Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Iron Defense 1v1 (possibly 2v2)

<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 16 Aug 2014, 09:42

Re: Iron Defense 1v1 (possibly 2v2)

Maybe you could move storehouse much closer to the bridge and iron mountains just next to river.
That's a good idea. And if you have already made these mountains, you can just copy them and move closer to the bridge :).
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 16 Aug 2014, 12:24

You could use scripts to move "iron ore" from iron mine to storehouse. As i think the key to win this map is reaching iron mines, so u have to balance this thing and let these mines be priority for player. Like 8 iron mines in many places at middle of the map, player can build/capture them. So the first 30 mins after pt players will be fighting for iron, after that they will invasion with iron army. Thats my idea xD
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Aug 2014, 15:00

You could use scripts to move "iron ore" from iron mine to storehouse. As i think the key to win this map is reaching iron mines, so u have to balance this thing and let these mines be priority for player. Like 8 iron mines in many places at middle of the map, player can build/capture them. So the first 30 mins after pt players will be fighting for iron, after that they will invasion with iron army. Thats my idea xD
I actually thought of something like this before, but it worked a bit differently in my mind. Yours is actually a very interesting idea!
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 16 Aug 2014, 18:08

such a script would be a good addition for this concept actually.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Freddy

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 17 Aug 2014, 15:56

I like the script ideas, but I don't really feel like incorporating it into the map I started (also I'm not sure I would be up to making the script).

Anyway, I updated the left loc (less "safe" space, iron much closer, map dimensions smaller). Rest of the map still in planning phase and the concept stays the same. What do you think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 17 Aug 2014, 16:55

I am not a very good MP player so i can't tell you any thing about that, but it looks very nice in the screen
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

Post 17 Aug 2014, 17:18

If u want, i can help u with script :>
Yea it looks very good, nice shapes :D
<<

Duke Valennius

Militia

Post 17 Aug 2014, 17:27

I think it looks good. I like the idea of making smaller that "safe" are behind bridge. That should made it clear that one must go for iron ;)
<<

Freddy

Vagabond

Post 17 Aug 2014, 18:00

Thank you, glad you like it. I'm gonna work on it when I have time and hopefully won't be too long before I finish it. Regarding the script, I probably won't look into that right now. Maybe after I finish this map, I could colab with someone and make a different map with a similar concept.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 17 Aug 2014, 21:29

Please ignore my ignorance, but is this your first map? If so, it's very, very good.
About the concept of this map: I like the idea and maybe it will work out. The new location of the storehouse will help, the iron seems much easier to reach and there are many trees there which will help a lot. But there is no gold and farming space, so players will have to build to the top as well. This might become a quite difficult map, but so far it seems well playable.
I haven't really looked into the looks (only looked at the screenshot), but please don't use the wannabe fir tree. The large one with the ugly leaves. :)
<<

Freddy

Vagabond

Post 18 Aug 2014, 10:01

Please ignore my ignorance, but is this your first map? If so, it's very, very good.
About the concept of this map: I like the idea and maybe it will work out. The new location of the storehouse will help, the iron seems much easier to reach and there are many trees there which will help a lot. But there is no gold and farming space, so players will have to build to the top as well. This might become a quite difficult map, but so far it seems well playable.
I haven't really looked into the looks (only looked at the screenshot), but please don't use the wannabe fir tree. The large one with the ugly leaves. :)
No ignorance :) I didn't really advertise that this is my first map. I looked into mapmaking about three weeks ago, watched some tutorials etc. but didn't actually do anything, didn't have what. Then I got this idea and started creating. And thank you :)

I was certainly aiming at a higher level of difficulty. I didn't want it to be another resource grind but instead make a more challanging play that needs good planning.

I never actually noticed that people generally don't use the tree (even in official campaigns; why is it even present in the editor? :D). Do you think using it is such a bad idea? Another tree question I have is that when I place the preceding version of the uncuttable tree on the map (those that will still grow) will they grow into the uncuttable one or stay at the 4th stage?
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 18 Aug 2014, 16:25

I never actually noticed that people generally don't use the tree (even in official campaigns; why is it even present in the editor? :D). Do you think using it is such a bad idea?
Yes I do. For some reason it seems to be totally out of place in any forest, on any tile, near any object, on any map. But don't worry, many people use it, it's just that I don't like it and I think no one should use it. ;)
Another tree question I have is that when I place the preceding version of the uncuttable tree on the map (those that will still grow) will they grow into the uncuttable one or stay at the 4th stage?
I'm not sure how it works in the Remake (I'm still using an old seperate editor), but I don't think they will grow (except for the very small trees).
<<

Freddy

Vagabond

Post 18 Aug 2014, 16:56

I'm not sure how it works in the Remake (I'm still using an old seperate editor), but I don't think they will grow (except for the very small trees).
Well, all the tree sequences grow up to the biggest tree if given enough time (but you can always cut them beggining with the third stage I think). So does anybody know if I use the small predecessor trees of the big one, will it grow to the 5th stage?

Return to “Map Design”