working on ice too. Haven't worked on a map (beside of that one) for some time now.
Iron looks very unpractical. If you intend on players reaching and using iron at a realistic time, the it'll have to be closer or at least have the iron in one spot. Further, how much timber is in the storehouse? If you used the standard (50) then 16 trees is probably about half what it should be.
What are the standard amounts of basic stuff in the storehouse at the start? Also, how many additional trees should I add? I want to make the map to be as fun and appealing as possible for veterans and new players!
The iron outside the the defence lines is intended, however you are right about it beeing spread out a little too much to be of practical use. I hope I get to fix it this weekend.
Yea sorry Map is good but it need to be improved.
in my opinion locations are unbalanced red loc to easy to sneak blue loc balanced green loc is op most campy loc ever
add more random tiles on hills
more snow trees
Maybe some plans for a remake of it i mean 2vs2 or make it 3vs3 or a battle variant of this map
Every location has its little advantages atm. I will try to get it as balanced as possible, tho its hard to do that for a 3 player 1vs1vs1 map!
And yes, I do plan do make a map with simular style with 2vs2 or 3vs3 (each team its island) once this map is 100% done.

I am also working on a fix for the Stone-Bug.

Thanks everyone for your feedback!
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 08 Aug 2014, 15:50

Also i think its not to much stone AI Runed out of it when it almost finished buidling towers and town
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 09 Aug 2014, 18:46

The updated Map (Version 0.9b) is ready for download! See my edited first post for changes and fixes.

Thanks!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 09 Aug 2014, 19:29

What are the standard amounts of basic stuff in the storehouse at the start? Also, how many additional trees should I add? I want to make the map to be as fun and appealing as possible for veterans and new players!
Understand that this isn't an official standard; it's just the way most popular maps in the Remake (for both randoms and TS players) are. The standard is mostly based around To and Koczis style of mapmaking (who are imo the best map makers). Note that food is pretty random, but I'll include a general idea for you anyway.

Stone: 60-80
Timber: 50-60
Gold: 60
Wine: 60
loaves: 30-35
Sausage: 15 (although some maps are using as much as 30. Way too much imo)
Fish: 20-35
Serfs 4-5
Laborers 3-4

As for resources on the map, it really depends on what kind of location you are making, but you should have at least the following for most locs:

Gold ore: 200
Iron ore: 250
Coal: Typically you should at least use the following equation: 2x iron ore + gold ore.
Trees: 30 within a reasonable distance to starting location
Stone: 1000
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Map Design”