Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Maps for TH

<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 10 Feb 2018, 13:32

Maps for TH

What is the best map set up for Townhall games?
Is there any map or location which is developed directly for TH strategy?
Probably not the TH imba, the locations with the infinity goldmountains and poor quality settings...
Thanks in advanced!
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 11 Feb 2018, 16:36

Re: Maps for TH

Not sure what you are looking for exactly. Since the TH only exists in the most recent beta versions, I doubt that there are any maps out there that were made/modified to fit the TH strategy. I mean, how many games have there played on the newest beta with the increased gold cost of TH units even. Hard to say which amount of iron/gold and respective mining spots garantee a well balanced game.
I've tried to adapt my MP Maps to work well with both iron and TH units; Increasing Iron in the mountains and limiting Gold mining spots. But without any proper testing its tough to say, if it will produce good an balanced games...
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Feb 2018, 18:51

I think what he means this: What locations on the current pool of popular maps would be most optimal for extreme TH strategies? Locations would probably include a lot of gold and coal that are easily and quickly available.

Personally, I think Back in the Desert location 4 would be a good candidate. Very fast gold and coal, with like 380 in the mountain IIrc. The map is small; though, so perhaps barbarian-only strats could get outshot by these 50 bowmen strategies used on the map.

Other than that, any map where you have 300+ gold and 4+ mines available is a good choice.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 12 Feb 2018, 20:22

I meant, opening a topic to dicuss it. Because we talked lot about the TH itself, but about the environment not really.
I'm courious what type of map would be ideal location for games which include TH, where could not spam TH as much on for example a Golden Cliffs location.
Possible for this would have to sentence what would be the acceptable army composition at PT with only TH and with normal base builds etc...

Return to “Map Design”